“Free coffee 24/7, friendly staff, free breakfast. QUIET!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Prescott Valley

You added Hampton Inn & Suites Prescott Valley to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Prescott Valley
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2901 North Glassford Hill Road, Prescott Valley, AZ 86314   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now, Save Up to 15%
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Prescott Valley
San Jacinto CA
“Free coffee 24/7, friendly staff, free breakfast. QUIET!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We usually try to stay at the Hampton Inn's because of the free coffee all day. This place was wonderful. Clean, staff was very warm and welcoming, price was reasonable. Pool and spa were clean and well maintained. We stayed on the first floor in room 100 by the exit door, I thought that was going to be an issue but not a sound all night. My only beef was with the climate controls in the room. If the room is set to 73 and you feel that's to cool, you bump up the temp to 76 and the heater comes on. WHAT? I just wanted the AC to go off and the fan to circulate the existing air. Yes you can turn the unit off completely but then the room gets stuffy.

Room Tip: Great location, you can walk to a few eateries.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Gold Canyon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We have stayed here twice with our softball group. The rooms are huge, clean and very modern. The hot breakfast is really great, the eating area is beautiful. The pool is a bit shaded, but clean and the hot tub was great. Perfect place to stay in Prescott Valley.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Mesa, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Very unprofessional and rude staff, made the stay very uncomfortable. Front desk staff made calls to my cell phone and to my room 3x during our stay to get more info that they wanted. The calls were very unfriendly and unprofessional. I travel quite extensively and have NEVER encountered such and disorganized staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Oceanside, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

The staff was awesome, the room was great and the breakfast exceeded my expectations! Definitely a positive experience and I will being staying here again in the future... Only thing that I would change is the pillows, a little to soft for my taste...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel in a very convenient location. The hotel is new and the rooms give you the feeling that they try to keep the hotel looking new.
The staff is great. They took good care of us. I have used this hotel several times and plan on using it in the future.

• Stayed May 2013
Tucson, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

The room had comfortable beds and was clean for our arrival. The HVAC unit was horrible. It was noisy and either very cold or the heat turned on. We could not regulate the temperature during our stay. The shower handle was loose and would not stay at the water temperature desired. So during a shower we would either freeze with water that was too cold or get a blast of hot water as the handle fell. That was not acceptable. It is too bad these issues were present in such a new hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I can't remember how many Hilton properties I've stayed at--sometimes at state government rates; mostly not--but I've never had a problem before and have never even been asked for credentials until this stay. Some properties state that the state government rate is for a specific state only and some do not. This one did not specify "AZ state employees only" as some of the CA properties do. Anyway, I guess I'll only be booking the state rate for the state I live in from now on since I really dislike setting the tone of a stay by debating rates with some snooty clerk. She made us feel so unwelcome that I almost left the property but knew they'd bill us for the stay, anyway. As it turns out, after making us feel unwelcome and telling us we could not have the government rate, she begrudgingly conceded after attempting to make us feel guilty by telling us her manager would be displeased. Good grief! Guess that's why they put her on the graveyard shift. I did not make a scene and I was not rude; I simply told her that I had never been asked for my state ID before (which I am always prepared to do) and that the website does not specifically state that the rate was for AZ only. I even jokingly asked her if two NM state IDs could count as an AZ ID since we are both state employees. I was ready to pay the full rate and would have preferred that over the negative encounter. In addition to the unwelcoming clerk, the toilet didn't flush properly (had to push lever repeatedly and it never fully cycled); the cabinet holding the fridge vibrated loudly all night long; the climate control only went to 66 (and I doubt the room ever got much below 70) and I couldn't make the fan stay on for background noise; and what's up with the "complimentary" call shortly after we arrive in the room? I've had them before and I find them quite annoying, particularly since I figured it was this woman changing her mind on the rate. Please stop with the calls, people! I was looking forward to this stay with all the great reviews but quite frankly, we could have got a comparable rate at a lesser chain property and I would have likley slept better, been happier and treated better. I won't be staying here again, even with family in Prescott Valley and you can be sure I won't recommend it. On a positive note, the property and rooms were clean and the dining area staffer was friendly.

Room Tip: Don't let the reviews fool you; I assure you this property is nothing special.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonPV, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Prescott Valley, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Prescott Valley? Share your experiences!