“Not impressed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 22 hotels in Prescott
Tucson, Arizona
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

In comparison to the Econo Lodge we stayed at in Silver city this one has a lot to learn. The previous occupant left a pair of underwear on the floor in the closet that housekeeping overlooked as well as an empty cup on the floor by the night stand. No coffee pot in the room. One towel for each guest. The pool was empty and if you call coffee and Danish break feast. Well it is what it is and we will not stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Sheldon street lodge is a nice place to stay. It provides a travel with the crucial amenities for budget accommodations; clean, well-appointed rooms, helpful staff, proximity to Prescott attractions. We have stayed here three times in the past year and have not been disappointed.

Room Tip: There is no fitness center or restraint on premises.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
cph
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The econo lodge has new owners. They have a lot of stuff underway in regard to modernizing the facilities. They are really friendly and helpful. Just beware that the advertized continental breakfast is less than a basic continental breakfast: Something like Tang drink, coffee, toast and butter not even a packet of jam. I would suggest the owners put out the jam and some other real juices as a minimum. We changed room from other motel without breakfast, paid quite a bit more and still had to go out for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
tucson
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Hotel staff very nice-but I made the huge mistake of booking on a website's secret hotel deal- ended up with a smoking room and got an instant headache.
Place looks terrible from the street but isn't as bad as it looks.
Would probably have been OK in a nonsmoking room.
The main point of this review is to warn people not to book "secret hotel" (on a popular travel website) unless they don't mind a smoking room

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Mesa, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We wanted to go to Prescott on a busy weekend and found most hotels were booked up. The only rooms left were the really expensive ones and the cheapies. So we called and got a reservation here and even though it was cheaper than the other places it still ended up being around $100 (after taxes) for the night. Way too expensive for this place, but we didn't have a lot of choices.

The room was clean and it had been updated with nice-looking furnishings. There was a microwave and a mini fridge which we found very convenient. However I found it strange that there was no alarm clock. There also was no hair dryer or coffee maker. Our hand towels were damp which was a little disconcerting. I hoped that they just took them out of the dryer a little sooner than they should have.

The grounds were not in the best shape and the roof looked horrible, but they were in the process of getting a new roof put on. They also seemed to be working on the parking lot and the pool. Hopefully, they will continue with the updates because the place is in a wonderfully convenient part of town. Just about a mile from the courthouse park and whiskey row. It's also right next doort to CircleK, which was great.

They were supposed to have a continental breakfast in the morning but the office was locked when we went down so we ended up getting dougnuts and coffee at the CircleK.

I have to say that the manager who checked us in was a super friendly, helpful man. We really liked him.

Overall, I would stay there again in a pinch, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Prescott, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I'm a local but stayed here when I was house hunting last year. I found it dirty and smelly. Now since I moved to Prescott, I find myself driing by this location almost daily and am ashhamed that I have such an eyesore in my hometown. Someone drove into the canopy at the entrance and it had to be taken down. There was residual damage to the roof and now almost 8 months later, it has not been repaired. The roof over the complex is in dire need of repair as it is very weather worn. I just wonder how much damage has been done to the inside of units. When I stayed there, the room was dirty and smelled. I only stayed there one night before I moved to another motel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband got a great deal on our own travel booking site. When we arrived, he said, "Well, they had a REALLY good photographer..." So it's basically a Motel 6 but remodeled. They have tried to make it nicer - painted color in the rooms, better furniture than surely what was original, modern light and sink fixtures. It has a small fridge and microwave, I think that's awesome. It's BASIC. But I guess we paid about half of what others have, so we were super pleased.

Man at front desk (owner?) was VERY kind, really wanted to be accommodating, hard worker.

I'd say it's less than a mile from "Whiskey Row" - very close to Community Arts Center where we saw a show.

We walked to the Circle K next door, great store clerk recommended for us somewhat healthy snacks, thanks!

Shower was good, water hot, towels, fine, cable TV worked fine, fridge kept our stuff cold, blackout curtains kept it dark. 2 suitcase racks in the room - more than 4 and 5 stars we have stayed at :-)

Set your standards at 2-star and no more, book on a site that pulls good prices, and you will be happy.

Room Tip: Whole place seems to be off street except maybe a room or two at the street end? Seems most would be...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge Prescott? Share your experiences!