“Nicest in Prescott area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Point of Rocks Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Prescott
Point of Rocks Campground
Save Saved
You added Point of Rocks Campground to your Saves list
3025 N. Highway 89, Prescott, AZ 86301   |
SCOTTSDALE
“Nicest in Prescott area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Interesting rock formations to climb in great Prescott location. Only 5 or so lots with 50 amps and dusty when rigs drive by, but has very nice restrooms/showers near lot 81. Very nice in 2 visits. Owner and son, I think, were very pleasant and professional.

• Stayed October 2012

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Warner Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We have stayed here several times and will probably go back. We are retired, on the road for several months at a time, and drive a 30' Class A motorhome. Our priorities are: large, spacious sites, trees or other barriers for privacy, and natural beauty for the surroundings. Point of Rocks has all three. There are even some nice view sites, although we like to back up to those beautiful rocky cliffs. Even though the park is almost full, there is no feeling of crowding. Quail run like chickens through the campground and squirrels play in the trees (scrub oaks, small pines, juniper, desert willow.) There are hiking trails in and near the park. The restrooms, showers, and laundry are adequate and spotlessly clean. The office staff have been particularly nice and helpful. Although the campground wi-fi is only available near the office, the Verizon signal is strong and our Verizon mi-fi works just fine. TV reception by antenna (from Phoenix, I think) is excellent, although channels are limited. the camp sites on the upper level are, I think, the nicer ones. We recommend this to our friends who are coming this way!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I called the place on June 13, 2012 to make a reservation for the 21st through the 24th. A male answered. I explained my equipment and needs; van conversion, 10x14 screen house, fairly close to the restrooms and showers due to my wife's knee injury, and as much shade as possible. He seemed interested in helping and, after several minutes, said I was all set. I gave him my credit card information and rang off feeling pretty good about the experience.

I checked in around 1:30 on June 21. A female asked if the hi-lo in the driveway was mine. I pointed to the van. She said that it was against policy to have people in their RV Park (it's a campground by name) sleep in their car. What? Oh, she continued, the owner took the reservation so, “I guess it's alright.” I was amazed at her lack of customer service abilities and her condescending attitude. I question her about just exactly the problem is and she went back to the sleeping in the car stupidity.

The site was pleasant but you should know that there are zero ammenities; no wi-fi at the site, no cable TV, and you have to dig into wads of fiberglass insulation infested with all kinds of bugs to get at the water spigot. Frankly, this is not an RV park. Simply by restricting tents, the only restriction on their web site and on-site written policies, doesn't turn this sow's ear into a silk purse.

Sunday morning there was no toilet paper in the men's restroom and I had to use the last, really, couple of paper hand towels. Anybody after me was SOL.

I met the guy who took the reservation when we checked out. I commented on the rude behavior of the female. He did not offer an apology but went into some diatribe about no being clear about policies and went way off track when he started talking about tents. Turns out he is the son of the owners. Odd that policies would be so challenging. I told him that I would have followed any of their policies had I known them in advance and reminded him that he was the one who took the reservation. He just started repeating himself. I told him that I wanted an apology for the way I was treated and, at this point, I resented the food I had supplied for his and her tables. He seemed not to hear as he droned on about unclear policies.

We left and will never return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Point of Rocks Campground? Share your experiences!