“Stayed here during our trip to Grand Canyon and Las Vegas” 4 of 5 stars

Forest Villas Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3645 Lee Circle at Route 69 North, Prescott, AZ 86301   |
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Columbus, Indiana, United States
“Stayed here during our trip to Grand Canyon and Las Vegas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed her 2 nights in September 2012, along with my brother and his wife. Our rooms were very comfortable, the grape arbor was full of delicious Concord grapes, and the pool was inviting. My sister-in-law was very impressed, taking pictures of the interior and exterior to send to her grandchildren. The breakfasts were nothing special, but still good. The location was great for us, as we traveled to the Grand Canyon one day and to the Sedona area the next. We would definitely stay here again should we be in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

First off the people at Forest villas are amazing. They are very nice and will go out of their way to make your stay special. I was proposing to my fiance (she said yes) that weekend and they knew it . When my fire place wouldn't work I was kind of bummed, next thing I know they are giving me the Pres. Suite. I asked for bottle of champagne to be in the room when we came back after dinner and we got that plus some fresh cut roses. Again the service was impeccable.

This hotel is clean, and I'm a clean freak. It is a little dated as far as style, but it just adds to the charm especially because it is so well looked after.

My Tip: Get a Suite (spa tub and gas fire place)- ask for a garden view.

So they don't have a restaurant (they do a small breakfast for guests) or spa to speak of, at this price point they more than exceeded my expectations. We will be staying here when we go back.

Room Tip: My Tip: Get a Suite (spa tub and gas fire place)- ask for a garden view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We had a room on the quiet side of the hotel. The mattress and pillows were very comfortable. the small balcony was a nice feature. The lobby is quite interesting - it almost felt like being in my grandmas living room. it could use some updating and maybe fewer plants, but we did enjoy sitting here for breakfast and visiting. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the road.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Forest Villas, which is only 18 years old but appears quite a bit older, reminds me of a "fancy" hotel of my childhood. It's built in a Mediterranean style and not for everyone, but I would stay again since it has what is most important to me: comfortable beds, quiet and cleanliness. Spending $20-$40 extra per night for things such as managers receptions, multiple breakfast options and indoor pools, which I do not use, isn't of value to me.

Pros:
Excellent firm beds and soft pillows
Quiet atmosphere
Convenient location across the street from the Mall and TJ's (next door to the Residence Inn)
Friendly and pleasant staff
Clean and safe
Mini fridges
Wi-Fi
Balconies in rooms
Piano music Sunday mornings
I understand there is a small gym, but I didn't look.
Basic breakfast in lobby (they always have eggs)

Cons:
Dated appearance throughout the hotel and rooms
No microwaves in rooms
Outdoor pool only--no indoor
No thermostat that I could find (but there was a wall heat/cooling unit)
Breakfast is more limited compared to other large hotels
Families with young children may not feel as comfortable with the environment

If a quiet location and old fashioned comfort are what you like, plus a slightly lower cost compared to the large hotel competitors, the Forest Villas will suit you. If a modern, updated feel and extra amenities such as indoor pools, new decor, managers happy hour, waffle irons for breakfast etc..are valuable to you, then the FV may not be for you.

Room Tip: As with any of the hotels facing Highway 89 (FV, Holiday Inn Express, Residence Inn etc.), ask about...
Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Boca Raton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Clean, comfortable, quiet rooms, very nice employees, and great price. I always stay here when i'm in Prescott and have never had a complaint. Big lobby, large enough to have a quick meeting, just get together with a glass of wine. The front of the hotel has a grape arbor, with fruit in the summer, and a rose garden. Property is very well kept.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, unless the patio door facing the street is open. Nice views of the mts.for the...
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The facilities are very nice, clean, and well maintained. The lobby is elegant and reminiscent of past times when the service industry was about providing a good service, and not just making money. The gardens and grounds were a very pleasant surprise, they are serene and inviting, and they are there simply for the pleasure of the guests. The pool and spa area was clean and private. There is privacy vegetation throughout the outdoor commons areas. The staff were remarkable, everybody very pleasant, Catherine at the front desk was especially friendly and genuinely nice. Eggs and sausage, as well as toaster items for breakfast was nice, especially when it seems everybody else gives you a box of Corn Flakes. The suite that we had was a very good value, much cheaper than comparable surrounding facilities. We will definitely be staying again, should we spend another weekend in Prescott.

Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We just had a nice two night stay at Forest Villas Hotel. Our room was clean and comfortable. The bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows. The breakfast was hot and plentiful. Sunday morning a woman was playing the piano while we ate breakfast. A nice relaxing morning. Would definitely stay here again when we come up to Prescott. Near Lynx Lake recreational area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Forest Villas Hotel? Share your experiences!