“Great gourmet local spot” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations
Prescott, Arizona
“Great gourmet local spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is the best restaurant in Prescott. Lacks the menu depth and noisy crowded ambiance of other places (which is a plus or minus depending on your point of view) but the food is creative and fabulous. Wine list could use a little work but still very good. Nice intimate setting inside. Outside not so much. Don't let that stop you. Their website is hilarious. They have a shot of a European stone building on the water and they are in the parking lot of a dumpy strip center. Go anyway...it's great food.

Visited January 2014

“Great Lunches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Four of us Prescott locals tried the Maison for lunch before we embarked on an evening "splurge". We all ordered a different meal and all enjoyed a great lunch, nicely presented. My Maison Burger was the best I have ever eaten, maybe because the 25% duck content gave it extra moisture and flavor, absolutely delicious and worth every penny of the $11 price. The restaurant is small (apparently restricted because of city code requirements relating to sprinkler systems) so it might be a good idea to book ahead, certainly for evening meals. All the food, down to the seasonal ice cream, is prepared on site. You gotta give this place a try.

Prescott, Arizona
“HANDS DOWN, BEST IN TOWN!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

MUST EAT HERE! this restaurant is the best in town! I have been all over and have eaten alot of great meals in my time. This is really good for Prescott Arizona. Its creative and everything meshes well on the palate from the wine to the dessert! I started with the duck confeit salad and it was exploding with flavors, sweet, savory, salty, it was most def a purely though out salad. I had the quail next, it was crispy, sweet and delicious, After that i had the braised baby octopus with squid ink pasta(who would have thought of something like that!?!?!) I dont know what they put in that sauce but it was amazing, the calamari that came with it was fried to perfection and perfectly salted! For dessert i had the chocolate torte and it came with cayenne, caramel and cinnamon extract or maybe cinnamon oil, very traditional but at the same time elegant! A very fitting dish! All in all for Prescott Az to have a restaurant like this its pretty amazing!!!!! Whatever you guys are doing keep it up, my wife and i will be back!

Phoenix, Arizona
“While ambitious, fails to execute”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

This is a difficult undertaking—serving interesting well-prepared, creative, vibrant and cutting-edge food—in Prescott. Unfortunately Restaurant Maison does not succeed. While ambitious, it fails to execute properly—from entrance to exit—and from service to finished product.

The website photo of a charming-looking stone building—gorgeous photo and gorgeous building. Unfortunately it is not this restaurant—RM is in a small unimpressive strip mall area. If you live in Prescott you would likely know that, but if out of town, one would have no clue.

It took a little while for someone to greet us as we stood waiting at the entrance; our cutlery was missing forks and later in the meal, a knife; service was very slow paced, slower than it needed to be but it just seemed the kitchen could not keep up with the orders even though at any one time there were no more than 20 to 25 patrons. It took about 2-1/4 hours—which might be just fine if we had also had wine with each course. (We had a 4-course prix fixe at $55 without wine.)

While some of my dining friends had successful courses, 3 or my 4 courses were misses. One course was cold when it should have been hot; main course protein was burned, dry and overcooked, dessert—I could not finish with way too much cayenne and cinnamon oil making it a one-flavor mouth feel of hotness, not the chocolate. The kitchen must like basil oil and balsamic, though while tasty, many of our dishes had those. (By the way, I did not ask for a replacement of the burned product, but when the server asked how I liked the dish as she was clearing plates--I showed her the leftover burned items, all she said was that she would tell the manager and walked away. No apologies.)

While the restaurant has only been open a few months and I can forgive stumbles in a new restaurant, these kinks should have been worked out by now. Perhaps the restaurant will mature, but I do not believe I would give it another chance.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Prescott
“Exceptional Creativity and Flavor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We had lunch at Restaurant Maison - and it was outstanding. The creativity that goes into each dish is exceptional. The flavors are superb and meld together perfectly. The portions are not large, but they are sufficient (this isn't your half pound burger place). We wouldn't have wanted more. I had the duck pastrami sandwich with the pome frites - YUM! How creative and innovative. Best pastrami I've had in a long time. The other luncheon choice was the Maison Burger (ground chuck and duck breast). This was served with the house salad and dressing. Again, rave reviews for it. We have special restaurants we love in Prescott - and this is now added to the list. It's nice to have a restaurant with a French flair in town. We are looking forward to having dinner there soon. We're glad that Adam, Harley and Charlie are in town. Same goes for our server, Justin!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere