“Clean, good value!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Conference Center Prescott

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Conference Center Prescott to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Conference Center Prescott
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4499 Highway 69, Prescott, AZ 86301 (Formerly Wyndham Garden Prescott)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Yuma, Arizona
“Clean, good value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stayed here for business for 5 nights. The room was nice and clean, good internet connection, has a laundry room, that was very helpful because I was in town longer than I planned. I found the staff to be friendly. The lighting in the room is poor, can't get it very bright. The bathroom light takes a minute or two to turn on, kind of weird. I made coffee the first morning in my room and used sugar, the staff never replaced the sugar so I didn't have it for the other mornings, minor inconvenience but sometimes the difference is the details. I would stay again if I needed a place in Prescott because I thought it was a good value.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Where do I begin? I stayed one night for business. The only positive thing I can say about this hotel is the grill service was great and reasonably priced. Food was great. Now...when I tried to check in at 10 I was told there were no rooms ready and checkin was at 2. My mistake. No problem. I returned to the hotel and attempted to check in at 330pm. I was advised the room was not ready and it would be just a few minutes. An hour later, I was given a room and upgraded to a suite. Pretty awesome deal and worth the wait so I shook it off as a fluke. Here's where it gets fun, another guest was assigned my same room a couple of hours later. He tried to get into the room multiple times. When I awoke and went to the door he was gone. I thought maybe someone was trying the wrong room. Finally get back to sleep...and awakened again. I started to think that the walls were just thin and I was hearing other guests going into their rooms in the same hall. Last attempt...I stayed up to see what was going on. A hotel staff member attempts to open the door. I'm at the door this time to meet him. He gives me a master key and tells me to give it to the guy when he comes back so he can get in his room. What? I call the front desk and am told to disregard what the guy told me and they would get it taken care of. Horrible service...to me and the other guest involved.

Internet-slow and inconsistent connectivity.

Cleanliness-could have been a lot better.

I will be traveling to this area frequently on business and I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013
Cave Creek, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

As regular rodeo attendees in Prescott, AZ in July, I found this hotel when preparing for the trip this year. Previously, we stayed at the Best Western Prescottonian for these trips as we like to bring our pups with us when we go to Prescott. This hotel met all of our expectations and then some. The staff was very friendly and the manager very helpful and accommodating. Our room was a pet-friendly room on the courtyard which made taking the dogs for a walk very convenient. There is a small frig in the room which was great for keeping their homemade food safe to eat. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Novato
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Checked in last Sat. to support the community during the 19 Hotshot Firefighters memorial.
Decent motel, but some areas dated. Breakfast OK, few basic hot selections, and usual cold selections.
Pool and spa in very good condition. Gym closed due to water leaks from the ceiling. Had lunch at the bar and grill, good basic food.
Service was very good during our stay. Wouldn't hesistate to stay here again.
Only complaint; wooden blinds allow light in at night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Being a Wyndham, I expected better. Apparently they experienced some water damage in some rooms, which they cannot help. However, with dryers running all night, seems like they would not have placed guests in the rooms right across the hall. The dryers were loud enough I thought they'd keep me up all night, but no, the a/c unit in the room was much louder. Glad I had my earplugs with me. After trying to sleep a few hours, I eventually put them in.

Cleanliness in the room was average. Both beds had the bed skirts tucked in instead of pulled out to hang nicely. The bed and pillows were very comfortable.

Right outside the front entrance, there was lots of trash at the sitting area. Came back two hours later, was still there. Lots of weeds where there shouldn't be, not just little sprouts either. These were tall enough that obviously it's been awhile since they've been pulled/treated. A lawnmower and a bag of fertilizer (or similar) was left out between a couple of trees out front, it was obvious that the grass wasn't in the middle of being mowed and that someone walked away briefly.

The breakfast was just okay. However, as a vegetarian, I was disappointed that the same serving spoon was used for the meat that was used for the potatoes. Eggs were overcooked. The waffle iron overcooked the waffle.

At the entrance to the back garden/seating area, there were stacks of towels on the floor, as if they were trying to keep water from coming in under the door. I understand why they were doing this, but it hadn't rained since the day before and the back patio was dry. Someone should've picked them up. During breakfast, I watched as people stepped over the towels and had to pick up luggage to carry over them. This can be a liability claim if a guest were to trip, fall, and injure themselves. As I looked out the doors, I could see that the land is graded so that the water flows towards the building, not away from it.

As I understand the hotel is pet friendly, I noticed one guest on a couple of occasions that didn't have his dog on a leash while walking through the lobby (not a service dog either). As much as I love dogs, I'm sure there's someone out there that doesn't or could be afraid of dogs. The staff should've done something about that.

What I did like...two mini bottles of water in the room and their toiletries (shampoo, soap, etc.) were from Bath & Body Works.

I don't think I'll stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
WyndhamGarden, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Conference Center Prescott, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
We sincerely apologize that your room was not to your satisfaction. We always do our best to insure that our service is up to your standards. It’s now our job to thank you for your feedback and fix what we can to make sure your next stay is flawless.

Concerning the Weeds, it has been raining almost everyday which makes it rather difficult to keep them maintained during this monsoon season. However, we do have an excellent landscaping company that has been working hard to make our property look amazing.

Yes, our rain storm did do some damage to the property… Our team did worked around the clock to make sure that we could get rooms back in order since it was a holiday week with lots happening in our lovely Prescott area and accommodating all Prescott visitors without turning those away was our top priority.

We again apologize for your less then perfect stay, we hope that you will come back again and give us another chance to show you our superb customer service, and insure that you have a better stay! Thank you

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Conference Center Prescott? Share your experiences!