“Great Restaurant with great food and atmosphere!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great Restaurant with great food and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My chicken marsala was wonderful and my guest had a pasta dish that was cooked to perfection (al dente). Good authentic Italian food is hard to come by with so many wanna be's but this restaurant beats them all . I have recommend this restaurant to many and have never heard any negative feedback. Even the meatballs are tasty. Try it.. You'll love it!

Prescott, Arizona
“Best Italian In Prescott”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

All around best Italian in Prescott. Best decor. Best wait staff. Best food. Best prices when you get the Early Bird dinners before 5pm. House wines by the carafe. We've tried the others but this is the best.

Prescott, Arizona
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Our meal was delicious and the staff was friendly and helpful. They were extremely busy but took time to chat with us and take pictures of me and my date. The homemade salad dressings are delicious! Had a great time in a friendly atmosphere. Highly recommend this restaurant. We will definitely go back soon!

Punta del Este, Uruguay
“Great hometown restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Being a half-block off the main square, i expected it to be touristy and so-so.

But the food was super, in the traditional southern-Italian style. They have an exensive menu with fresh ingredients.

Service was great, and we've been back at least 8 times.

Visited December 2012
Arizona
“Still great food, but they need a better salad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

My review of Genovese’s three years ago was the first on this site, and I’m happy to report that they’re still just as good. We went recently after almost a year, and I wasn’t sure what to expect since I’d heard there had been a change in ownership (as reflected in some menu tweaking and promotional punch-cards). The prices may have edged up a bit, but my wife swore that the portions were larger. The food was as wonderful as we’d come to expect and the service attentive (granted, it was a slow night). The only downside was that the house salad is still meh: a plate of lettuce pieces with a bit of onion and shredded carrot, maybe a garbanzo or two. This is a shame considering the quality of the food otherwise, you’d think it wouldn’t hurt their bottom line to pay a little more attention to it. And halfway through our shared tiramisu, I realized they’d forgotten to top it with whipped cream, but it was so delish that it’s no wonder we almost didn’t notice.

• Visited November 2012