“lovely quiet resort” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Burnsville, Minnesota
“lovely quiet resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Yep, just spent a week at the Scottsdale Plaza, it was quiet and beautiful, the grounds are well maintained and had loaded with flowers. The staff at the resort were all very friendly and helpful. The Remington Restaurant located on the ground has great food, we ate there four times, the rack of lamb was tasty. Not to mention there is a Starbuck's across the street.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
scottsdaleplaza, General Manager at Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you so much for you wonderful feedback. We appreciate your visit to The Scottsdale Plaza Resort. The plush winter grass and bright flowers were planted recently, so we're glad you were able to enjoy them. Hopefully the live Jazz music at Remington's provided great ambiance for your meal. We hope you choose us again for your next stay in Scottsdale.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Wailuku, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I booked in the dark on priceline.com. After committing to a five day stay I was informed that the hotel I was booked at was the Scottsdale Plaza Resort. Then I read the reviews.

Yes the room was a little dated but it was spotlessly clean and well maintained (flat screen TV, very nice furniture, comfortable king bed). The grounds are truly resort quality. The restaurant and bar prices are reasonable for a resort. Yes there is a $17 per day resort fee but considering that my rate for a King Guest Room was just $50 per day + the $17 resort fee, I would give this booking 10 out of a possible 10. Not sure why they are giving away their rooms here but last year I booked a room down the street at the Hilton for $50 per day plus resort fee. I guess if the resorts in Scottsdale are not busy they will give away their rooms. The Hilton was the same quality room as the Scottsdale Plaza and they also had a resort fee and $12.99 internet fee. However, the S. Plaza had free AT&T wireless for iPhone or iPad users who had a data plan (PC users had to pay $12.95). The Hilton grounds were nowhere near the size and quality of the S. Plaza.

The S. Plaza staff was more than pleasant and even provided a free refrigerator for the room when I asked if they had a refrigerator I could store my wife's insulin in. I was actually asking if they would let us store the insulin in a fridge they had in the office but they insisted that they would be happy to bring us a mini fridge at no cost.

Room Tip: The Red Roof Inn cost more per night than I paid at the S. Plaza. Try a $50 bid on Priceline for a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate the positive feedback on your stay at The Scottsdale Plaza Resort. We value our guests and are happy to provide the best customer service possible during your stay. Despite the "shot in the dark" reservation, we are glad it worked out successfully. Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to another possible stay in the future.
cleveland ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Everything is clean, the service is good and the grounds are nice. For $79 on hotwire it was a bargain. But had i paid regular price i would be disappointed. The main reason is the property is very dated. Looks like it was renovated in 1989 and is locked into that time period. Rooms were comfortable and standard fare but felt somewhat like a Super8. Im sure there are some people who might like it but the green and brown 1980's english pub style lounge was boring and a turnoff to me. Walked into the main dinner restaurant and it was quiet and the same dated style. We wanted something more lively so we left. Besides the dated style, only real true complaint would be lackluster phone and internet connectivity. Have ATT and never got more than 2 bars. On the bright side, fitness center was nice and had modern equipment. All in all, average and only worth it because of the low price.

• Stayed November 2012
Woodinville, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The hotel grounds are impressive and beyond clean and manicured. I wish they put the same amount of effort into updating the rooms. Nothing says dated like brass fixtures and peeling wallpaper in the bathroom. It was super clean, just dated. The airconditioner was super loud and disruptive. In an area where airconditioning is a necessity almost year round you would think it would be a priority to make them less obtrusive. Staff were all very friendly and professional and interested in making my stay comfortable. Special thanks to Juan at the bell desk for arranging my last minute shuttle service to the airport. Loved JPs happy hour.

Room Tip: I had the opportunity to peek into one of the villas and they were lovely so if you can score one of...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
scottsdaleplaza, General Manager at Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for following up on your stay with us at The Scottsdale Plaza Resort. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our property and the quality of our customer service. We're happy to hear you enjoyed both. We continue to make updates to our facilities and will use your feedback to help improve specific areas in the future. We hope you choose to come back and stay with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

After reading the negative reviews, I was worried about this resort. To my surprise, it was a very enjoyable 4 night stay. The rooms are comfortable, clean and well appointed. The grounds and facilities are gorgeous! Everything is well maintained. The pools are beautiful and the fitness center is outstanding. I took several group fitness classes there and the instructor was terrific. If you are looking for a generic big box hotel, you won't like it. But if you want a warm, hospitable and resort-like experience, this is the deal!

• Stayed November 2012
scottsdaleplaza, General Manager at Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
We appreciate the incredibly positive feedback on your stay at The Scottsdale Plaza Resort. Our fitness instructor, La, is wonderful, and we're glad you were able to take advantage of our advanced fitness center. We believe our exceptional amenities including three on-property restaurants, Salon and Day Spa, tennis courts, fitness center with specialized classes, pools, and private casitas make a stay at our property a unique experience. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The grounds of this hotel are beautiful, and extremely well kept. The rooms are a little bit dated, particularly the bathrooms. That said, they were kept impeccably clean, and the bed seemed to be relatively new and was extremely comfortable. Pool areas were great.

I ate at JD's which was the more casual of their restaurants. It was bar food, nothing extremely good or bad about it, and the service was fine.

The place is pretty spread out, which didn't bother me, but if you are unable or unwilling to walk very much, you'll need to call the desk to get to and from the various places in the resort.

I wouldn't hesitate to come back here. Frankly, when I come to Scottsdale, I want to spend as little time inside as possible, and the clean, comfortable room suited me fine.

Room Tip: If you stay in the 800's or 900's, you are close to a smaller, but more private and less cro...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We just returned from our weekend stay at The Scottsdale Plaza. It was nice. The room was quite dated, but clean and comfortable. (I am a tough judge of cleanliness, and they passed!) The room was quiet and not too many people were around.

We paid about $90 a night via Priceline, which I still consider expensive for what we got. No internet, no paper, coffee or water in lobby, or any "extras." As other reviews noted, the resort is very large, and it's a bit of a walk if you are in one of the far buildings. I believe you can call the guys at the front door and they will come and pick you up in golf carts if you'd rather not walk. It was much too cold for us to sit by the pool, and we did not play tennis or eat at any of the restaurants. I also did not check out the fitness center. The grounds looked well maintained but the main areas were dated. The location is great for activities around Scottsdale. We were not there much, so I don't have too much to stay. There are many other places in Scottsdale, so I plan to try and find a good bargain at those hotels before coming back here...but our stay certainly wasn't terrible.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the main building.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Scottsdale Plaza Resort? Share your experiences!