“Great place!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Apache Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Prescott
Apache Lodge
Save Saved
You added Apache Lodge to your Saves list
1130 East Gurley Street, Prescott, AZ 86301   |
Ranked #14 of 22 hotels in Prescott
Mesa, Arizona
“Great place!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

We drove by apache motel and turned around bc the look of the hotel was appealing to us. Called John and he was extremely nice and excellent customer service! The room we stayed in was remodeled and looked amazing! The AC worked great and the heater that looked like a fireplace worked awesome! I would recommend this place!

• Stayed October 2013

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Flagstaff, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This motel may not look like much from the street but it is really a nice motel at decent rates. The people are friendly. The rooms are small and a bit dark but OK. I enjoyed my stay here-it is a good old fashioned motel with a real key and not one of those magnetic keys that always seem to mess up. The towels are thick, good assortment of items in bathroom. Two complimentary bottles of water in the refrigerator. My room did not have carpet which -to me- was great. Not only is a wood floor easy to clean but it seems to me it would be more sanitary. Beds are great. The internet is good but I could not access it on the second day. Perhaps they change the password every day, I do not know. But, I did not get back to the room (after visiting with friends) until around 9PM and I lonly use it to check on emails and send emails so it was not that important .So, I did not check to see if the password had been changed or if the internet just was not working. It had worked that morning with no problem. My one suggestion is to put hand holds in the bath or a bath mat or replaced the bath mat strips as the tub was a bit slippery. However, the water pressure was great as was plenty of hot water. Ice is 25 cents which is OK as I seldom get ice at the motel. However the rooms are centered around a patio (I think they are a few more rooms outside and behind the patio) so everything is close and easy to get to. I will be back as folks there treat you like a "GUEST" and not just someone staying in a room. I will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We visited Prescott for a one night stay and found Apache Lodge online. The place is definitely a 50's era motel, very quaint adobe look with rooms in the process of being somewhat modernized. The office was charming with antique office gear, the manager was friendly and efficient. The rooms were on the small side but very clean, comfortable bed, nice hot showers, etc. This is NOT a luxury resort but if you want a nice inexpensive place to stay this place is it. The Lodge is within 1 mile of Courthouse Square and Whiskey Row, very convenient.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have stayed here twice and Apache is where I will stay any time I'm in Prescott. It is not the newest hotel but it is clean and the staff is great. Bed was comfortable and room was clean and quiet. I really like how close it is to the historic downtown. It is just a short drive or even better within walking distance. The price just can't be beat and coffee in the office every morning.

Flagstaff, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I've stayed a couple times now. Both times John went above and beyond to make us comfortable. The bed and pillows were so nice I wish I them myself.

The room price is easy, the coffee maker in the lobby is amazing!!! Parking is secure. I will come back over and over again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I had the opportunity to spend three nights at the Apache Lodge with a group of lady motorcycle riders, and I want to thank John and his staff are the best. This is our second stay at the hotel, and both times the staff has been super, and gone beyond just checking us in. Yes, its an older hotel, but the value of the hospitality and the friendliness of the staff makes me want to say I will stay there again. You can see that upgrades have been done and are being done, and everything was always clean. We got well more than we paid for. Its quiet, easy in and out, acceessible to any parts of town easily.

• Stayed May 2013
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This is a cute hotel built in the 1940's. The hosts are extremely accommodating to their guests. I recently stayed there with a large group of girlfriends. We are motorcyclists and the hosts were more than accommodating to us -- they welcomed us with open arms!

Some of the rooms have been renovated and others have not. Some of the bathrooms are quite small with small showers. The beds are fairly comfortable. The rooms are very clean but some need some maintenance (chipped tile, older bedding, etc.). There are tables and chairs outside the room which made it very convenient for our group to get together in the mornings and evenings to chat.

The hotel is a bit outside of the Whiskey Row area (about a mile). You can certainly walk, but there are plenty of cabs available to take you to/from downtown.

Room Tip: Room 27 is recently renovated with a large, updated bathroom.