“Great Staff, Rooms, Location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Prescott, Arizona
“Great Staff, Rooms, Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

My extended stay (approximately 3 weeks) at the Residence Inn was made pleasurable by the attentive staff, clean room, kitchen, breakfasts and evening meals/beverages. The cost of the room was well worth what I received. From Lydia at the front counter, to Haley and Ellen in the kitchen, the staff made me feel at home. Access and parking to the hotel are very adequate. The staff is very warm and inviting.

Room Tip: Just ask for a quiet room. They can make it happen for you.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Camborne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I stay at this hotel for about 2 months and the customer service was at the highest throughout my stay. It felt like a second home!

Rooms are clean and very spacious, with very comfortable beds.

The dining area and outside patio area are great. We took full advantage of the two bbq's on offer. And with a pool and two jacuzzi's, it was a great way to chill out after work.

The staff are very friendly and the management was very helpful and resourceful.

I would definitely stay again in the near future.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

On July 12th, I ran in my first ever race, while this may not seem pertinent to a hotel review, let me explain. As I stated previously, I just completed my first group, timed, monitored race. A race I thought I was ready for, but soon realized all my conditioning was well below par. The temperature rose to over 95 degrees, there was massive elevation gain, uneven sandy terrain, and I had to submit my body to the trail for over 6 hours. By the time I was finished, my body was hash. I could barely move, my knees wouldn't bend, I was on the verge of heat stroke, and I smelled horrible. The only golden light in my future, was the promise of a nice shower, and a soft bed.

Walking through the doors of The Residence by Marriott felt like walking through the golden gates, like Heaven on Earth. The hotel was clean, the staff at the front desk was pleasant, and there were ice cold containers of delicious beverages greeting us as soon as we walked in. I didn't think life could get any sweeter, until we walked into our room.

My group of racers chose to stay in a two bedroom suite, which was absolutely perfect. My husband kept referring to it it as "the apartment." The rooms were on either side of a joined living room/kitchen, and each room had its own bathroom. The room was spectacularly clean, as seemed to be one of the leading trends of the hotel, and the kitchen was very well stocked with all the necessary utensils. After six hours of racing, I have never found myself more comfortable and relaxed than I did that evening in our Residence Inn hotel room.

While I can't say enough good things about the room itself, my husband would disown me if I didn't mention the complimentary breakfast. First of all, the breakfast attendants were some of the most polite and helpful individuals I have ever met. Of course things only got better when my husband was able to have biscuits and sausage gravy alongside his scrambled eggs and freshly brewed coffee.

Yes, I would say our stay was a pleasant one. So pleasant I never once cried about the fact that it was also my first night away from my 20 month old daughter. We look forward to staying again and next time using more of the amenities, like the basketball court and well equipped fitness room.

• Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

We had stayed here for a few days and really enjoyed our time. There was a bit of a problem when we checked in ( we had a long wait before we actually got into our room ) but it was worth it. The suite was large, clean and very modern. Having the kitchen was a nice touch, being able to make toast for breakfast instead of the restaurant was great. The staff were nice but not over the top. The outside pool area was the best thing about this hotel. They have BBQ's for your use and a large heated pool surrounded by a very nice patio. In the evening we enjoyed sitting around the open fire pit on comfy sofas and just relaxing. All in all I think we got lucky when choosing this hotel and I would stay there again when in Prescott.
Steve s

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

There seems to be a disconnect between the rave reviews for this property and my personal experience. Although , I didn’t have a bad experience there, I wasn’t that impressed since it was not as spectacular as other reviewers with their superlative statements pictured it to be . I am a Platinum Marriott Rewards member who usually stays at Residence Inns all over the country for 5-6 months a year for work. I recently stayed here for several months this year.
Pros: The staff were consistently and genuinely friendly and helpful to guests . The maintenance department was top-notch . E.g. They replaced a busted lightbulb on a Sunday even before I reported it . Housekeeping must have reported it.
The hotel is conveniently located off the freeway near chain stores and restaurants and a short drive from downtown Prescott. They have all the amenities of Residence Inns like the pool, laundry room, gym, complimentary free breakfast and evening socials, etc. All rooms have well-equipped kitchenettes with full-size refrigerator and dishwasher. Unlike other Residence Inns, all the rooms are in one building so you don’t have to walk outside to other buildings to get to your room.
For pet-owners this is a pro but for people allergic and/or scared of pets this could be a con: This hotel is extremely pet-friendly and it seem that they don’t limit the size and number of pets .Expect to be jumped on/licked by big dogs while walking around . That happened to me 3 times. To their credit, I didn’t noticed any pet odors in my room or in the common areas.
Cons: The room was showing its age as a previous reviewer pointed out . The carpet was stained and worn in spots. The curtains were stained .The bathroom was small, the water pressure was poor and the shower area could use more light . I’m not sure if that was just in my room or if all the rooms are the same.
They didn’t upgrade me to a better room despite my Platinum status. Even if they didn’t have any extra rooms when I checked in, I was there for months so they should have at least offered to upgrade me once a better room was available.
Housekeeping could be better. I noticed that they don’t routinely clean the kitchen area .Visible crumbs on the kitchen table and food/grease stains on the stove were not cleaned so I frequently had to clean it myself. The duvet and duvet cover were not washed in months There was a brown stain on them when I checked in and I was aghast when I noticed the same stain on the same spot when I checked out. They probably only change it when you check out, which is a problem if you stay there for months. I was disappointed since at other Residence Inns where I stayed at, ALL the linens were routinely changed every 3 days .
Housekeeping is stingy with some supplies. It seem that they rationed them to make it inconvenient for guests so that the guests will be forced to buy their own. I’ve seen such stinginess with lower end extended stay hotels but never with Marriott hotels. When I checked in, the paper towel roll and Palmolive dish soap bottle were only half full . Though they routinely replaced the shampoo and conditioner , they only gave me 1-2 small packets of dishwashing soap a week. I ended up buying my own since I don’t want to keep on asking for soap every time I need to run the dishwasher. They waited until I was about to run out of paper towel ( as in a few sheets left on the roll) before they replaced it. They only gave me a bottle of lotion once during my entire stay and never replaced it. They probably saw that I had my own bottle of lotion. However they should still have given me lotion to give me the option of using their own lotion or my own. Sometimes they did not give me extra toilet paper /tissue box so I had to go to the front desk to ask for them when I ran out . You would think that the generous tip that I regularly leave for housekeeping would improve the service but nothing changed during my entire stay.
It’s probably one of the better hotels in Prescott but if you’ve been staying at other Residence Inns at other areas , you might be disappointed with this one.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the freeway, away from the pool where they sometimes have karaoke pool par...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

This place is so wonderful it blew my mind! As a well seasoned traveler its hard to impress me. This hotel exceeded any expectations I could have possibly had. Thank you Jamie, Theresa and Lydia for being so wonderful and taking such good care of us! P.S. this place will even grocery shop for you... unbelievable! :-)

• Stayed July 2014
Somerset, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stayed here for 6 weeks whilst working in the area.
The staff couldn't do enough for us and made us feel so welcome.
Rooms were clean, comfy and had all the amenities to make my long stay as comfortable as possible.
The patio/BBQ area was a personal highlight for me as somewhere to unwind after a long day at work

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business