“Good food, great beer, service too RUSHED!” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Arizona
“Good food, great beer, service too RUSHED!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

This is always our dinner stop in Prescott, love trying the different beers on tap and the menu offers some great options, never disappointed with the food there. Service is always welcoming, even when the place is packed (often). This last time though i noticed a disturbing trend in restaurants occur here.

My husband was done with his dinner (he eats much faster than i do) and had put his fork down and i was barely half way through my entree, when the server comes up and says "anything else?" and since i had food in my mouth, she looked at my husband who was really surprised, he looked at me and i just shook my head and she put the bill down on the table and rushed off...this is not her fault, this is a management thing and not at all pleasant. Thankfully, since this has happened before in other restaurants, my husband just left it there until i had finished my meal, even though she came back to see if we had paid yet. When time permitted, we have questioned this practice before in other places to the manager and also asked the server if she could wait on dessert or coffee or an after dinner drink until AFTER DINNER! But it seems to me that this should not be really necessary...i remember when after dinner "extras" were pushed by servers, but i guess the new trend is just to turn tables asap no matter if you are done eating or not!

We will be back, we love the place, but will be more alert and inform the server when we are ordering if we might want some dessert or coffee or something after the entree.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Phoenix, Arizona
“GREAT service, made the luncheon pleasant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

The waitress, Jennifer, had wonderful customer satisfaction, beyond customer service. She was pleasant, timely, paced herself by checking on us though not over kill. The food was more than ample for a middle of the day meal, meaning there was a lot. Price was adequate for the amount. The food could have been less salt can always add; however, sitting on the patio area, it was bright and not as noisy as the bar areas, and again, Jennifer made it all very comfortable!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Yuma, Arizona
“Don't miss out on a treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

Attention to detail is a plus factor at PBC . . . from your first greeting, to personalized service, great food, taste tantalizing brews, good value for your money . . . it's a memorable treat!

We were on a short getaway from Yuma, AZ and a friend from Texas recommended we stop and visit the Prescott Brewing Company . . . we're glad we did . . . so much so that we came back the second day of our trip.

The menu covers all appetites . . . I recommend the Shepherd's Pie . . . my wife, the Tilapia . . . we both tried different brews from the microbrewery . . . thumbs up, all the way!

Chuck & Ida LeDrew

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“Hey it's a brewpub! If you want haute cuisine go to the French Laundry in Napa.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

My wife and I had dinner there tonight. I got exactly what I expected from a brewpub. The food was tasty, the location was great, the service was good and the portions were generous. In fact, the portions were so generous that my wife and I split the fish/Shrimp and chips. She had a Bloody Mary that was well presented and that she pronounced excellent and I had a Margurita which was very good. Both drinks were generously sized. The best part was that we were both adequatly fed and the tab was about $20.00! NICT and I always tip at least 20%
Hell, I paid almost that much to feed us at in n out a few days ago and that food really was crap.

O.K. as brewpubs go, it was'nt Gorden Beirsh but PBC certainly stacked up well against every other brewpub I've frequented.

If you are in Prescott, looking for this sort of dining, I can only say that in terms of value for the money, we were both quite delighted. Oh yeah, you really can't beat the location for atmosphere either. In fact, when you figure what rents must cost for that prime location, I'd say we got a hell of a deal.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sedona, Arizona
“Terrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

This is the second time we've visited this restaurant for lunch. The first experience was pretty good overall. The last one was terrible. We were seated immediately and given menus and our drinks very efficiently. Then the waitress disappeared for over 20 minutes. We noticed no one at adjacent tables that were seated before us had been served (in fact we thought they were done eating). Then the waitress reappeared and we politely asked what was taking so long. She apologized and said our ticket was being processed so notmuch longer. After a total of over 45 minutes no food, no waitress. People ordering before us: no food. We left after explaining to the head person why we were leaving.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere