“Expected to see Dean Martin come around the corner any minute...” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 184 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
St. George's, Grenada
“Expected to see Dean Martin come around the corner any minute...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This restaurant lives up to the reviews we read beforehand - excellent service, welcoming and charming atmosphere, and great food. Our waitress, Dove, and the rest of the support staff were very attentive and courteous. The ambiance, the exquisite aromas of the wonderfully prepared food made this a memorable evening and we will definitely be going back. We ordered the calamari appetizer, a sausage pizza (which we were able to get with an extra thin crust), the zucchini roma, and the incredibly delectable 3-three cheese tortellini. We finished off with the decidedly decadent chocolate cassata cake. Six enthusiastic thumbs up!

Chandler, AZ
“Average Food, Poor Service, Nice Managament”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

After seeing all the raving reviews I have to say "Sorry, it's not that good". It's not BAD but I have had much better elsewhere. The ministrone soup that everyone raves about, I did not even finish it. I wanted to send it back, but no bothered to check on us after the food was brought. It also would have been nice to be seated with the proper silverware and not have to wait to flag someone down to get it. People at other tables were getting up and walking to the service station and sorting thru the glasses with the silverware sticking out of them to hand the untensils out at their table. I chose to wait but I kind of felt squeamish that any one can rustle around in the eating utensils. My chicken dish arrived and it was mushy and pasty. I sent that back too. I virtually never send food back in a restaurant but that was 2 of 2 dishes I found unpallatable. My wife had a salad to start and a chicken florentine dish and she said it was fine, nothing wonderful but it was good. So 50/50 on our meals. We got one drink a piece, lemonade and iced tea and no one ever came by to refil lthem even after we also drank the one glass of water we got each. Our server offered us a refill when she brought the check which we declined. The manager (maybe the owner) was very nice and comped my meal (I did not eat any of it) they tried to make it right and I was offered other things but I decided not to try for 0 and 3. Based on the meal and the service we would not return. I might have given it another shot being my wife liked her meal but based on the poor service we decided to cross it off the list. We ate in 4 different restaurants over the weekend and this was way at the bottom.You might have better luck but unfortunatley I cannot recommend it. To be fair, the prices were reasonable and the decor is well done, the restaurant was clean and the managment was very friendly even when dealing with a problem.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
PAPA14, Owner at Papa's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Hello there,

After reading your review I remember you and your wife and I will be bold in asking that you give us another try. Your genuine feed back tells me that you are a fair person and still would return.. but the lack of service to your table has steered you away. We pride ourselves on giving the best service to our customers and I agree that what you experienced was not acceptable.
I feel that with the proper awareness from your server, your dining experience could have been turned around. The bottom line is that we did not give you our best. I give you my word that this is not a true representation of the Papa's team and I have addressed your review with my family and staff.
On a positive note I'm glad that you found the decor well done and that your wife liked her meal!
Our menu has lots of options for all palates and I'm confident that if given the opportunity to cook for you again...you will leave full and happy!

Thank you for your feedback.

Andrea at Papa's
Denver, Colorado
“Why do birds suddenly appear when you go to Papa's?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I'll tell you why: they long to be close to the owner, Mama and her staff! ( a reference to the song by the Carpenter's CLOSE TO YOU!)
I put myself through 8 years of college by "waitressing" ( sorry that used to be what we called it!) in many states and in many restaurants. I worked in fine dining to causal. I learned the "science and the art" of good service. I also learned a lot about management and I learned the "art and the science" of relationality.
And never, once, have I experienced the following in one restaurant: ambiance, great food, great drinks, AAA -service from every staff member from the owner, chef, servers, welcoming person, bar-tend, wait staff assistants and more; never have I experienced this until last night at Papa's in Prescott.
It truly was the best meal I have ever had in a restaurant and the owner/chef, Mama blessed us by her presence as did Jamie the server and everyone else in the restaurant. From the moment we walked in until the moment we left, we felt blessed. Mama seems to be the Divine Mother incarnate. I told my husband that Papa's is the only restaurant I ever want to go to again. OH,and the prices are amazing. Go now, Go often and be blessed.
oh., and they also have great vegetarian options as well. When you ask what they have for vegetarians, they don't groan and look at you like you are weird. Instead, they describe mouth watering meatless dishes that would make even a hard for meat-eater salivate.

Tempe, Arizona
“GREAT SERVICE AND DELICIOUS FOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

This was our second visit to Papa's in a year. We had Whispering Pines Bed and Breakfast make our reservations. When we arrived we treated like royalty and given a delightful table near just before the bar area. Our reservations were for 8PM on a Saturday.

The bartender was our server, however everyone helped each other and made you feel very welcome. Mama brought us a delightful bowl of homemade soup. Each entree comes with a salad which is delicious. My husband had the mussels with spicy marina sauce which was a delicious. There were at least 15 mussels and they were quite tasty. I had one of the specials with chicken and spinach served with linguine and a garlic olive oil sauce. It was delicious.

We had a delightful Raymond wine which was reasonably priced. Our entrees were very reasonable at $14.95 and so delicious.

It is just a delightful place with great people, service and food.

• Visited June 2014
Gilbert, Arizona
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We chose this restaurant based on other trip advisor reviews and are happy we did. Great food and great service at a very reasonable price.

Visited June 2014