“Prepare for a Ghost Host.” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   122 East Gurley Street, Prescott, AZ 86301   |
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Prescott, Arizona
“Prepare for a Ghost Host.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

Ever since I was a little child I had been told the story about the lady who hung herself in the tower after getting married and having her husband disapear. So being myself for my Sixteenth birthday I wanted to do something special, something I would remember. A few days before my Birthday my mother and I went to the hotel to book two rooms. The front desk lady was very nice and took extra time with us to ensure that we got the rooms that we wanted. At first I wanted to stay in the Honeymoon Suite, where the lady who hung herself stayed, but someone else had already reserved the room.

Finally we selected The Spa Suite that came with a jacuzzi tub and the second most "haunted room" in the hotel. A couple days later we filed into the hotel to check in. The parking lot for the Hassyampa is FREE however it is on the OTHER side of the road.
Therefore it is quite hard to get across when there is traffic. There was extra difficulty because we were carrying birthday cake and such as well.

As soon as we made it into the hotel we groaned. The elevator isnt modern and cant run by itself. So we walked three flights of stairs with all of our stuff in our hands. Finally we made it to the Jacuzzi Suite and everyone began to settle down. I then decided that I would go to our second room and change my clothes. While I was in the bathroom changing the door handle began to shake and I could hear whispering through the vents. At that point I decided to head back to the main room. When I asked my mom if anyone had come to the other room she said no. The creepy thing is, I was all alone on the top floor of the hotel. The six rooms next to it were unoccupied. Scary right.

Little things like that continued to happen through out the night for example, the televison turning itself on and a pen moving from a chair to the bed. That night it was hard to get to sleep because of the bright red light of the Hassayampa sign outside kept us awake. I slept on the fold out couch which was not comfortable. The Hassayampa has NO pool or spa and doesnt have complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed September 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

Ok, first of all, we've stayed in every imaginable type of hotel all over the world. That said, you'd better be on your honeymoon if you expect to spend much time at this hotel. OK for business travelers, room was way too cramped even for this loving 35-years-married couple. When the furnace fan came on it sounded like the Space Shuttle was taking off. If you're looking to have intercourse with someone you just met, you can feel like you're back in the roaring twenties here. Your date might appreciate the period furnishings and doo-dads in the lobby. Parking is a pain in the rear, but free. If you are just looking for a comfortable night's sleep, try another place. P.S. Check-in staff was a little too snotty for moi....have been greeted with much friendlier gusto in Paris. Oh yeh, there are some reviewers who spent upwards of $200 a night on this place; they're nuts.

Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

My husband and I have been staying at the Hassayampa for our anniversary for 10 years (almost every year) Since my parents baught us the romance package. The romance package includes dinner in the Peacock room, Wine or Champange in your room and chocolates.... breakfast in the Peacock room in the morning and of course the room for around $169 during the week.... The Peacock room has wonderful food! The rooms have always been clean and nice... and we love that the decor is pretty close to when the hotel opened in 1927. This time all the rooms had been repainted! Very nice... we recommend to all our friends and also get the romance package for friends and family when they get married.
Very close to wonderful shopping, close to Whiskey Row.

Genesee, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

We stayed here two nights (Sunday and Monday) in mid march. Booked through hotwire at $70 per night.

CHECK-IN
Check in was quick and easy. We had a room booked through hotwire, which usually means get the "standard" room, but the desk clerk (Zach) offered to upgrade to a King room as one was available. He also helped with the Elevator to get us and luggage up to the 3rd floor. We received room #302 (pictures posted).

ROOM
Room had a comfy king bed with a feather top and feather duvet. Plenty of pillows. Small desk, bedside table, two sitting chairs, and an amoire with a few drawers and very small tv. The tv had about 50 channels. There was also a small walk-in closet with hanger and shelf space and an iron/ironing board.

Bathroom was on the average size, obviously somewhat older as in an old hotel. Our room had a shower with no bathtub, the toilet and a sink. Counter space was somewhat limited. The bathroom did have a hair dryer. Shampoo, conditioner, lotion and soap for products.

SERVICE , AMENITIES, LOCATION
Free high-speed internet access worked fine for us in our room. We also used the same-day dry cleaning service for a sweater and a pair of pants. Price was $19.20 - our clothes dropped at the desk before 8 AM were ready by 2 PM. Room service is available, although we didn't try it.

In the lobby there is a computer for guest use. There is also a small coffee bar set up throughout the morning and day, as well as cookies offered late in the day.

There is a patio with umbrella tables, but no pool or hot tub. Apparently they have an excercise room, but I didn't see it or look for it.

Location is excellent, just a block or so over to whisky row, and about 1/2 block to the antique shops. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance.

RESTAURANT/BAR
The bar has a happy hour menu with $2.50 wine and well drinks. On certain nights there is music as well. The restaurant is the "Peacock Room", we received "50% off an entree with purchase of one entree" as part of our room rental and ate there one night. Review posted seperately.

Overall, this was a great stay. No complaints about our room, great ambiance, great location, great stay!

New York, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2010

My husband and I visited the charming town of Prescott and stayed at the lovely, historical Hassayampa Inn. We had the most marvelous time. The service was incredible from the Director of Housekeeping Zak Hoyt who accommodated some special needs we had, so polite and charming to the wonderful staff in the restaurant especially the day Hostess Allison White. In addition, the food was fabulous! I would recommend a stay there to anyone, anytime.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Cabo San Lucas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

This historic hotel is located near the square within easy walking distance of fun shops and good restaurants. There is a parking lot for free across the street. The hotel bar and restaurants are excellent. The room was pretty, newly painted and had top of the line linens and amenities. The bed was heavenly and the bath roomy. We found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. Internet available in the lobby and strong signal in the room. All in all a great value.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

We were denied an extra pillow,Tooth paste,razor and shaving cream, later finding out front desk clerk (Zak Hoit) was too tired to bring them to the next floor.Next morning (Zak Hoit) told us to come prepared next time. We let him know there will not be a next time. We would have been better off eatin at the local denny's. Food was bland,And expensive. We will not recommend nor be back to the hassyampa EVER

• Stayed February 2010

Been to Hassayampa Inn? Share your experiences!