“Great weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 22 hotels in Prescott
Rancho Cucamonga, California
“Great weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Was in town to see family for weekend. They had lost my reservations and they were booked solid but somehow they found me a room, upgraded. The room was very nice, beds very comfy, bathroom lighting is poor. The pool was nice but very poor lighting around pool and the light in pool was not working. So it made for a very dark swim at night. The food was great! I only had breakfast twice but both times the food was very good and price was good also. The views are spectacular!! I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

236 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Marietta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was expecting a luxury resort, but this was not it. The room felt more like a Holiday Inn. The bathroom was small with extremely poor lighting. Do not try to put on makeup in one of these bathrooms. The amenities were nice and the view was beautiful because of the elevation of the hotel. Parking was always difficult to find maybe because there is a casino attached to the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Prescott Resort & Conference Center is an excellent place to stay in Presoctt. I have stayed in several hotels in this darling town but by far this is the best place to stay. The check in is fast and the the employees are very happy and upbeat. Our room was well done and the view was
an extra bonus. Super comfortable beds and large bathroom. Only wish they had kept the bar
open a little later on a Friday night. Went to have a drink after 10:00 and it was closed. Enjoyed breakfast the next morning and food and service were excellent. The casino is in the resort so it
is easy to get to and the slots actually paid out. All in all it was a fun getaway!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kirkland, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

my wife and I have eaten at almost every restaurant in Prescott.when we have company that we want to impress we bring them to the Prescott Resort.the restaurant is always immaculate, the service superior and the food unbeatable.for breakfast I usually have the eggs benedict which Is cooked to perfection.the pancakes waffles and French toast which my wife likes are also excellent.

note this is the casino on top of the hill not Bucky's.we do not recommend Bucky's since it is very dark, Smokey, and very cluttered.

• Stayed February 2013
Denison, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Traveling through Prescott, stayed two nights. Very nice room, more like a suite with a sofa and matching chair. The bathroom was also very nice. Stayed on a Monday & Tuesday nite when the rates were the cheapest. Had stayed here 2 years ago & it was great then also.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Booked this hotel on Expedia.com, reserving a two-queen room with a sofa bed. Got the room for about $150 (normally over $200).

The hotel was built on a hill apparently by the Yavapai people. It has 160 rooms, facing either east or west. Our room at 240 was at at the west side and we had a good view of some hills on our right and the freeway (outdoor patio in room). I read in another review that first floors don't have much view, so I am glad we were given a room on second level at least.

Reception on that Saturday afternoon was a bit slow because of about 7 people lining up for their rooms. There were only two hotel receptionists - they were quick but of course guests had to have their questions answered so it took about 15 minutes of lining up for me.

Parking is free and there's a lot ---- and you will notice many cars parked because the hotel actually has a casino called Bucky's casino which we also went to. It has connecting door to hotel - just outside the very nice indoor pool and gym. The kids enjoyed swimming in the pool during this winter time and I specifically booked this hotel when I called because I called them to ask if pool was warm and they said "yes". So, off we went to drive 90 miles from Phoenix :)

I did not book our room with breakfast (no offer on expedia when I booked it - for breakfast) and I asked receptionist how much breakfast was but he had no idea. Bucky'c casino has a cafe but the place is as expected full of cigarette smoke. Our hotel room was non-smoking though and did not smell any cigarette in room. Bucky's is a small casino with most of slot machines busy that night - seems to be a popular getaway for some Prescott visitors and locals.

The lobby is impressive with wonderful Yavapai native indian statues, and there is a nice observation deck at west side to enjoy the view. The east side of hotel would have a view of the Prescott Valley itself - I will request a room on East side next time to see how it is.

The room is clean and bigger than a standard room, very spacious. I like the two sinks at the vanity mirror, just across the clean bathroom which has a tub. I also like the dark brown color hue of the room given to us. Fast Wi-fi in the room, code written at key card envelope.

In room: refrigerator, ironing board, flat screen cable tv, many lamps and two big cabinets, plus a nice long with electric plugs and also another shorter desk by the sofa bed which is on separate side of room from the beds. The sofa bed also has own TV and the side can be separated by a slide door from main room.

At this time (2013), just be careful when you are driving entering Prescott from freeway --- there are many traffic control videos that will send you a ticket for speeding, and one is located in a part that looks like a freeway but speed limit is low :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Anthem, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night for a weekend get away. About an hour from North Phoenix. The resort was very nice with spectacular views. Our room #415 was spacious with nice views of the hills and mountains. Since we only stayed for 1 night and was out exploring most of the day, we didn't check out any of the amenities. The lobby was nice, but smelled a bit from chlorine since the pool was right off the lobby. The pool had amazing views but thought it being right off the lobby was a little strange. Overall the resort was very nice. I paid $139+ tax for a king room on a weekend. Booked thru Expedia. I really wanted to cancel because I was afraid the roads would be snowy and dangerous up there (from the Valley), but the cancellation policy was that we would have had to pay for the whole night if we didn't show up so we went. Road were good...resort was lovely. *Read the fine print when you book on Expedia or anywhere else.
I guess this isn't the hotel's fault but the people next to us had kids who were laughing and playing till very late...and then crying. At one point they were even pounding on the door that adjoins the rooms and trying to open it into our room. 1:30 a.m. was when the noise finally ended or I fell asleep whichever:( Yawn.

We didn't eat in the hotel restaurant but we did eat at Bucky's Cafe which is on the 3rd floor of the attached Casino. The cafe was a no frills eatery but he gals who waited on us were friendly and the food was good and inexpensive!
Hope this helps.
Safe travels!
/Scarlett329

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Prescott Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!