“HANDS DOWN, BEST IN TOWN!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations
Prescott, Arizona
“HANDS DOWN, BEST IN TOWN!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

MUST EAT HERE! this restaurant is the best in town! I have been all over and have eaten alot of great meals in my time. This is really good for Prescott Arizona. Its creative and everything meshes well on the palate from the wine to the dessert! I started with the duck confeit salad and it was exploding with flavors, sweet, savory, salty, it was most def a purely though out salad. I had the quail next, it was crispy, sweet and delicious, After that i had the braised baby octopus with squid ink pasta(who would have thought of something like that!?!?!) I dont know what they put in that sauce but it was amazing, the calamari that came with it was fried to perfection and perfectly salted! For dessert i had the chocolate torte and it came with cayenne, caramel and cinnamon extract or maybe cinnamon oil, very traditional but at the same time elegant! A very fitting dish! All in all for Prescott Az to have a restaurant like this its pretty amazing!!!!! Whatever you guys are doing keep it up, my wife and i will be back!

Phoenix, Arizona
“While ambitious, fails to execute”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

This is a difficult undertaking—serving interesting well-prepared, creative, vibrant and cutting-edge food—in Prescott. Unfortunately Restaurant Maison does not succeed. While ambitious, it fails to execute properly—from entrance to exit—and from service to finished product.

The website photo of a charming-looking stone building—gorgeous photo and gorgeous building. Unfortunately it is not this restaurant—RM is in a small unimpressive strip mall area. If you live in Prescott you would likely know that, but if out of town, one would have no clue.

It took a little while for someone to greet us as we stood waiting at the entrance; our cutlery was missing forks and later in the meal, a knife; service was very slow paced, slower than it needed to be but it just seemed the kitchen could not keep up with the orders even though at any one time there were no more than 20 to 25 patrons. It took about 2-1/4 hours—which might be just fine if we had also had wine with each course. (We had a 4-course prix fixe at $55 without wine.)

While some of my dining friends had successful courses, 3 or my 4 courses were misses. One course was cold when it should have been hot; main course protein was burned, dry and overcooked, dessert—I could not finish with way too much cayenne and cinnamon oil making it a one-flavor mouth feel of hotness, not the chocolate. The kitchen must like basil oil and balsamic, though while tasty, many of our dishes had those. (By the way, I did not ask for a replacement of the burned product, but when the server asked how I liked the dish as she was clearing plates--I showed her the leftover burned items, all she said was that she would tell the manager and walked away. No apologies.)

While the restaurant has only been open a few months and I can forgive stumbles in a new restaurant, these kinks should have been worked out by now. Perhaps the restaurant will mature, but I do not believe I would give it another chance.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Prescott
“Exceptional Creativity and Flavor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We had lunch at Restaurant Maison - and it was outstanding. The creativity that goes into each dish is exceptional. The flavors are superb and meld together perfectly. The portions are not large, but they are sufficient (this isn't your half pound burger place). We wouldn't have wanted more. I had the duck pastrami sandwich with the pome frites - YUM! How creative and innovative. Best pastrami I've had in a long time. The other luncheon choice was the Maison Burger (ground chuck and duck breast). This was served with the house salad and dressing. Again, rave reviews for it. We have special restaurants we love in Prescott - and this is now added to the list. It's nice to have a restaurant with a French flair in town. We are looking forward to having dinner there soon. We're glad that Adam, Harley and Charlie are in town. Same goes for our server, Justin!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Prescott, Arizona
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Amazing service, cute place, and only the best food I have ever had , ever!, definitely going to return, the chefs, props to them, their food is what made my experience so wonderful, I definitely recommend this to any one that likes good food, ya you spend a tad more than some places, but it is going to be the best food you can get in Prescott area

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Nice service, good food, but NOT fast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

We had eaten at this restaurant in it's previous incarnation and found it quite disappointing. But, we were willing to give it a try and had a nice experience. The ambiance is rather odd as the room is narrow and tables quite close together.

The menu is modest and all lunch items are $9. They were out of the duck pastrami, but we had a BLT and the tart flambee. Both were quite nice. The lone waitperson did a good job with the small dining room and was obviously customer friendly. My only concern, and it's a concern, not a complaint, was that the food was slow in arriving. We weren't in a hurry, so it didn't matter, but I'd hate to go there in a rush.

They have a $55/person four course dinner menu that looks very appealing. I think we'll definitely go back for some nice occasion and try that. Remember, though, it's in a strip mall and if you go expecting a fabulous, romantic view, not so much.

• Visited December 2013