“NEW LOOK FOR OLDER HOTEL” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Prescott Convention Center

Save Saved
You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Prescott Convention Center to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Prescott Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4499 Highway 69, Prescott, AZ 86301 (Formerly Wyndham Garden Prescott)   |
Ranked #14 of 22 hotels in Prescott
Roosevelt, Arizona
“NEW LOOK FOR OLDER HOTEL”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

I like the Wyndham Garden hotel chain, and I was impressed by the quality of this hotel. I stayed here two different times in the course of a week's time and both times I was treated like royalty. My room was spacious and clean with a microwave and refrigerator. The bed and pillows were comfortable and I slept well both times. The only complaint I had was the room didn't have adequate lighting for me - even the desk lamp was dim. On the plus side, there is a restaurant in the hotel so I didn't have to venture out in the snow after dark to get something to eat! All in all, a very pleasant experience and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the highway.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

370 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Toledo, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

Check-In was good. I spoke with the Front Desk Associate, Heather, I believe her name was. She was very friendly and accomodating. After my last experience with Check-in at previous hotel with a cold and bland staff, she was an incredibly refreshing change of pace. Heather actually took time to answer the few questions I had with a positive attitude. I have been in the hotel industry for quite some time now, and i would be delighted to have a young lady, like Heather, as a part of my staff. Unfortnuantly, the rest of my stay was not the best. My biggest problem was the bed. I was in room 142 and the beds were HORIFFIC. I actually ended up taking pillows from the other bed and lying on them the second night, due to the lack of comfort I experienced the first night. The A/C unit was like having a small jet plane in your room. Also, the ice maker does not work properly. I stood for about 5 minutes and only got about 5 cubes! The pool was my favorite area. It was very inviting and a perfect tempurature. The courtyards were also goregous. The lobby looked as though it was newly rennovated, and the business center was in good working condition with some updated systems. I did not eat dinner at the resturant, but i did poke my head in to see how it looked and it was small but very nice. I also very much enjoyed the porch. It was a great touch. All and all i would say service is great, bed quality and the decor of the rooms, not so great.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

I was in Prescott for Thanksgiving and stayed at this Wyndham. I have stayed here before, its a nice enough hotel, the lobby has been updated to have a modern boutique hotel feel. My room was on the first floor, the two room suite is nice but the living area is dark since it faces in towards the interior hall and has no windows. The room was clean, bed was comfortable The bathroom was updated with a nice big walk in shower but a dinky old style shower head! Not nearly large enough for the shower. The heat/AC was very noisy, I had to close the bedroom door to lower the noise from the air supply. Parking can be a bit tight, I didnt visit the restaurant or other parts of the hotel so cant comment. This is a decent place to stay, it wants to feel modern but just needs that extra attention to detail!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

Our stay was nice for 3 days. It was a clean , comfortable, spacious room. A microwave and refrigerator is always a plus for me. We enjoyed the balconey looking out over the mountains.
It is easy to find .

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

The hotel itself was very nice, although so quiet (admittedly during the week) we wondered how they stayed in business. The room was very nice as well, large and clean. We decided to eat at the Black Canyon Grille. Perhaps the worst meal we've had in years. Don't be mislead by the pretentiously worded menu describing the culinary adventure you are about to enjoy. The rib eye steak looked more like a pork chop, and the side dishes were poured from a frozen food bag. The service was terrible as well. Our drinks staying dry far too long and the food taking for ever to deliver. To add insult the entire meal for 2 was terribly over priced.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

We encountered several problems that caused us to cancel our second night. Please note we have never submitted a review before now.
Problem : the hotel has designated smoking/ ashtrays outside in the courtyard right in front of room balconies. We were forced to smell smoke most of the night in a non-smoking room. The smoking section should only be allowed on the outer side of the courtyard if at all.
The balcony off the back rooms have lights that you cannot turn off and so the rooms are too lighted even with shutters closed.
The WORST thing was the heater in the room sounds like a giant garbage truck in your room and you will not be able to sleep.
Also, beware of the "tiers" of service/amenities. We did not have the Blue Spa package, flat screen t.v. nor upscale bathroom amenities in the room as was supposed to be included. In fact, there wasn't any lotion at all.
This tier system will strike you like the cable company channel offerings. FRUSTRATING.
We did like the restaurant/bar. Everyone in there was friendly and food is great.
Note that if you use Triple AAA discount, you don't get the breakfast. Which means you really don't get a AAA discount at all.
To top off the morning, I went down to the lobby for coffee and the coffee was empty (even though they have someone hired to keep it filled).
Note there was not a RUSH on coffee-no one was there at that time so this was simply another oversight. This is a made-over (formerly) Super 8 and seemed more like a Super 8 at Wyndham prices

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms round the courtyard by pool and check heater noise right away so you can change...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

My husband and I took my elderly parents to northern Arizona for a few days. Our stay at Wyndham Garden in Prescott for three nights was great -- very comfortable, spacious rooms, and the service was excellent throughout the hotel, from reception staff to the staff in the grille, where we had breakfast in the morning and drinks at night. It's an easy drive into downtown Prescott or off in other directions to sightsee in Jerome or elsewhere. We would most definitely return.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Prescott Convention Center? Share your experiences!