“Eddies House is Great!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eddie's House

Eddie's House
7042 East Indian School Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85250 (Downtown Scottsdale)
(480) 946-1622
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie's House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #217 of 1,013 restaurants in Scottsdale
Cross street: Marshall Way
Scottsdale, AZ
“Eddies House is Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I dined at Eddies house in August with some friends. The experience was wonderful! The lamb appetizers are amazing and have quickly become my favorite dish. The chicken dish was also very good. My husband enjoyed the lobster and linguini with clams and said it was the best he has ever had! Happy hour delivers half off appetizers and certain drinks.The only thing I would change would be the happy hour drink menu, there was not one drink that I liked. Everyone at the restaurant was so warm and friendly and we even got to meet rockstar chef Eddie! So cool! I love Eddies House.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

74% Recommend
“Loved this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Wasn't what we originally sought, but a pleasant surprise anyway! I had a Lebanese salad w mint lemon dressing, so bright and light for the hot weather. Hummus plate very shareable, homemade w mint. My son had the special steak which is a filet, wrapped in mashed potatoes and then deep fried! Apparently Eddie is known for this dish, wow! Also bacon mac n cheese....only for the guys! Lastly, they brought us a homemade peach cobbler because my son is in the military, we shared it. Wonderful, felt like grandma made it. Service was very friendly, waitress told us about Eddie and his connection to NFL players. (She was the one who brought dessert to say "thanks for serving your country", son was thrilled)

Visited August 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We go there often for the alleged happy hour which runs every day all day.I say alleged and don't give them 5 stars only because they're just not honest about it. Should be called Eddie" bar deal since you can only sit in the bar area, order restricted drinks, and the 1/2 price appetizers are very expensive at regular price and only a pretty fair deal at 1/2 price. With that being said, It works for me, if only by luck. I like Sky vodka(on the deal). The appetizers are very well prepared, up scale, and taste great but as I said good value NOT A GREAT VALUE. i.e.lamb chops-3 or 4=$20.00 X50%= $10.00 cost. They are excellent but your call as to value.$20.00 high-$10.00 ??? The atmosphere and personnel are excellent although more help is needed in the bar area. The bartender is also the waiter and does an admirable job working both sides of the bar and smiling too. 4 stars is a high rating for me and this is a solid 4 stars.p.s. I don't go there for dinner because I don't want to eat a good expensive meal at the bar and simply refuse to pay double the price for appetizers and drinks for sitting 20' away from the bar area. As I said previously, the appetizers are a fair deal ( not cheap) at 50% off. Conversely at twice the price with an expensive entree, I feel I am being penalized for wanting to be a better customer.

Visited June 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Memorial Day Wedding Party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

My son and new daughter in law, being locals have raved about Eddie Matney for years.Recently celebrated their wedding with a dinner party at Eddies House( on Memorial Day). It will be a memorable evening for many great reason. The food , from start to finish , superb. The service also immaculate. Great place for event or dining, will be back.

Visited May 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fun atmosphere; good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

First trip to Eddie's House.
I had the seared scallops which were excellent and well-prepared. They were cooked perfectly because scallops are terrible if overcooked. My only negative was that there was no much sodium used. This is a flaw in many restaurants, so Eddie's is not alone in this matter. My husband didn't care much for his steak wrapped in bacon. He thought it tasted like a previously frozen filet. He should know; he's a grillmaster, and steak is his favorite to prepare.
Despite the a 2 aforementioned issues, the cocktails, bread basket and salads as well as the wonderful service required a 4-star rating.

• Visited May 2013