“Clean, Classy and Friendly” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Vendome to your Saves list
Hotel Vendome
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   230 South Cortez St., Prescott, AZ 86303   |
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Prescott
“Clean, Classy and Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We come from Phoenix, Arizona in the evening and made the reservation with a friendly lady named Barbara on the way by phone. A very friendly gentleman welcomed us, the rooms were super clean and the whole house emanates a very friendly atmosphere with historical consciousness. We were also recommended a good restaurant at the Peacock Room. Whiskey at Jersey Lillie´s finished a great evening.

Room Tip: they have adjacent room sharing a bathroom with special rates to negotiate
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My fiance has been staying at Hotel Vendome since he was quite young; however, I was introduced to it only a couple years ago. We've stayed here together several times and would never consider staying elsewhere in Prescott. While my fiance says he has always enjoyed it, he also gushes over how much the new owners have improved the hotel. They've always been very welcoming and even took us on a tour the first time I visited to see some of the newly redone rooms and those in progress.

The location is perfect - close enough to walk to the courthouse and surrounding shops, but just far enough off the main road to remain calm and quiet. Each room we've stayed in has been wonderful - clean, cozy, and well appointed. They offer a very nice continental breakfast that they serve in the lobby, featuring the single most delicious Belgian waffles ever created by a mere mortal. In the evenings, you can go down to the lobby and buy a beer or glass of wine to enjoy on the porch.

I can't recommend Vendome enough! We will definitely be returning again and again, and are even making a holiday tradition out of staying here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Fountain Hills, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The person at the front desk was very snippy and short with me when I was inquiring about making a booking for this weekend. I felt as if since they were booked, she just wanted to get me off the phone. Its too bad because I am in the travel industry and I will be not recommending this hotel to any of my clients. If the customer service is lacking when making a reservation, I would not expect it to be any better once you get there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I am torn as to the rating to give this hotel. First, the good stuff: The building itself is very historic, well preserved and very charming. As you walk in it looks like you stepped back into the turn of the century cowboy town. There is a very small charming little bar in the lobby that has a great selection of micro brews and wines and you can't beat the lovely porch and balcony where you can sip your wine or beer and just relax and watch life go by. The gentleman who checked us in was exceptionally nice. We decided to get pizza and come back to the lobby to eat it at dinner and he was nice enough to let us sit out there after he "closed" and just asked us to turn off the lights when we left. The hotel is just far enough off of the center of town to be super quiet but close enough to walk anywhere you want. They served a simple, yet sufficient breakfast of scones, bagels, fruit, coffee and juice and it was lovely to eat it on the porch. You simply can't beat the location, history and charm of the Hotel Vendome. Unfortunately, that is not where my review ends. We rented the two bedroom "suite", rooms 6 and 8 on the first floor. The rooms did seem quite clean. The rooms are connected by a very historic bathroom with an old-timey toilet and a claw foot tub. This historic part is charming but the toilet is in need of some repair and worst of all, it made sort of a loud "screaming" sound every time you flushed it. Forget using it in the middle of the night as it would definitely wake everyone up. The rooms have original woodwork which is beautiful but the rest of the decor is 1960's grandma's house. The furniture is also rather old (not historic) and in some disrepair (the drawer on the chest of drawers nearly fell out when I pulled on it) and the televisions are quite outdated as well. The bed was not very comfortable (we both tossed and turned) and the bed in room 6 squeaked extremely loudly literally every time my son moved. There is a "dressing room" in between the rooms that has very outdated decor (also not in a historic way). I love historic hotels but am baffled when they leave it decorated from several decades. There is also a distinct lack of outlets in the room making it difficult to charge our modern devices as well as insufficient lighting in the room making it very difficult to read at night. I wondered about the safety of the wiring as well as I noticed an outlet jutting out from the wall with the phone cord wrapped around it (see pic). We also heard every sound from everyone above us in the morning (I guess this can just be attributed to the old walls, etc.)and there is no way to shade the window from the light making it hard to sleep in later than sunrise. After breakfast we were ready to check out and wished to refill our water bottles but found the cooler for guests empty. My boyfriend politely asked the woman if he could get some more water and was met with the reply "I'll get to it when I get to it". Wow, Probably not how you should respond to paying guests. She was nice enough at check out but that particular interaction left us with a strange vibe. All in all, we greatly enjoyed the lobby, bar, breakfast, porch and balcony and our interaction with the gentleman working the evening shift. The rooms (at least the ones we stayed in) are in serious need of some "comfort" and decor upgrades. By decor upgrades I mean, at least make it look like authentic turn of the century decor and not just seriously outdated. I would definitely recommend a visit to the hotel, have a wine or beer at "The Fremont Bar" and enjoy it on their wonderful porch or balcony. But based on our experience, I won't be returning to spend the night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Westminster
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I loved the ambiance of this hotel! It was very relaxing to come back from a hot day on Whiskey Row and sit on either the upstairs or downstairs veranda, talking with friends.

Our room 19 was lovely, clean and comfortable. No complaints! The prices are comparable to the others in the area but this place is better!

The proprietors are friendly and very accommodating! Thank you, Steph, for allowing me to change in your downstairs bathroom after check-out. BTW, I won first place in that bicycle costume!

We will be back for next year's Shoot out at Whiskey Row! See you then!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Menifee, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Thank you for providing a wonderful & comfortable experience on our first stay in Prescott. I was sorry not to hear from Noble( I love cats) but maybe next year. (the ghost cat) The rooms were great, service super( especially Jordan- what a guy!) all within walking distance. Really enjoyed the continental breakfast- so nice on the porch. Great place to stay with friends, or make new ones!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Banning, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Had a great time at the hotel Vendome! I can't say enough , from the cozy rooms to the great lobby area with its great little bar with craft beers and wine . The staff was great and very friendly! A special shout out to Jordon, great job in picking out the best brew to the perfect glass of wine. We go to Prescott the same time every year for a special event , this was our 1 st time at the Vendome and we have already made our reservations for next year. Did I mention the Continental breakfast ? Yummy ! Please choose the Vendome on your next trip to Prescott you won't be sorry!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Vendome? Share your experiences!