“Eat here.....everything was fantastic.” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   122 East Gurley Street, Prescott, AZ 86301   |
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Mexico
“Eat here.....everything was fantastic.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

had breakfast and lunch here - in the Peacock - and the food is fantastic,
the manager/hostess and wait staff are impeccable and KNOW how to take care
of you....with smiling faces and service galore...
prices are reasonable for eating in this ultra clean room that is so
central to downtown....one block from the square !

don't miss it !

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
tucson arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2009

we have just returned from prescott Arizona where we had a wonderful two night stay at the Hassayampa Inn. The staff was very pleasant. Could not do enough for us. our suite of rooms number 313 was delightful. living room with tv, microwave and little fridge. our suite had two bathrooms and a tv in the bedroom. the entire inn immaculate. had dinner in the dining room. excellent service and the food wonderful. also had two breakfasts and all was A-1. can't wait to return. Very historic property. If you want modern go to a Holiday Inn. the inn is right in the heart of town and very convenient to everything

Washington DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2009

Hotel has an outstanding location with an abundance of on-street parking, and meals and service in the restaurant were great. Unfortunately, these were the best parts of our experience at the hotel - the following comments have nothing to do with the hotel being a historic landmark and therefore not "modern". Despite the fact that we were the only people in the lobby during check-in, our greeting from the front desk consisted of the young man asking for a driver's license and credit card after we gave him our name, then telling us that we could only use the elevator if one of the staff was available to operate it. Housekeeping was spotty and inconsistent: trash cans in the bedroom still contained items from the previous occupant, the corners of our shower and the track that guides the shower doors needed a good scrubbing with bleach and a brush to remove mold, and although our used bathroom glasses were removed by housekeeping each morning, for some reason we had to request replacements. And historic hotel or not, the bed situation was a mystery: at an average cost per night of $160 for 5 nights (not including meals), bed linens should be new and crisp, mattresses should replaced frequently enough so that they don't cause guests to roll to the center of the bed during the night, and pillows should be replaced when the filling starts to separate and bunch up. Unless you have to stay in the heart of downtown "Preskit", you might want to consider saving some $$ and stay elsewhere.

Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

We stayed there over the 4th of July holiday. I loved the personable service from the staff from the moment we arrived. The front dest staff were playful and willing to jump in and help us with our luggage. Throughout our stay, the front desk staff were able to remember our names and use them to address us.
We had a problem with our toilet, and from the time we told them of the problem, they had someone up in our room to replace the toilet within minutes. The whole process took an hour and they left the place very clean. It was no disturbance to us at all.
I loved the courtyard music each night from 5-7pm. Nice jazz outside in the beautiful green courtyard. Drinks were available, too. From there we went to the dining room and enjoyed our dinner. Comfortable and tasty. Afterwards, we stopped in the bar where there was a different group playing jazz. We enjoyed ourselves there for a while as well.
We loved the lobby and enjoyed people watching and relaxing there for a while, too. There was a piano there available for anyone who could play.
The beds were firm, which we liked ,and we loved the furniture in the rooms. We found easy access for outlets for phones and our computer.
Easy access to hiking and the downtown square. The rodeo was fun, too.
We will return, with our children next time.
-LJB

Palm Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

I was in love with the hotel even before entering because of the beautiful architecture, the welcome feeling of the courtyard with colorful flowers, places to sit and relax.

I was also realistic in my expectations. I knew this was an historic hotel and part of the charm I expected was to be taken back to 1927 not 2009. That said, when I opened the doors and saw the lobby with the antiques, calming colors, there was such a feeling of peace and serenity, I felt transported back in time. This feeling was enhanced with the warm welcome I received from Kathy and the hotel staff. They were quick to answer my questions and help with the lift . I would have understood if they couldn't jump to my requests as there were other people being helped.

The room was clean, well appointed with antiques, comfortable bed and a jinormous Jacuzzi tub. There were all the modern amenities and a view out the window of big puffy clouds in a cornsilk blue sky.

I ate in the Peacock Restaurant and had the best meal I could have imagined. The room was very elegant reminiscent of a Victorian Tea Room. Alison was the perfect hostess, warm, friendly, attentive and full of useful information about the Prescott Square.

I could go on but I'll leave it to say that I had the best time at the Hassayampa Inn and would happily recommend it to others. It met my ideal of a 1927 hotel experience. I was looking for warm, friendly staff, rooms with character, comfortable bed, central location, good food and a tranquil place to rest. I wasn't looking for perfection or just a room for the night. I was looking for an experience and I found it.

I have to add that I went in with a good attitude. I looked for the best and I got it. I didn't go in with a frown comparing it to every other place I've stayed, because I knew it would be unique. I approached them with a friendly face and smile and it was met in return.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
san diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

We chose the Hassayampa thinking we would guarantee ourselves a nice room since we were paying around $200 per night. Despite the fact that this hotel has a beautiful lobby and exterior, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone really. It's just not a good value to pay this much money for a gummy bedspread, dirty headboard, gummy carpet and a room so cramped that you can barely get around the bed. We had a King Suite which was the size of a regular room that has been divided to make it a "suite". The living room was the size of a walk in closet about half as wide as it is long. The King bed was too big for what was left over as a bedroom. The shower was also, let's say unpleasant. With tax, this room was $210/night. I would value the room at maybe $70 if they would clean the bedspreads more often. I would prefer the Best Western or even the Super 8 over this hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
kmr021, Rooms Division Manager at Hassayampa Inn, responded to this review, June 2, 2009
Upon reading this review I immediately went to the 1 split King Suite that we have and inspected it. I did not see a gummy bedspread, and found it hard to locate gummy carpeting when the room has hardwood floors in it.

It just so happened that we had AAA drop in for a random hotel room inspection today. This is one of several rooms he visited and inspected and found our hotel to be a 3-diamond property.

As we are a historical property, the rooms are not large, but quaint. We take pride in the guest experience and look to improve our facility if we fall short. In this instance, however, I do not feel the comments are justified. I always encourage a guest to notify myself or other hotel management if they are not completely satisfied. I would like to personally invite this guest to return and see if we can make it a mutually pleasant experience.

Best Regards,
Kathie Reis
Rooms Division Manager
Hassayampa Inn, Prescott, AZ
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

We loved Prescott - what a find! We were only passing through on our way to Monument Valley but needed somewhere to crash for the night. From the map we weren't expecting much of Prescott. At least it had a hotel. But the town is great. Old, charming and elegant in a frontier kind of way... and all of that is echoed by the hotel.

Tiny rooms and a lift that belongs in a museum, but that's all part of the charm. The staff were very friendly and I'd recommend the hotel and the town to anybody passing this way on a road trip. The hotel is right by the town square which is surrounded on all sides by old saloon bars and cheap and cheerful restaurants and gift shops. Further back from the main square are some better eateries for the foodier out there... all just one minute's walk from the hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hassayampa Inn? Share your experiences!