“Gem of a hotel that lives up to the Kimpton name!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of FireSky Resort & Spa - a Kimpton Hotel

You added FireSky Resort & Spa - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
FireSky Resort & Spa - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   4925 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85251 (Formerly Caleo Resort & Spa)   |
Ranked #20 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Petaluma
“Gem of a hotel that lives up to the Kimpton name!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Just returned from a 2-night stay at this property and wish I was their on my own time, not for business. The grounds are awesome, beautiful pools, nice spa and they have bikes for guests to use. The rooms are super! All appear to at least have a balcony/patio or enclosed area (which would be great for traveling with pets as Kimpton is Pet Friendly). Had dinner both nights once in the restaurant and once through room service; both good experiences. Location is close to everything you would want to access when visiting the area (for reference resorts like the Phoenician are only a handful of miles away).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dehn B, Manager at FireSky Resort & Spa - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for the great review! And thanks for mentioning the bikes for loan. Talk about a great way to get around and explore Old Town Scottsdale. Everything is within a short and easy ride...shopping, restaurants, galleries.....we've got you covered! Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Although I've stayed at the FireSky many times for business before, my family and I just spent two nights there for fun prior to heading to the Grand Canyon. The FireSky never ever disappoints! Located in Scottsdale, just a short jaunt from Old Town, we stayed there over New Years Eve and it was perfect - just the right party-feel in the lobby, but the hotel was careful to make sure and moderate the noise near the guest rooms, so we weren't woken by revelers once. The rooms are clean, spacious, and lovely. The lobby is just gorgeous - expansive and elegant with Southwestern touches, but nothing cheesy. The complimentary wine hour from 5-6pm every night is a blast with great wines, Wii, and games (including corn hole - yes, I kicked my husband's butt). On previous business trips to FireSky I've enjoyed the restaurant, but this time I enjoyed the pool and hot tub. My son, a wimp when it comes to cold water, got right into the heated pool despite the 65 degree air temp. One of my favorite features of FireSky are all the outdoor sitting areas - some by the water, some by fire pits - that are great for sipping a glass of wine, reading a book, catching up with a travel mate, or checking e-mails (free wi-fi) . There's even a few adorable tiny jackrabbits that wander about so my son and I played Spot the Bunny for an hour one morning. However, the best thing about the Firesky is the staff. You won't find nicer, more genuine or helpful people. All Kimpton Hotels have amazing people working for them and FireSky is the creme de la creme.

Room Tip: Ask for ground level pool facing - bigger patios.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dehn B, Manager at FireSky Resort & Spa - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Awww! We (heart) you too! What a treat it is to read about your experience at the FireSky! I'm happy to hear that you had the opportunity to spend some "down-time" with us and recharge at our little oasis in the desert. I commend your son for braving the "cool" temperatures. I suppose cool is a relative term :) We look forward to our next opportunity to add a little pampering to your business or pleasure trip!
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on a Saturday night in late December. We booked the hotel that morning as we were driving to Phoenix. The hotel is ideally located close to fashion island with lots of bars and restaurants. We enjoyed the hot tub late into the evening.We didn't venture out that evening but instead had drinks and food in the hotel bar. It would be a great hotel in the summer time as it has lots of pools.

Room Tip: As the hotel does not have elevators I suggest staying on the ground floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dehn B, Manager at FireSky Resort & Spa - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thanks for the nice review! I hope you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle to get you around Old Town. Everything is an easy walk from the Resort, but if you do some shopping and you have bags to carry, our shuttle is a great convenience! Thanks again!
Fort Lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is my second time to the Firesky Resort in Scottsdale AZ. The first trip was with my husband and unfortunately I was only able to stay one night. We got lucky and got this through Hotwire for a great rate!
The entrance is impressive with torches of fire all around. The lobby is warm and very modern with a friendly and helpful staff. They are very pet friendly which shows by the water bowls by the front desk! You would never know it though, the rooms and grounds are extemely neat and clean.
The rooms have been remodeled in a really cool rustic yet modern motif. They pay very close attention to detail with a stocked bar and a glass top drawer full of everything from trail mix to head ache medicine, playing cards to bad aids!
The restaurant on the grounds is FANTASTIC! I had the Scallops and Risotto last night...best meal in AZ so far!
Outside there are fire pits with big comfy chairs all around it in several locations, the pool and jacuzzi also have torches all around with lush landscaping and lagoons/waterfalls.
They also have a spa, which I plan to visit today. Close to shopping and restaraunts and a shuttle bus to take you there.
In room dining seems to be pretty pricey ($40 for a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich and a pot of coffee!) but it was very good! :)
I HIGHLY recommend the FireSky! It is truly one of my favorites!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
We love you too! Thank you so much for the great comments! I hope your experience in Jurlique topped off your stay with a little indulgence for the mind, body and soul. We're so happy to have you as our guest....thank you for visiting us again :)
Burlington, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed here for New Years Eve. There is no Elevators in the Hotel so if you have a second floor room and have luggage you have to drag it up a flight of stairs. They had nothing going on for new years eve which I was surprised to hear because they are a resort type hotel. When we arrived we found out they rented out their only banquet room to a family who wanted to hold a private party on new years eve. Considering the hotel was fully booked it would of been nice to include all guest so we would not have to go elsewhere and spend our money. The wine glasses in the room were dusty they were placed upside down on a dusty silver tray. We saw a spider crawling over the phone which my husband had to kill. When we checked in they never offered information about the hotel amenities I had to ask. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dehn B, Manager at FireSky Resort & Spa - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
I'm very sorry your experience with us wasn't what you were expecting. Our two-story hotel does not have elevators; however we have plenty of staff that would be happy to assist you with your bags. My apologies if this service wasn't offered, and that the many amenities of the resort were not explained to you when you arrived. We did have some special offerings for New Year's Eve; and indeed one of our ballrooms was occupied with a private function, however the FireSky never advertised, promoted or planned a party of any kind. There were several New Year's events in the local area, and our knowledgeable and friendly team would be happy to guide you to a venue that offers the specific atmosphere and attributes that you are looking for. Again, I apologize that your experience wasn't equal to your expectations.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Great property at an outstanding location in Scottsdale. This placed is laid back, comfortable, and eclectic with a nice mix of elegance. Love the pool area and it is a nice change from the typical gargantuan resort experience. It has a good, getaway feel. Food and beverage is positively outstanding! Nice lobby bar and the living room is a great place to relax or conduct business!

Room Tip: Any room facing the pool area is going to be preferred. On the ground floor you can walk out and en...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Happy to hear you enjoyed our property! Our ideal location, intimate surrounds and personalized service combine to offer amazing experiences that create memories to last a lifetime. Thank you for letting us be part of yours!
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay. Our dog was very comfortable in the room on the hotel provided dog bed. The bathroom is nice with room to feed your dog. Our room was quiet, clean and recently renovated with lovely finishes and lighting. The service, amenities and wine happy hour were all very nice. The pools, grounds, lobby, firepits and torches are beautiful. The location is great! We loved the car service to the many wonderful restaurants nearby. All in all... perfect! We will definitely stay at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the great comments! We're thrilled you enjoyed your experience with us. We hope to see you and your four-legged travel companion back again soon.

Been to FireSky Resort & Spa - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!