“A gem!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Tucson, Arizona
“A gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Perfect location. Spotless rooms. Fun themed rooms. The staff is wonderful and the service is fabulous.
I am making another reservation tonight before I leave.
My only issue is that all rooms including reception are on the second floor. No elevator.

Room Tip: Rooms in front may be a bit noisier because they face Whiskey Row.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

The Grand Highland Hotel is perfectly located right in downtown, facing the courthouse. The rooms are beautifully decorated, clean, and comfortable. The claw foot tub was a wonderful feature and the bed was very comfortable. Service was always provided with a smile. I was also very impressed with the continental breakfast - bagels, pastries, greek yogurt and small Naked juice smoothies. Cookies were available when we checked in. We had bikes with us and they accommodated them without any problems. I wish to be back soon!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Mansfield, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Spent a wonderful Saturday night at the Grand Highland Hotel. Chose the Speakeasy Room which looks out over Whiskey Row toward the town square. I thought the themed rooms were a great concept. Could have stayed in the shower for hours. I thought the noise from Whiskey Row might be an issue, but the bed was so comfy, I slept like a baby. I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: If you are noise sensitive choose a room away from the front!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Nevis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I agree with the others that the rooms are small but the amenities are so gracious! I loved the little touches in this quaint hotel - ductless HVAC, ceiling fans, organic soaps and fresh baked cookies. I had a quite room in the middle (208) and though earplugs were provided, I did not need them. The refurbishment was done with an incredible care for the environment - and for their guest's comfort. I will definitely stay again if I get the chance.

Room Tip: The queen room would be very tight for me and my messy husband but it was perfect for me!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

The rooms are decorated with modern charm. Most are cozy but comfortable with a great use of space. Hotel is perfectly located in the middle of it all, but feels like a quaint sanctuary. It's family-run. The staff is extremely friendly. When we return to Prescott, this is where we will be staying again.

Room Tip: Ask about the different noise levels of the rooms; some are quiet, others are right above the action...
Green Features: They are eco-conscious. Their bathroom products are eco-friendly and they offer eco housekeeping options. Ceiling fans in every room in addition to AC, for efficiency.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Lake Havasu City, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Love to stay at unique places and while visiting Prescott we chose the Grand Highland. Remodeled after a fire in the building next door the rooms are small but comfy. Cool old school decor in every room (they leave un-ocupied rooms open so you can peek in!). Saw previous warnings about noise from Whiskey Row late at night but chose front room overlooking the courthouse anyway.. It was a bit to noisey as bars closed and we decided to ask for a center room for the next night. The staff went out of thier way to make us happy... I have never encountered such a friendly staff in all our travels... From answering questions about local restaurants to tourist info all were very helpfull.. With a chance to stay on historic Whiskey Row and be able to walk to anything we needed, we will choose this place again!!

Room Tip: Rooms in the middle of the hall are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Goodyear, Arizona, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Hidden Above The Very Exciting Whiskey Row Is A Wonderful Hidden Hotel Called The Grand Highland...We Only Had A One Night Stay To See A Local Band Out Of Phoenix...But The Service Was Great!!! Between The Online Purchase To The Email Confirmation...WE even got into town 3 Hours Before Check-in...Stopped By To See The Place & Got A Full Tour Of The Building...Plus A Little History About It ...We Actually Got A Room Right Above Whiskey Row Nice Bay Window Updated Bathroom, Great View, And To Our Surprise Even Leaving The Window Open At The End Of The Night Noise Was Not A Factor...The Room Was Handicap Accessible Did Not Realize This When Renting Room It Took The Oversized Doors & The Handicap Rails In The Bathroom To Realize It!!! Over All Great Establishment... Wish We Could Have Stayed Longer, But I figure This Gives Us A Reason To Go Back...I Forgot To Mention It But We Got Our Room Early Too...They Called Us About An Hour After We Got There & Let Us Have Our Room Early...Thx Again To The Staff & The WONDERFUL Service

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Grand Highland Hotel? Share your experiences!