“Updates Needed” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
San Marcos, texas
“Updates Needed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Like an aging movie star, this wonderful small hotel needs a little cosmetic work. The carpets are old, the TVs are old, and the decorating is old. It was a secret find ten years ago, and it is still very good, but it needs that facelift.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Chandler
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My wife and I are building a home in Prescott on our dream lot and we have stayed here a number of times over the years, and will do so more in the next 6 months. This charming little gem is priced right, conveniently located and offers a good alternative to the more expensive chain hotels and B&Bs in the area. Yes the rooms are a bit dated and no flat screen tv but for comfort and service, it is hard to beat this family-owned hotel.

It is very near to everything, has nice covered parking below the hotel and as noted before the breakfast is middle of the road, but free and nice. I especially love to come down to the breakfast and lobby area early while my wife finishes sleeping or dressing to catch some coff, use the wifi to start the day and just enjoy the ambiance of the beautiful entry area, including a grand piano.

They offer discounts for AARP etc and some nice upgraded room options if you want to make it more than just an overnight stay. Staff is always friendly and helpful in every way.

This has become our "go to" option for a 1-2 night stay for the above reasons, as well as those other reviewers have shared.

Room Tip: Ask about some of the garden king or executive suite options for more space and a jacuzzi tub, etc.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed her 2 nights in September 2012, along with my brother and his wife. Our rooms were very comfortable, the grape arbor was full of delicious Concord grapes, and the pool was inviting. My sister-in-law was very impressed, taking pictures of the interior and exterior to send to her grandchildren. The breakfasts were nothing special, but still good. The location was great for us, as we traveled to the Grand Canyon one day and to the Sedona area the next. We would definitely stay here again should we be in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

First off the people at Forest villas are amazing. They are very nice and will go out of their way to make your stay special. I was proposing to my fiance (she said yes) that weekend and they knew it . When my fire place wouldn't work I was kind of bummed, next thing I know they are giving me the Pres. Suite. I asked for bottle of champagne to be in the room when we came back after dinner and we got that plus some fresh cut roses. Again the service was impeccable.

This hotel is clean, and I'm a clean freak. It is a little dated as far as style, but it just adds to the charm especially because it is so well looked after.

My Tip: Get a Suite (spa tub and gas fire place)- ask for a garden view.

So they don't have a restaurant (they do a small breakfast for guests) or spa to speak of, at this price point they more than exceeded my expectations. We will be staying here when we go back.

Room Tip: My Tip: Get a Suite (spa tub and gas fire place)- ask for a garden view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We had a room on the quiet side of the hotel. The mattress and pillows were very comfortable. the small balcony was a nice feature. The lobby is quite interesting - it almost felt like being in my grandmas living room. it could use some updating and maybe fewer plants, but we did enjoy sitting here for breakfast and visiting. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the road.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Forest Villas, which is only 18 years old but appears quite a bit older, reminds me of a "fancy" hotel of my childhood. It's built in a Mediterranean style and not for everyone, but I would stay again since it has what is most important to me: comfortable beds, quiet and cleanliness. Spending $20-$40 extra per night for things such as managers receptions, multiple breakfast options and indoor pools, which I do not use, isn't of value to me.

Pros:
Excellent firm beds and soft pillows
Quiet atmosphere
Convenient location across the street from the Mall and TJ's (next door to the Residence Inn)
Friendly and pleasant staff
Clean and safe
Mini fridges
Wi-Fi
Balconies in rooms
Piano music Sunday mornings
I understand there is a small gym, but I didn't look.
Basic breakfast in lobby (they always have eggs)

Cons:
Dated appearance throughout the hotel and rooms
No microwaves in rooms
Outdoor pool only--no indoor
No thermostat that I could find (but there was a wall heat/cooling unit)
Breakfast is more limited compared to other large hotels
Families with young children may not feel as comfortable with the environment

If a quiet location and old fashioned comfort are what you like, plus a slightly lower cost compared to the large hotel competitors, the Forest Villas will suit you. If a modern, updated feel and extra amenities such as indoor pools, new decor, managers happy hour, waffle irons for breakfast etc..are valuable to you, then the FV may not be for you.

Room Tip: As with any of the hotels facing Highway 89 (FV, Holiday Inn Express, Residence Inn etc.), ask about...
Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Boca Raton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Clean, comfortable, quiet rooms, very nice employees, and great price. I always stay here when i'm in Prescott and have never had a complaint. Big lobby, large enough to have a quick meeting, just get together with a glass of wine. The front of the hotel has a grape arbor, with fruit in the summer, and a rose garden. Property is very well kept.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, unless the patio door facing the street is open. Nice views of the mts.for the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Forest Villas Hotel? Share your experiences!