“Nothing to write home about.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Mesa, Arizona
“Nothing to write home about.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We had the Brushetta, which was ok. Would have like other options besides the tomato and basil. Entree was the Veal Marsalla. The sauce was too thin and it was bland. The best part were the mushrooms. Our waitress forgot to put the order in for the entree and gave us a piece of tiramisu on the house. It was tasteless. I think we will pass on this place when we return to Prescott.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

Ahwatukee, Arizona, United States
“Wonderful Dinner on a cold Prescott night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Walking down Gurley Street in Prescott, Arizona, on a chilly November evening, we could smell pizza in the ovens a block before we arrived at Rosa’s Pizzeria and Fine Italian Food Restaurant. As such, I knew exactly what I would be ordering that night.

As we entered the restaurant we were hit with an explosion of color, activity, great food smells and the buzz of a packed restaurant on a Friday night. The very competent hostess stand did not frown at our request for a table for ten and assured us that they would get us seated within 20 minutes. To me that seemed like a major undertaking considering how packed the place was, but we were seated exactly 20 minutes later.

Our server quickly took our refreshment orders and I was impressed that in a pizza restaurant that I could receive an excellent, shaken 15 times, dry gin martini. I had assumed that this would be a beer night, but no need as they also had an excellent wine list. The owners of this restaurant do things right!

The menu was impressive. They had a couple of my favorite Italian dishes, including Veal di Piccata and Linguine in White Wine Sauce with Claims (Vongole). Still, I had to try the pizza and it was wonderful. I also enjoyed a well-prepared Caesar salad. It was their small option and I like their interpretation of “small”. Actually I was the only one in our group of ten to order pizza. Everyone else had a pasta dish while my wife had Orange Roughy. When I asked her how her fish was, she simply said……incredible.

This is a restaurant that I look forward to returning. Our server was very impressive. She managed a table of 10 with efficiency, speed and grace. Refreshments, appetizers and entrees were all delivered quickly and correctly. She checked back on our table frequently and always with a smile. Impressive!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sedona, Arizona
“You might be in New York”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Great pizza, and pasta. What could be better than to eat great food in a relaxed but active restaurant; where the owner works the floor and has all the charms that you would expect from a character from New York.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cape Cod Mass
“Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Great place to get a an old fashion New York meal. Rosa will greet you at the door and make you feel at home. The food is a great value and the service is wonderful. If you are missing a good Italian meal from the east then this is the place to go.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Prescott, Arizona
“"The Place" for Pizza in Prescott”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

When you want pizza, why not the best? If you don't want pizza, well, Rosa's is obviously billed as a pizzeria that implies a limited menu which is not the case at all! Many entrees for main dishes and salads are also tempting. This is full-service casual restaurant with great service and authentic atmosphere.