“Wouldnt let my friends/relatives stay here !!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Prescott, Arizona
“Wouldnt let my friends/relatives stay here !!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I'm a local but stayed here when I was house hunting last year. I found it dirty and smelly. Now since I moved to Prescott, I find myself driing by this location almost daily and am ashhamed that I have such an eyesore in my hometown. Someone drove into the canopy at the entrance and it had to be taken down. There was residual damage to the roof and now almost 8 months later, it has not been repaired. The roof over the complex is in dire need of repair as it is very weather worn. I just wonder how much damage has been done to the inside of units. When I stayed there, the room was dirty and smelled. I only stayed there one night before I moved to another motel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband got a great deal on our own travel booking site. When we arrived, he said, "Well, they had a REALLY good photographer..." So it's basically a Motel 6 but remodeled. They have tried to make it nicer - painted color in the rooms, better furniture than surely what was original, modern light and sink fixtures. It has a small fridge and microwave, I think that's awesome. It's BASIC. But I guess we paid about half of what others have, so we were super pleased.

Man at front desk (owner?) was VERY kind, really wanted to be accommodating, hard worker.

I'd say it's less than a mile from "Whiskey Row" - very close to Community Arts Center where we saw a show.

We walked to the Circle K next door, great store clerk recommended for us somewhat healthy snacks, thanks!

Shower was good, water hot, towels, fine, cable TV worked fine, fridge kept our stuff cold, blackout curtains kept it dark. 2 suitcase racks in the room - more than 4 and 5 stars we have stayed at :-)

Set your standards at 2-star and no more, book on a site that pulls good prices, and you will be happy.

Room Tip: Whole place seems to be off street except maybe a room or two at the street end? Seems most would be...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

There were hairs on the bed sheets and in the bathtub, which had a distinct "ring" around it -- really gross.

Dirty grounds, stairways, and room.

No hair dryer or coffee maker in the room. Told by the front desk person upon check in that coffee and rolls would be available in the office at 7:00 am. At 7:25 am there were neither. (I must say, however, that the young lady that was working the night shift was extremely nice and accommodating)

The next morning I politely told the manager/owner(?) about the hair issues, and that it appeared the bed had not been changed. His answer was, "I'm sorry" -- nothing more.

So, just as an FYI -- this place is a dive and basic hygiene and care for the comfort of guests is noticeably absent. I go to Prescott often and would NEVER stay at the Econo Lodge again.

Room Tip: Best advice is to look elsewhere.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

First off our beds had hair and food on the top bed sheet. The floor had alot of small debris were the vacuum cant reach.. along the wall ect. At 85$ it was over priced.. the breakfast was just coffee n toast. Not much of a hotel.looks very old.. i dont think it will be around too much longer

• Stayed September 2012
Kennebunkport, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

prescott is a very nice city, and the downtown area is just amazing. this hotel is just down the street maybe 5 minutes from downtown.

the room was basic but had everything we needed. included free internet, had a fridge, and extended cable.

Breakfast wasn't a lot but the danish's were very good and Orange Juice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
kingman
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

this hotel was a big disappointment. it is old and rundown. old carpet was rolled up on the sidewalk between rooms dwnstairs, bathroom vanity was dark,one bulb burned out. We paidfor kitchenette. We did have electric two burner top and a bar sink.--very small and in a very dark area of the room,not light available in this area. My biggest complaint, the pictures on internet are very deceiving. The swimming pool is being repaired and has been that way for a LONG time. I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone. Thank goodness we stayed only one night. Cont. breakfast was next to nothing,toast or pastry,orange drink(Tang),coffee. Towels looked ok when first arrived but once wet, they were so stained, needed bleach or new towels. very disappointed. we have stayed in several Econo Lodges--this was the worse.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Gallup, NM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

I was recently diverted to Prescott, AZ after I-40 was closed due to bad weather. My fiance', who wasn't with me, made me a reservation quick so I'd have a place to stay for the night. Check-in was quick, even though their computers were down because of the storm, and they honored the online price my fiance' had gotten. The room was decent. It was clean and the king room had a little table with 2 chairs. I had to ask for a hair dryer, but it was quickly delivered to my room. (Other Econolodges I've stayed at have hair dryers in the room.) The parking lot seemed very small for the number of rooms, but that could have been because there was a foot of snow in the lot and it was just hard to manuver. You could tell the room had been refurbished, but it was in decent shape. There aren't any close by places to shop (Walgreen's, fast food, etc.) but there is a Circle K next door. Don't plan on filling up on the breakfast that is provided, all they had was bread for toast, a few pastries, some fake looking orange juice and coffee. Overall, I am very thankful for this motel because of my situation at the time, and I would probably stay again. It's nothing fancy, but it's clean and convenient.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Econo Lodge Prescott? Share your experiences!