“Very good food, value, and service” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: new restaurant- great food and service
Surrey, Canada
“Very good food, value, and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We had a restaurants.com coupon and decided to come for a late lunch. The coupon was for $110, and there were four of us. Our waiter, John, laughed when he saw the coupon and said, wow, you're going to have to eat a lot of food to spend this coupon. And he wasn't kidding. The prices were so reasonable (cheap), and we were there during happy hour. The guys had 4 beers, my daughter and I a drink each, we all had appetizers, main meals, and desert, and at the end had to order a desert to go to reach our coupon limit. The food was great, I had the grilled tuna, and it was the best I've ever had. The guys had the steak special and it was good too. But the best thing about the whole experience was our waiter John, who gave great service and was a lot of fun. I would absolutely recommend this restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Prescott, AZ
“Close to home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My wife and I felt like going out for dinner Saturday night ( a treat for us), and even after reading some of the negative reviews, we thought we'd go to the Fireside Grill again (we were there last year). It's very close to home, and the movie theatre, and multiple grocery stores, so it's conveniently located to everything.

We went around 6:30, and it was busy. We were seated within 5 minutes, and our server was prompt and friendly (tall redhead, don't remember her name).

I had the Creamy Chicken & Wild Rice soup appetizer and then the 12oz NY Strip Steak with Sweet Potato Chips. The soup was good and the NY Strip was absolutely delicious (though the sweet potato chips were a little dry -- possibly reheated).

Being a craft beer fan, I was excited to try (what I hope is) a locally-produced beer called Skull Valley Red. It was so good I had two :)

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baker, Nevada
“Mac N Cheese.... with Lobster?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

My friend and I came across this place on a recent trip to see friends in Dewey-Humboldt. We shared a steak dinner and ... yup... mac 'n cheese with lobster! The best meal we had on our 5-day trip to Arizona. Good selection of wine, great service. Highly recommend this "surprise" restaurant.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Prescott
“Terrible Customer Service And Attitude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We went here on a Sunday afternoon and sat at the bar. We were the only customers there. Ordered some drinks and appetizers which were just okay, nothing special. My Husband ordered wings and after about 3 of them, he noticed they were getting bloodier and bloodier. They were raw. The Chef was sitting across the bar eating and reading the paper and when the Bartender brought them to his attention, he told her they were cooked enough and went right back to eating and reading the paper. He never even looked up. We payed the bill and left, never to return.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Main course a disapointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We came here for dinner and the waitress was friendly and efficient. The house salad was good and had a nice cranberry dressing. The bread was also fresh and warm. However, things went down hill when my grilled chicken came. It sounded so good, with lots of interesting spices. But the texture and taste were like it had been steamed way too long and was very bland. My friend ordered the chicken pot pie, which was also very bland. We decided not to go back the next night.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere