“Awful Hygene, meets rude service” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 32 restaurants in Safford
Cuisines: Mexican
thatcher
“Awful Hygene, meets rude service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

What should have been a nice dinner with my son turned into a nightmare. First the waitress did not greet us so my son and I sat on a table that was filthy I asked the waitress to please clean the table and ishe did but she cleaned the table with a dirty rag then she cleaned the boothe she put two dirty booster seats on top of the table that she supposably just cleaned. Yea I got fustrated so I asked her for the rag and cleaned the table myself. It took approx. 45 minutes to be served ,I didn't even get to eat because my plate was dirty the side edges and bottom had old dried on food of who's and when I don't know but I send it back and never got an appology, or I was't asked for explanation from the owne, that was there or the waitress, nor the cook. so when my son picks up the salt shacker the awfulness we felt at seeing it as dirty as the plate. I was upset so I got up and went to talk to the owner at which she seened mad at me. These people can sure take a lesson from Cheif Ramsey I hate to think of what is going ons in the kitchen.

• Visited December 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
Tucson
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2009

Wow. Dont know if the person before me owns the place, but this was not a good experience. Bad food decent chips. Been to many Mexican Restaurants and most are decent, this was bad in my bottom 2. I would not bother plus the atmosphere was terrible and ugly. Service decent.

Safford,AZ
“Best Salsa Ever :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

not only do they have the best salsa I have ever had, they have wonderful food, service and prices. I love this great family owned diner and it is my favorite place in Safford to eat

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
safford
“Mexican restaraunt <-- A joke”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2009

This place is filthy, the restrooms are nasty and dirty. The staff is rude and the managment is rude. The food is mediocre. you want mexican go to La Casita and skip this old and i mean old dive.

Central Time Zone
“You've got to be kidding me”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2008

After reading a review naming this as the best restuarant in the county, I thought I was in the wrong place when I drove up. It is in an old soda counter type operation, like an old Woolworths, but smaller. It is old but not cool in any way, metal and glass and scratched up formica, old stuff on the walls that is kind of embarassing, like Goodwill giveaways. Absolutely zero ambiance. The service was maddeningly slow, one disinterested teenager was the only person in sight, and even though there were only three tables occupied it still seemed to take forever. It is not a Mexican place really, it has a diner menu with sandwiches, fries, burgers, etc, and on the back of the menu a list of Mexican specialties. The prices are pretty low. There is no beer available. When we ordered we had to ask for tortilla chips and salsa, and they were the best part of the meal. While we were waiting for our food a delivery guy came in through the front door (at 7:30 at night!) with a handcart of supplies and did business right there in the dining area. When my food finally came, it seemed like it was from the frozen food bin at Walmart. We were starving, otherwise I would have left for sure. There must be some items worth going back for, but we didn't get any at our table. The experience was so far below par that I will never risk visiting EL Coronado again.