“Supremely Average.....” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Tempe, Arizona
“Supremely Average.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Hubby and I are anti-chain restaurants...on our countless visits to Prescott we have always walked by the Gurley St. Grill, but never stopped. During our most recent visit we decided to bite the bullet and mosey in for some grub. I was surprised for the amount of people in town the restaurant was nearly empty. Kids ordered standard kid menu items, though my daughter supremely enjoyed their caesar salad (she said the chicken rice soup was too salty). Garlic bread? Awful--dry, tasteless...Pizza Hut has better garlic bread. My salad was wonderful (Fruit and Nut salad with Mango/Raspberry Vinaigrette) and the Oak Creek Brewing Company's Prescott Red was a refreshing addition to my meal. Hubby had chicken fried steak and he said it was perfect--the peppered gravy was awesome on the red skinned smashed potatoes. Have I had better? Yes. Have I had worse? DEFINITELY! On the fence about this one. I've had better meals in Prescott, but this will do in a pinch.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Tucson, Arizona
“Fantastic service and quality for group of 18”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Kelly and Staff @ GSG, We had a fantastic experience Saturday! All 18 at our table loved their dinners. The orders were brought out in a timely manner at the perfect temperature. Nothing was sent back. The waitstaff were attentive, yet unobtrusive. This is our "go to" restaurant for group dining.

Thank you for being consistently accommodating.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great for what it is - fun atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We were passing through and wanted something to eat in the middle of an unexpectedly long drive. The place has a fun frontier vibe, a great selection of beers on tap and wonderful service...what more could I want after my hiney went flat from sitting in the car? We all had sandwiches and burgers and they were fabulous! The sides were terrific - and the beer was cold and wet. I would not, as some have complained about, order pasta at a "grill"...sounds like it may have become a bit spotty on the higher-end items. I think you could depend on the "grill" items - meat and chicken and burgers and sandwiches. Oh, yeah - and KILLER onion rings. It gave us the strength to finish the drive to PHX.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“First time probably the last”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

When a friend from Georgia heard I was going to be in Prescott, Arizona on business he raved about and strongly recommended the Gurley Street Grill.

My dinner guest - a Prescott native - seemed a little surprised when I told him our mutual friend had suggested the Gurley Street Grill but said it would be fine. He was correct - it was okay, but certainly nothing exceptional.

He had the Cajun Chicken Pasta and said it was good. I had the Fettuccini Alferdo and was disappointed. It was poorly cooked, clumpy and the sauce was uneven, dry and uninspired.

The beers were cold and reasonably priced - $3 for a Michelob Ultra.

The atmosphere is not bad and the decor is in keeping with Prescott's old town center. The service was fine, but not memorable.

The dinner for two, with 6 beers and tip, was $57. A pretty good value but only an average meal. If there is a next time, I'll stick with the bar food and hope for a better experience.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Prescott, Arizona
“Not What It Used To Be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We hadn't been here in a while, but we've always loved it. My husband and I went last weekend, found that the menu had been dramatically reduced - not a lot of options, none of our old favorites, and only 2 dessert choices - neither good ones. Service was good - and that was where the good stopped. The breadsticks that used to be so good? Now they're similar to cheap store-bought rolls with garlic butter on them, and were dry to boot. Not good. My husband ordered beef stroganoff - which turned out to be beef and noodles with a dollop of sour cream on the top - and literally no flavor. I ordered rotisserie chicken pot pie. It was a bowl of pot pie filling with a bread-like crust on top. Both had good flavor - but there were only TWO (small) bite-sized pieces of chicken in the WHOLE thing! The bill ended up being around $20/person - which for what we got was WAY over-priced. We won't be going back. Very disappointing!

• Visited March 2013