“Sad occasion, wonderful trip.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Apache Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Prescott
Apache Lodge
You added Apache Lodge to your Saves list
1130 East Gurley Street, Prescott, AZ 86301   |
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Atlanta, Georgia
“Sad occasion, wonderful trip.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I was in Prescott from Georgia to go to my father's memorial service. My sister and her husband were driving in from California. She stayed at the Apache before and suggested staying there. My friend and I flew into Phoenix and then drove to Prescott. Alec and John were so nice and helpful and made us feel comfortable right away. They had arranged all of our rooms to be next to each other. Our rooms were perfect--clean, safe, comfortable, with a mini-fridge with water and great air conditioning. The Apache's location is great--just a few blocks from the square; you can park right in front of your room, and there is a diner within walking distance right behind it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You can't beat the price or the great experience of staying at the Apache Lodge.

Room Tip: There is a diagram of the room layout on their website. If you have any special questions or needs...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Baltimore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

50's style Motel with interior courtyard and parking at your room. Air conditioned and big TVs. Years ago that would have been a big draw, now a perfect place to relive the past. Excellent staff was very gracious to our group of Hot Rodders for the third year in a row. Rooms are very individual, clean, and comfortable. Excellent fun stop.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I like older hotels, non-chain hotels and historic properties. The Apache Lodge fits all three criteria. Though there were better known chain hotels at the same or even slightly lower prices, we chose this property on the basis of its charm and character. There is, apparently, a fairly wide distinction between the basic and the deluxe rooms we chose one of the basic rooms, at about $70.00 per night. It was very basic and featured virtually no amenities other than television. No breakfast. No coffee in room. Our room faced the highway. The hotel is located at the junction of a state highway and busy city street. So there was a fair bit of road noise. The beds were adequate, wifi strong and the staff was friendly. i hope that the peeling interior paint isn't lead-based. The hot water was anemic.

Shop around in Prescott and you will find better hotel deals. However, if you are a road history buff, this is an authentic motor court hotel from the 1940s. We liked it because we could park our Harleys right outside our room, out of the street view.

Room Tip: Stay away from the highway side.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

My wife Ginnie & I spent a very comfortable night at the old Apache Lodge in Prescott last Friday. The price was excellent; the location was convenient; and the accommodations were both clean and comfortable. We especially appreciated the friendly staff.

Room Tip: Room #27 has a view of Thumb Butte.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Caldwell, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

this is a super quaint, super quiet, adorable place.
the staff is wonderful, really helpful, knowledgeable about the area
we are looking forward to heading back in the spring and we will definitely stay here!!!

Room Tip: rooms 27 and 28 are super quiet :-)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

We drove by apache motel and turned around bc the look of the hotel was appealing to us. Called John and he was extremely nice and excellent customer service! The room we stayed in was remodeled and looked amazing! The AC worked great and the heater that looked like a fireplace worked awesome! I would recommend this place!

• Stayed October 2013
Flagstaff, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This motel may not look like much from the street but it is really a nice motel at decent rates. The people are friendly. The rooms are small and a bit dark but OK. I enjoyed my stay here-it is a good old fashioned motel with a real key and not one of those magnetic keys that always seem to mess up. The towels are thick, good assortment of items in bathroom. Two complimentary bottles of water in the refrigerator. My room did not have carpet which -to me- was great. Not only is a wood floor easy to clean but it seems to me it would be more sanitary. Beds are great. The internet is good but I could not access it on the second day. Perhaps they change the password every day, I do not know. But, I did not get back to the room (after visiting with friends) until around 9PM and I lonly use it to check on emails and send emails so it was not that important .So, I did not check to see if the password had been changed or if the internet just was not working. It had worked that morning with no problem. My one suggestion is to put hand holds in the bath or a bath mat or replaced the bath mat strips as the tub was a bit slippery. However, the water pressure was great as was plenty of hot water. Ice is 25 cents which is OK as I seldom get ice at the motel. However the rooms are centered around a patio (I think they are a few more rooms outside and behind the patio) so everything is close and easy to get to. I will be back as folks there treat you like a "GUEST" and not just someone staying in a room. I will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Apache Lodge? Share your experiences!