“Patio has great atmosphere!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 185 Restaurants in Prescott
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mediterranean, Spanish, Tapas
Good for: Romantic
Description: An Eclectic Mix of Spanish Inspired Tapas, and Southwestern Entrees.Quirky, fun atmosphere with outdoor patio dining, live music, full bar and extensive wine selections, bottled beers, as well as draft.Locals favorite for Happy Hour.Open Daily at 11 except Sunday, when we open at Noon.
Tempe, Arizona, United States
“Patio has great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Our first visit. Was recommended by one of the store owners on the square. Saturday night so the place was packed. The patio area is beautiful -- by the creek. The lights in the trees create great ambiance. The food was very good and so was the service. We will go back.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Tapas, live music & variety”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

First, let go of your concept of tapas- these portions are not typical. I found each tapas I ordered enough to share with 3 people. The evening I was there, the musician provided a great backdrop to the outside area. The place is small so I recommend reservations and it closes at 9pm even on the weekends. The other downside, seating is tight so if you are looking to maintain "personal space" forget it. Food was very good as well as service. If the place is busy, expect a longer than normal wait for your food but it is worth it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Everything worked - food, service, and seating for 8”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I thought I reviewed this before but Trip Advisor says no. I think we were there about 6 months ago, so I don't remember specifically what we ate but I do recall that everything was excellent. Reservations are a must, even for outside dining. Everyone in my party of 8 loved the food and would definitely return - and this is a group of very opinionated people (including me).

Sorry I can't provide specifics, but I heartily recommend you give it a try - you'll be back for more!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Prescott, Arizona
“Tappa's Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Wonderful hidden gem on block from downtown with Chef Barry and crew serving the finest Tappa's menu I have had since visiting Barcelona, Spain. Menu has a large variety to fit everyone's taste from kids to grown-ups at a fair and reasonable price. We (2 of us) had the following: Chorizo Street Tacos: $8, Grilled Chicken $7, Bacon/Garlic with Sour Dough $7 and Goat Chees/Garlic on Flat Bread $7. We thought the portions would be small but we were very full leaving there. If there are two of you, order three items and share the bounty with a cold locally crafted Skull Valley Beer or a glass of wine. There was a one man guitar band strumming very nice music when we were there on Friday. If visiting, give this a try - I am sure that you will not be disappointed.

blbcorners, Owner at El Gato Azul, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you so much for joining us, and taking the time to write a review - I sincerely appreciate it, and am glad you enjoyed your evening.

Hopefully we'll have a chance to meet the next time you are in.

- Barry
Sun Lakes, Arizona
“A "Hidden Gem" - Be Sure Not To Miss This One!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

A very tiny interior - seats perhaps 20 - but the outdoor patio is HUGE - be sure to call for a reservation - the locals LOVE this place! An outstanding menu! They have the most extensive Tapas menu I have ever seen - be sure to try the Ceviche, Caprese, Pecan & Goat Cheese on Pita Bread, and the Lambchops!! We liked it so much we went back for dinner a second time -
there is also live jazz on the patio on Saturday/Sunday evenings!!