“Not Accommodating” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 184 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mediterranean, Spanish, Tapas
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: An Eclectic Mix of Spanish Inspired Tapas, and Southwestern Entrees.Quirky, fun atmosphere with outdoor patio dining, live music, full bar and extensive wine selections, bottled beers, as well as draft.Locals favorite for Happy Hour.Open Daily at 11 except Sunday, when we open at Noon.
Prescott, AZ
“Not Accommodating”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I really wanted to eat here, food looked yummy. I called at 4:30 wanting to eat an early dinner on their outdoor patio on this gorgeous February day and was told the patio was closed this time of year. Then I said well would you consider allowing me to sit there with my well behaved animal since it is such a nice day and there won't be other diners out there? She said no, we have music tonight and it would not be conducive to the entertainment. So which is it? The patio is closed?The patio isn't closed? The music is happening when? Or do you just hate dogs?

• Visited February 2013
blbcorners, Owner at El Gato Azul, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for wanting to dine with us.

Unfortunately, the patio is "enclosed" during the winter months as I mentioned on the phone, and we are by law, not allowed to have animals other than assistance animals indoors, regardless of how well behaved they are.

I'm sorry you misunderstood the difference between "closed" and "enclosed", but hopefully you will visit us in the warmer months with your pet on our pet friendly patio, or perhaps without your pet during the cooler season.

... we do not hate dogs. We are simply obeying the rules.

Barry L. Barbe, owner

Seattle, Washington
“fun time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We had very good food and good service. It was very fun to choose from all the 'small plates'. Sat outside in the shade and it was all just perfect. On a later visit with a larger group and at a busier time, service could not keep up with the crowd. Food was still very good. Pick an off time and you should be good.

Visited October 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Happy Hour fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

In town just for an overnight. Arrived during happy hour, $2 most tapas. Funny personal taste... didn't love the "brie nachos," but only because were were not in the mood for mild/sweet, but rather savory/strong flavor. LOVED THE ROASTED GARLIC & ... something. It's CRAZY GOOD. We also really enjoyed the chicken skewer-like one (not the sweet breaded one). But everything tastes better dipped in that roasted garlic one!

Had a nice chat with the owner, the French server, as well as a local. Friendly people with a passion for good food and drink. If we lived here, we'd come back for the live music! Great creekside location when weather is good.

Had a margarita, then another, very good mix, not too sweet, nice and fresh. Sangria for me was a bit too light; I like a good red-wine kick, deep brandy/orange liquour flavor. This one seems like an intro to Sangria. No complaints, some love it, I just like mine heartier.

I appreciate the recommendations by staff, including to arrive for happy hour rather than "dinner" hours, as it saved us quite a bit of money. THANKS!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Prescott, Az
“Paella & Jazz on a rainy night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I went to El Gato last night on a light rainy night and had Paella and listened to Rosemary Chavez and her group. As it was raining I listened until 9:00PM. Food & music were very special & my server Terri was the best!! Go for the food & enjoy the music 4 nights a week..Soup Sundays start at 11:00 AM and they have at least 6 soups available...

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“uhhhh”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

the food was rather expensive and our server....well, it seems like she did not seem very interested in serving us. 2 of us racked up a $160 bill

Visited December 2012