“We Didn't Come for the Rodeo....But the Stay Was Comfortable!” 4 of 5 stars

Americas Best Value Inn
Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   8383 E Hwy 69 (I-17 Exit 262), Prescott Valley, AZ 86314 (Formerly Motel 6 Prescott Value)   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Prescott Valley
Hemet, California
“We Didn't Come for the Rodeo....But the Stay Was Comfortable!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Prescott, AZ is home to one of the oldest Rodeo's in the U.S. and runs the week of July 4th. With that being said, we were not there for the rodeo but to assist our sons moving into their apartment before their ERAU classes start. Thankfully we planned a little ahead, and snagged one of the few hotel rooms available in Prescott & Prescott Valley under $200.00. Yes, you read it right. Normally our pain threshold for a hotel room is under 125.00 per night. This was our first time staying at this property and I was not expecting much even though my usual requirements were met: in room refrigerator, hairdryer, King bed, non smoking. With the rodeo in town, I was fairly certain that we would be at the limit of our budget constraints-however we HAD to be there to assist our kids. Weary from travel, and moving, we checked into the hotel a little early with no problem. There is no elevator at this property, however we got a ground floor room. This normally would be an issue with me because of security issues, however the entry to all the rooms is from the inside. You must slide a security key to any of the entrances to the hotel to gain entry unless you go through the lobby. Now for the room: Room 119 was neat and clean, sweet smelling with no residual of cigarette smell inside the room. The King bed was made up very nicely with no less than 5 very comfortable pillows. The mattress was one of the kind where my dear husband flung himself on the bed and didn't propel me to hang from the fire detector on the ceiling from my prone position already on the bed. Nice. We slept extremely well-with nary a bit of soreness from a day of moving or a strange bed. The bathroom area was equipped with a sink and mirror outside of the regular bathroom, which is nice if you have two people trying to get ready at the same time. An interesting touch in the bath area was the use of soap and shampoo dispensers by the sinks and showers. This worked out well as the products were adequate but nothing fancy-but then if you're feeling picky simply bring your own from home, right? The TV worked fine and was a decent size, the room was very quiet, and the air conditioner worked wonderfully. This was fantastic news because it was hot and humid this weekend. Other welcome appointments in the room: iron & ironing board, coffeemaker, and a microwave along with a decent worktable and extra seating. This may seem standard for some however, if you are forced to stay in a lesser appointed room, you will miss these creature comforts like crazy! All in all, this stay was a good one. I would stay here again. My only draw back was the geographic location was a little far from our ultimate destination-but this was because of a lack of available hotel rooms in Prescott, plus I think the price was jacked up for the event. Pleasantly surprised-always so nice!

Room Tip: Be advised no elevator at this property. You may have to park and walk a ways to either the entrance...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Rajendra B, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you very much for your kind vision we appreciate your your most welcoming expressions.

It is our pleasure that you choose us and stayed with us with generosity and kindness.

While thinking about all, we realize the most precious words about the maturity someone had stated, I am repeating those as is-- Maturity is the ability to control anger and settle differences
Without Violence or destruction. Maturity is to have patience. Maturity is the willingness to pass up immediate pleasure in favor of the Long-term gain. Maturity is perseverance, the ability to sweat out a project or a situation In spite of heavy opposition and discouraging set-backs.
Maturity is the capacity to face unpleasantness and frustration, Discomfort and defeat, without complaint or collapse. Maturity is humility. It is being big enough to say, "I was wrong." And, when right, the mature person need not experience the satisfaction of saying,
"I told you so." Maturity is the ability to make a decision and stand by it. The immature spend their lives exploring endless possibilities; then they do nothing. Maturity is the art of living in peace with that which we cannot change, the courage to change that which should be changed -- and the wisdom to know the difference.

In short I would say our pleasure and heartily appreciation.

Very Truly yours

Bob Bhakta
Manager, Americas Best Value Inn, AZ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Berryville, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

This was an unpleasant experience for us. We were in Prescott Valley for a family member's funeral. A local friend of ours said she had been promised a special rate on our behalf which we were grateful for as the cost of last minute travel is already so high. Unfortunately, things went downhill from the moment I arrived. The hotel had many unpleasant odors, the breakfast was really terrible (some icky, stale looking little muffins and sugary cranberry juice, there wasn't even any orange juice or milk; they really shouldn't offer anything at all), the microwave didn't work, the towels were dingy and stained and the hotel as a whole had a drab, dank, old and dingy appearance. Also, I had trouble getting assistance at the front desk on more than one occasion: either no one would come when I rang the bell or the wait was very long. In general, the male manager seemed very kind, but when it came time to pay, he slipped into the back office and (his wife, I think) denied that any such discount promise had been made. She kept asking me in a suspicious way how many people had stayed in the room. She said she could give me a slight discount which I confirmed later when looking at their site had not been a discount at all. I definitely could have got a cleaner, nicer hotel for this price and would not recommend this location to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Rajendra B, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you very much for your angle of views and expressions we certainly value that.

Necessary corrections had been taken.

Scottsdale, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Let me start by saying that I would not have posted this review had the owner of the hotel simply worked with me to resolve my complaints. Instead, I was completely ignored.

This hotel is the absolute worst. We stayed at the property on 4/5/14 in room 100, which was touted as the best room in the hotel. There are safety violations galore in this room. First, they jammed a second bed in the room that blocks 2/3 of the walkway from the main entrance. The only way around the bed is through a small opening--but beware because a wall-mounted clothes rack is perfectly positioned to knock you in the head. You literally have to contort your body to get around the bed and the wall-mounted rack. Second, they jammed a small dining table and two chairs in the room--between the king bed and the wall. It's impossible to exit the bed from this side as the table touches both the wall and the bed. Third, they have a surge protector plugged into the wall for the TV, cable box, coffee maker, mini frig (which you have to turn off because it runs so loud), and lamp. So many wires into this outlet you're worried about an electrical fire. Fourth, only ONE light worked in the entire room--the light at the entrance. This light is controlled by the light at the front door. NONE of the lamps worked, and there were 4 (one on each side of the king bed, one on the wall by the second bed, and the aforementioned lamp by the TV.

There were plenty of other things wrong with this room: (1) there were no towels in the bathroom--when I called the desk manager seemed to be aware of this and brought them right up, but if he was aware, why did I have to call? (2) for such a large room, there was only one small window in the corner of the room, whose view was nearly completely obstructed by a large tree right outside; (3) the shower faucet was very loose--turning it gave no indication how hot the water would be since you had to turn it around more than one full time to get it to hot.

Most important, as mentioned above, the owner of this property has NO desire to make a wrong right. Stay away from this property--any other hotel is better than this one!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Rajendra B, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for your time and energy that had been used to write about your typical experience when you were stayed at this Hotel, almost about couple months ago, during the most busiest days of the year in this town and gave us an opportunity to refer everything those, as you had mentioned in your issues are whether as per civil codes or not but unfortunately we have to say here that after all this we went through each items you had mentioned, and all were found as per the codes and regulations set fourth since 1996. We still wanted to say thank you very much and appreciate your typical views and angels of directions.

Thank you very much.
Stanton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

My Honey Alan & I stayed here for two nights. We arrived around 9:30 pm and we were greeted by Bob the hotel manager. Bob was very nice and greeted us warmly, Rooms were clean, bed was comfortable, and showers had soap and shampoo dispensers. We would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Rajendra B, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Thank you for review this property online we appreciate your time and value you findings those will really help us managing the task with full efforts.

We are hoping to see you again during your next visit to this area.

Very truly

Rajendra
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Stay was less than desirable. Wad in town for my daughters soccer tournament for a weekend. Housekeeper took my mobile phone charger. When asked, she returned and stayed that her child took it. Her child was under three years old and running around the hotel while the mom cleaned the rooms.

Another parent in our group claims to have their camera charger taken as well.

When brought to management's attention, they confirmed that housekeeping shouldn't do that and took no action.

I would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Rajendra B, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
We appreciate, you took time to express your disappointment, we took necessary actions, however it would be more appropriate if you would mentioned what actions managements should take in USA.
Sandia Park
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I enjoyed my quick and great stay here. I came in late and the desk check in was friendly in spite of my late arrival. They were helpful with my printing needs and it makes a traveler feel good when you are treated with friendliness. Comfortable room with a good TV and easy access to the main road and the local town.

Room Tip: I was at the end of the hall and never hears any noise....good location
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Rajendra B, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
We are glad to hear something about us we value your viewing and appreciate your time and hoping see you soon.

Martinsburg, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

This is a great deal for the price! Wonderful spacious room, not a hint of smoke. The room was nice and clean as well. Yummy breakfast, even had a waffle maker!
The pool didn't look so great though, if you're looking for a place to swim don't chose this hotel.
The staff was kind and helpful.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
We Thank you for your time to write about and we value your opinions and look forward to see you again.

Thank you very much and appreciate your patronage.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!