“Time Warp” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Apache Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Prescott
Apache Lodge
You added Apache Lodge to your Saves list
1130 East Gurley Street, Prescott, AZ 86301   |
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Los Angeles, California
“Time Warp”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This is a cute hotel built in the 1940's. The hosts are extremely accommodating to their guests. I recently stayed there with a large group of girlfriends. We are motorcyclists and the hosts were more than accommodating to us -- they welcomed us with open arms!

Some of the rooms have been renovated and others have not. Some of the bathrooms are quite small with small showers. The beds are fairly comfortable. The rooms are very clean but some need some maintenance (chipped tile, older bedding, etc.). There are tables and chairs outside the room which made it very convenient for our group to get together in the mornings and evenings to chat.

The hotel is a bit outside of the Whiskey Row area (about a mile). You can certainly walk, but there are plenty of cabs available to take you to/from downtown.

Room Tip: Room 27 is recently renovated with a large, updated bathroom.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Cochiti Lake, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Recently stayed at the Apache Lodge in Prescott. I was having some physical difficulties (my movement was limited) but the people at the Apache made it seem as though I was at home. There was no pretense, just good, old fashioned concern and help. I met at least three folks who worked there -- one of them I believe to be the owner -- and under any circumstances I am sure we would all be friends. It is the only place I will stay in Prescott, from now on.
maganard

Room Tip: Ask the desk person -- will tell you anything about the rooms. It's as simple as that.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I am an attorney, and very cost conscious. This hotel was very clean and economical. The proprietors are friendly and helpful. The room was extremely comfortable, with a charming little electric stove for heat, and tables and chairs set outside the rooms, which made it feel homey. I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for an inexpensive but comfortable hotel, very close to downtown.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Having seen pictures of the Apache Lodge, booked for one night while on a recent road trip. As soon as we saw the room, we changed our plans and booked for another night as we both felt instantly 'at home'. The architecture and the neon signs of the Lodge are gorgeous. Our hosts were friendly and helpful, helping us choose local hiking sites and places to eat. There is even a friendly resident cat! Even though the lodge is next to the road, the rooms are built round a courtyard and are quiet, clean and extremely comfortable - we had the best nights sleep of our trip here. Comfortable pillows and a mattress topper were a real treat. The bathroom was spotlessly clean, with a great shower. Coffees and teas available from the machine in reception, which grinds the coffee for each cup - fab! If watching TV is your thing, there is a large flatscreen in the room. However, the beautiful town of Prescott if full of interesting vintage antique and Western style shops and great places to eat and the surrounding countryside is amazing. This was our second visit to Prescott - we can't wait to return and would certainly stay at Apache Lodge again. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Our room was on the side of the courtyard furthest away from the road and was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I have been here at least three times in the last Year. They are friendly and helpful. The Ross are comfortable and the wifi is great. I have measured it at over 10mbs while many expensive business hotels are 1.5.

• Stayed March 2013
Phoenix AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Nice place for sure. As others said, motor court from fifties and a rough spot showing here and there but then renovated just about as far as poss. Loved - bed, TV, Bathtub, funky electric fireplace/heater, nice assortment of bathroom amenities, mini refrig., washer & dryer available, friendly host John, new seeming bed linen, cleanliness. Double loved top level free hot chocolate in lobby. I'll come back for that alone. If you don't need everything to look like built in last decade then this is a first pick for me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I spent this weekend in beautiful Prescott and chose the APACHE LODGE and I can't say enough about this ultra clean and well managed motel. My room, was fresh and clean and perfectly airconditioned. Closing the window shades provided an extra dark and quiet room. I loved the pillows (always a pet peeve) and the bed was perfect. Nice big flat screen TV with good lighting for reading satisfied my entertainment needs. The bathroom was exceptionally clean as were the towels and linens. The staff was more than accomodating. There is no question I will come back to Prescott and stay here again. The VALUE is exceptional. I would easily recommend APACHE LODGE to anyone.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 27 furthest away from the highway so it was extra quiet however, the traffic on the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Apache Lodge? Share your experiences!