“Charming” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Arizona
“Charming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

This boutique hotel is perfect for a stay in Prescott. The charm, location, and service can't be beat.

-Tastefully decorated theme rooms
-Ideal location right on whiskey row
-Fantastic personal service
-Squeaky clean rooms
-Essential items are quality & packaged thoughtfully
-Thoughtful afternoon happy hour with fresh lemonade, a variety of beer & wines. Plus yummy cookies.
-Continental breakfast was substantial and included large fresh fruit cups, bananas, apples, yogurt, large variety of small pastries, bagels, croissants, and fresh toppings such as jam & cream cheese. Also variety of k cups for coffee/tea/hit cocoa and quality branded juices. Very nice!
-Rooms are tiny & another patron mentioned lack of sleep in a front room of hotel due to noise on the street. No issue for us, just an FYI
-Will return & recommend to anyone looking for quality.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

This beautifully redone Historic Hotel is amazing! We stayed in the Rough Riders suite, lovely room with a large claw iron tub! The rooms are extra clean, super comfortable, nd quiet! We enjoyed our stay, and even met the owner who is a very nice young man. We did partake of the free breakfast, consisting of some lovely fresh fruit cups, nd various baked goods, juice nd coffee. The price of the room was around 85$ on a Sunday, nd worth every penny. After staying here, we will never stay anywhere else when visiting Prescott. Just a heads up, this amazing Hotel only has 12 rooms, so book well in advance, u will not regret it!

• Stayed September 2013
Aberdeen Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed here one night and just found the hotel by looking in at the tourism office and we were very glad we did. We were greeted very warmly and given a choice of rooms so we chose one at the front overlooking Whiskey Row and although a little busy not too noisy. The room was lovely with a few nice touches and a very comfortable bed. We were offered complimentary drinks which is always nice along with soft drinks and cookies. After a good nights sleep the breakfast was enjoyable and we decided to take our's back to the room and enjoy it. Parking was right at the back of the hotel and easy to get a space. The friendliness of the staff are which makes this nice wee place outstanding and although I don't think we'll ever be travelling through Prescott again if you find yourself in town try this hotel.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

The staff was extremely friendly and the room was super well decorated and perfect for our stay in down town Prescott, Az. I would recommend this to any couple that wants to have a romantic and cozy atmosphere!!

• Stayed September 2013
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

By far this boutique hotel was such a great experience! My husband, daughter and I stayed here this past weekend for labor Day. We liked it so much that we ended up staying another night! This will be our place to stay evertyime we go to Prescott! So cute and unique! The staff was so nice and freindlly. The rooms are decorated so nice, all of us enjoyed the antique clawed bathtub, so relaxing. The bed was absolutly amazing!!! Upgraded sheets and pillows, the whole nine yards! The continental breakfast was definalty above average. Great coffee, crossants, bagels, cream cheese, all kinds of berrys, Naked juice, apple juice, orange juice, scoons, cinnamon rolls, powdered dounuts....book here-you will not regret it! Thank you Ray for being so nice, freindly and professional!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Rodeo Room-King bed :@)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Ross-on-Wye, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had a couple of nights here in August and really enjoyed it. The hotel story is interesting in itself. It's located just across from the park - so when you're tired of exploring you have somewhere shady to sit down and recover! Staff were really friendly and helpful. We had a room at the front, right above the street, so there were some revellers adding to the atmosphere later in the evening - but hey, this is Whiskey Row!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Surprise, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

You've already read how lovely this renovated hotel is and how the location is perfect to explore Whiskey Row and all the activity at the Courthouse. I want to keep it a secret because all the staff made me feel like they had just become my new Prescott family.
If I were any good remembering names I would give specific kudos, alas I am not. Happily in this case it did not matter. There wasn't a single staff member that I wouldn't happily chat with over dinner. I truly felt welcomed and a part of their family for my stay.
The room, linens, bed, fit and furnishings were top of the line. The Eco Friendly shampoos, conditioners, soap etc came in small but beautiful packaging. AND there is a lighted magnifying mirror in the bathroom!
Bottled water is provided in your room and a nice perk to tuck in your bag before exploring Prescott in the morning. The room had a small coffee maker but use the Keurig in the hall. Light breakfast available in the morning and wine/beer in the afternoon when you stop back in to tidy up before dinner.
Allow me to share how I know this staff cares for you. When I checked in I asked for some ice and ice was happily in my ice bucket by the time I came back with my bag. Sadly the next morning it was just cold water but I put a couple of drinks in thinking I would ask for ice when I returned. Silly me, I returned to a perfectly made up room and someone had taken the time to add just the perfect amount of ice to my ice bucket and my drinks. Has that level of service happened to you before? Not me. A plumped pillow, robe on a bed whatever. Someone looked in my ice bucket and took the time to only put in the necessary amount to chill my drinks and took the rest away!
Two things might bother you:
Stairs - no elevator. I should have used the roller bag suitcase instead of the duffle bag. The back stairs from the parking garage are VERY narrow. I had plenty of offers from the staff to carry my bag and I should have. Silly me.
I had the Speak Easy room at the front of the hotel and I loved it but it is bit noisy. If you need perfect silence to sleep, get another room. I loved watching the activity at night and the vendors setting up at the Courthouse.
I will definitely return if this secret isn't out of the bag by then.

Room Tip: If you like to people watch and some noise doesn't bother you, get one of the rooms at the front...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Grand Highland Hotel? Share your experiences!