“Maybe I missed something” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 95 Restaurants in Queen Creek
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night
Atascadero
“Maybe I missed something”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Driving up I was really excited about eating here. Walking around I was really excited about eating here. Then I discovered that it is actually hard to eat here. don't get me wrong, the smell of the "q" going on outside was great. OK, once I figured out there was no table service and that you had to go to the bar, fine. Stood in line and waited. Of course, having never been here before I quickly irritated the help by not answering the question of sides quickly enough. I was going to have a beer but decided i had better not because I wanted to keep my faculties in case there was additional questions needing to be asked or answered. Well sure as [--] my name was called, went to the wrong place to pick up the food... Then I asked a dumb question regarding forks and knifes which rec'd a dirty look and a point around the corner. The burger was good. Half way through it I went back for a beer (assuming all decision making was completed). Waited 5-10 minutes for that and came back to be cold burger. Hence, my 3 stars rating. If you like waiting in line this is the place for you. Lunch was bad, I would hate to see the dinner lines.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Northbridge, Massachusetts
“very crowded, but fun. be patient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Firstly, it helps to know the context - group of five, 5 pm, St. Patrick's Day, so STF was very, very crowded. This being the case,parking lot was full, and the line for food was very long, and pretty slow (STF has no waitstaff: you order at one window, pick up at another). Having said that, we had a blast. outdoor seating with individual little fire-pits, live music (country, of course: we're in AZ), good beer selection on tap, and the food was just fine.

We had a great time chatting with the other patrons on line - it being March, snowbirds from Canada were predominate (you could also tell it wasn't a largely local crowd, because they didn't know the words to all but the most obvious country songs). The staff kept a good attitude, despite the massive crowd, and the rude, overly-demanding little old ladies trying to cut the line and harass them.

Bend, Oregon
“Great Ribs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We went with a group of 9 and everybody enjoyed their food. The service was good considering the place was packed. The salad bar was the weakest point and the only reason this is a 4 rather than a 5. Even the salad bar wasn't bad it just wasn't as high quality as the rest of the food. My ribs were delicious.

Everett, Washington
“Don't have the time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I've been to this restaurant 3 times now on different days of the week. If you want to eat, you will need lots of time as the food service is EXTREMELY slow even when they are not busy. The first visit we waited 45 minutes of our meals even after asking what is taking so long.. They were not busy, only about 15 customers. Second time the restaurant had maybe 25 customers and it took 35 minutes. The last time we were there they were not busy, I requested my money back and left after waiting for over 45 minutes. We didn't order anything special on our visits, burgers and fries - we'd heard that they were slow, but I thought maybe they were very busy, but not the in our three attempts.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Littleton, CO
“Western atmosphere, good food, worth the trip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The $12.99 steak is a draw, but the real reason to take friends and family is the western atmosphere. You can eat inside or out, with the fire pits, I would go out! Go early, 4:30 pm or late 7:45 pm to avoid even a weekday crowd. You serve yourself outside, so don't blame the wait staff. The 8 oz. flatsteak seems to be the best seller with sides and a roll. The salmon salad was tasty, but a bit overcooked. Bring your own marshmallows as they provide forks for roasting after dinner. Music is provided most nights and dancing if you a mind to twirl. Enjoy yourself, this is the real Arizona experience.