“Excellent lunches” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 181 restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mediterranean, Spanish, Tapas
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: An Eclectic Mix of Spanish Inspired Tapas, and Southwestern Entrees.Quirky, fun atmosphere with outdoor patio dining, live music, full bar and extensive wine selections, bottled beers, as well as draft.Locals favorite for Happy Hour.Open Daily at 11 except Sunday, when we open at Noon.
Nederland, CO
“Excellent lunches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2009

I visited El Gato Azul for lunch twice recently. One day I had the special crab cake salad. The crab cakes were possibly the best I have ever eaten; they were moist, and were not laden with bread. Today, March 4th, I had the special crepe of the day. The pancakes were thin and perfect; the chicken, red bell pepper, and spinach filling were accompanied by a light and delicious cream sauce.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

74% Recommend
Galesville, MD
“Wonderful Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2009

Stopped in for tapas. Selection was fabulous. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Everything was well prepared, presented beautifully and tasty. The fried goat cheese balls are a must.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Prescott Valley
“HUGE DISSAPOINTMENT”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2008

Our experience was a huge disappointment and we felt we where robbed of the almost $90 dollars we paid (without any dessert). When we first arrived, there was no aroma that something is being cooked in the place even though the kitchen was an open room visible from the dining area. We ordered the carnitas and crab cake tapas. Carnitas where good but corn tortilla was soggy, too much liquid underneath and the tortillas were falling apart. Crab cakes were ok but we couldn't determine if they where frozen or fresh, our vote was frozen. We tried the Mojito, HUGE disappointment, I believe they call it Mango Mojito (don't know where the mango flavor was). It was nothing but watered down lemonade with 3/4 glass of ice and a few mint leaves. Believe me, I know about this drink, I am from the land of Bacardi. They were not worth the $8 each. I could not decide what to get for meal and ended up with the Chicken with macaroni and cheese and my husband ordered the famous paella. First, let me say, the macaroni and cheese was not that bad (needing a little more cheese flavor and salt) but was not worth the $17. Don't even talk about the salad, way too much dressing and too strong, I was unable to eat it. The paella sounded good on the menu but WHAT A JOKE! This was nothing less than Rice-A-Roni with hard dried pieces of chicken, overcooked frozen shrimp, and although the menu indicated mussels and sweet peas, well I guess it was some kind of magic that made them disappear before getting to our table. And who said Salmon has a place in paella? Folks, paella is an art. It has an aroma unlike any other dish. This plate had zero flavor or aroma. Possibly the frozen, overcooked, missing, or improper ingredient (Salmon) caused this. We should it known it was not going to be good when it only took 10 minutes to have it on our table from the time we ordered it. Then, suddenly the check, hum, we didn't see any dessert on the menu and there was no mention of it from the waitress. After spending $21 for Paella, we spent $8.00 more on ice cream and candies at a nearby shop to rid ourselves of the aftertaste. I was going to rate less than 1 star but the system only allowed me to choose from one or more. PS: THE SAN FERMIN FESTIVAL IS IN PAMPLONA NOT PAPLOMA!

Indiana
“Fresh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

A friend and I ate here around noon on a Saturday. Without any wait we were seated on the outside which was very comfortable. Service was timely and attentive. I had the turkey wrap which came with a side. I selected the black bean salad. My friend had hummus and a salad. We both enjoyed our meals which were tasty and fresh. The menu is ample for lunch and there's a bar too. This place has a casual, friendly and airy atmosphere. The prices are reasonable and the location is accessible to main venues downtown. The menu is full of healthy choices. We were looking for nice local eatery and we found it in this one.

Prescott, AZ
“Best in town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2008

Great food and great service. Everyone is always friendly and they serve Don Valente tequila from the bar. What more could anyone ask for.