“Return Visit for Wood Oven Pizza” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Green Valley, AZ
“Return Visit for Wood Oven Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Once again enjoyed our Sausage Pizza with Red Sauce instead of the pesto offered. Great thin crust. Very disappointed in their Antipasto Salad. Probably the worst one we have had due to the fact there was hardly anything to it. Small bits of cheese and meat. Their other salads looked better.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Arizona
“Worth waiting for a table to get great thin crust pizza. They take good care of thier customers.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Great thin crust, even a plain cheese pizza is great but the pesto sauces are the best. The salads are good - even my kids will eat them. Adequate wine and beer selection to go with the meals. I've liked all the pasta dishes I've tried there. The only item on the menu that I would not order again are the gyros - they are the same as you would get at any of a dozen places in the area, so I doubt that they are actually created in the kitchen. Our family meals, including tip and a drink or two for the adults, average around $13 per person - a good value. The seating is limited so we often have to wait for a table, but it is worth the wait.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tucson, Arizona
“Frosty Beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I was looking forward to eating at Nonna Vivi during my drive to Rio Rico from Tucson. The reviews were very good!

After arriving, the restaurant was 1/4, or less, full. I was told that I must sit outside, due to reservations made for patrons 1.5 hours ahead of me. I reluctantly agreed to my outdoor seat, although I could not understand how or why I would occupy a seat for 1.5 hours by myself. I'm sure it happens, but I'm guessing it is not very often.

Besides that, the serving staff was very helpful, cordial and timely.

I ordered the 9" Margherita style pizza. It was perfectly done, but left something lacking.

Most memorable were the frosty, ice cold mugs of Negra Modelo.

• Visited March 2014
Nogales, Arizona
“Hidden jewel of Rio Rico”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

It takes a little bit to find this place, tucked under the columns in a strip mall (adjacent to Garrett's Supermarket), but worth the discovery. The owner/chef, Gaston, and his wife go out of their way to make a nice evening with their great pizzas, salads and desserts, many times using produce supplied by the local distributors (try the eggplant rolls!). Service is friendly, Latin-style, and ambiance is warm and comfortable. In an area with few good restaurants, Nona's is a blessing. We locals need to keep supporting this place.

• Visited February 2014
Rio Rico, Arizona
“Authentic Italian pizzas!!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Delicious, very creative pizzas :)) a little pricey but enjoyable 100%!!!!
We been there twice, first with family and friends, big group with children, the service was good and they have pizzas for children. Another time went with my husband.... we had a very good pizza, calzone and wine.... we had a really good time :))

• Visited December 2013