“Owners can make a difference.” 1 of 5 stars

928-776-4566
Improve this listing
Ranked #52 of 181 restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Description: We take care and pride in all of the food that we serve. We use the finest ingredients available; such as fresh lump crab meat, as many organic products as possible, natural meat and no processed food. Our food is prepared from scratch and we think you'll taste the difference! We also pride ourselves on having excellent service. All of this in a cozy, inviting atmosphere.
“Owners can make a difference.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Never have I seen an owner humiliate a bar tender and embarrass his customers. We asked the owner what he was making and he said lemmon drops and then said "ik the only one allowed to maked them." He was completely drunk, slurring and spitting everywhere. We ordered shrimp cocktail that was served slightly under cooked. The bartender recommended calamari and we accepted. I was good. The owner came over dug through the trash and said this is f*!c@#*n done. Tue bartender said "they are sitting right there" as Tue owner stormed off. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Drew C, Owner at Firehouse Kitchen, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Hello!

My name is Drew Christiansen, and I am the new owner of the Firehouse Kitchen. I want to apologize for the experience that you had at this location prior to myself purchasing the business.

Since I have taken over, we have made great improvements with our staff as well as our cuisine. We have a new chef, formerly of the Phoenician in Scottsdale, and we have our new menu in place. We also have set a standard of guest relations that I would be proud to say is hard to match in Prescott.

I must apologize for reaching out to you so late after your review, but I wanted to make sure that we had everything in place to make this a better restaurant before I wrote this message to you.

The previous owners are gone, and the standard they set has been replaced with the standard of quality guest relations and a vast improvement in our menu and the quality of our food. I strongly urge you to give us another chance!

Respectfully,
Drew Christiansen
Owner/Operator
Firehouse Kitchen

73% Recommend
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The food was great but the service was just okay. They had a bar area up and downstairs both provided good service.

Visited June 2013
Kingman, Arizona
“Another Prescott treasure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We always enjoy the atmosphere as well as the food. As a bonus it is centrally located to the courthouse square and historic Whiskey Row.

Visited June 2013
Sun City, Arizona
“Way overpriced bad food.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

At the recommendation of a friend, we tried this restaurant. When we arrived, there were a half dozen people eating already. We were sat down at a dirty sticky table. The seats were worn beyond reason. After looking around, we saw that all the seats in the place were like ours. The menu is WAY overpriced for what you receive. I ordered the house special pot roast. After ordering we asked why the place was so warm and they said that the a/c was broken but it was almost fixed. It was rather warm to say the least. No apologies for the air being broken. When our meals arrived, my pot roast was half meat and half slimey fat. It was disgusting. I was in the Army for 15 years and never had pot roast this bad. We will NEVER go back to this place again and will do our best to make sure no one else does either!

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, AZ
“Needs work!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We were treated to dinner at Firehouse Kitchen during our recent trip to Prescott (April 2013.) We've eaten there once before on a previous trip to Prescott and enjoyed the experience. This time wasn't so impressive.

The place was slammed due to several thousand people descending on the town for the Whiskey Mountain Bike race. Knowing the event was in town, the restaurant should have been staffed to the hilt. Instead, they were short on servers and long on the food wait. We sat at our table for 10 minutes before I got up and went to the hostess stand to inquire about a server. She finally rushed over, apologized for the wait and took our order. The kitchen must have been short staffed as well because we sat, and sat, and sat.

I ordered a fish florentine dish which was quite good. My husband had a pasta dish with shrimp which was a large portion but he said it was too rich & creamy. Another in our party tried the beef strogaonoff, a disappointment since there were only two small pieces of meat amongst the noodles.

We decided to have dessert even after the dreadfully long meal. The other couple ordered a chocolate mousse and said it was a good consistency but not very flavorful. My husband and I split a peach cobbler type item and it was absolutely tasteless. We only splurge on dessert occasionally. In this instance, we each had a couple of bites and concluded it wasn't worth the calories to consume it.

Perhaps our experience was directly related to the lack of staffing but I'll opt for someplace else next time we're in Prescott.

• Visited April 2013