“I'm in Heaven” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Palm Springs
“I'm in Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

I was in love with the hotel even before entering because of the beautiful architecture, the welcome feeling of the courtyard with colorful flowers, places to sit and relax.

I was also realistic in my expectations. I knew this was an historic hotel and part of the charm I expected was to be taken back to 1927 not 2009. That said, when I opened the doors and saw the lobby with the antiques, calming colors, there was such a feeling of peace and serenity, I felt transported back in time. This feeling was enhanced with the warm welcome I received from Kathy and the hotel staff. They were quick to answer my questions and help with the lift . I would have understood if they couldn't jump to my requests as there were other people being helped.

The room was clean, well appointed with antiques, comfortable bed and a jinormous Jacuzzi tub. There were all the modern amenities and a view out the window of big puffy clouds in a cornsilk blue sky.

I ate in the Peacock Restaurant and had the best meal I could have imagined. The room was very elegant reminiscent of a Victorian Tea Room. Alison was the perfect hostess, warm, friendly, attentive and full of useful information about the Prescott Square.

I could go on but I'll leave it to say that I had the best time at the Hassayampa Inn and would happily recommend it to others. It met my ideal of a 1927 hotel experience. I was looking for warm, friendly staff, rooms with character, comfortable bed, central location, good food and a tranquil place to rest. I wasn't looking for perfection or just a room for the night. I was looking for an experience and I found it.

I have to add that I went in with a good attitude. I looked for the best and I got it. I didn't go in with a frown comparing it to every other place I've stayed, because I knew it would be unique. I approached them with a friendly face and smile and it was met in return.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
san diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

We chose the Hassayampa thinking we would guarantee ourselves a nice room since we were paying around $200 per night. Despite the fact that this hotel has a beautiful lobby and exterior, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone really. It's just not a good value to pay this much money for a gummy bedspread, dirty headboard, gummy carpet and a room so cramped that you can barely get around the bed. We had a King Suite which was the size of a regular room that has been divided to make it a "suite". The living room was the size of a walk in closet about half as wide as it is long. The King bed was too big for what was left over as a bedroom. The shower was also, let's say unpleasant. With tax, this room was $210/night. I would value the room at maybe $70 if they would clean the bedspreads more often. I would prefer the Best Western or even the Super 8 over this hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
kmr021, Rooms Division Manager at Hassayampa Inn, responded to this review, June 2, 2009
Upon reading this review I immediately went to the 1 split King Suite that we have and inspected it. I did not see a gummy bedspread, and found it hard to locate gummy carpeting when the room has hardwood floors in it.

It just so happened that we had AAA drop in for a random hotel room inspection today. This is one of several rooms he visited and inspected and found our hotel to be a 3-diamond property.

As we are a historical property, the rooms are not large, but quaint. We take pride in the guest experience and look to improve our facility if we fall short. In this instance, however, I do not feel the comments are justified. I always encourage a guest to notify myself or other hotel management if they are not completely satisfied. I would like to personally invite this guest to return and see if we can make it a mutually pleasant experience.

Best Regards,
Kathie Reis
Rooms Division Manager
Hassayampa Inn, Prescott, AZ
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

We loved Prescott - what a find! We were only passing through on our way to Monument Valley but needed somewhere to crash for the night. From the map we weren't expecting much of Prescott. At least it had a hotel. But the town is great. Old, charming and elegant in a frontier kind of way... and all of that is echoed by the hotel.

Tiny rooms and a lift that belongs in a museum, but that's all part of the charm. The staff were very friendly and I'd recommend the hotel and the town to anybody passing this way on a road trip. The hotel is right by the town square which is surrounded on all sides by old saloon bars and cheap and cheerful restaurants and gift shops. Further back from the main square are some better eateries for the foodier out there... all just one minute's walk from the hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Pinellas Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2009

My email to the manager:

Marian K. and I would like to thank you and your good humored staff for a delightful stay at your marvelous hotel. The staff was exceptionally attentive. Linda cheerfully expedited our check-in upon arrival, and Greg jumped to our every need. Zac patiently helped us learn to pronounce Hassayampa, and smoothed the arrangements for our second night's stay on the busy evening preceding John McCain's campaign address on the courthouse steps.

The accommodations were comfortable and well maintained, and there was none of the odor from cleaning products that plagues other hotels. We appreciated the fresh fruit, coffee service, and newspapers provided in the lounge while we awaited seating for breakfast. We apologize for not taking the names of dining room hosts and servers, but the service, breakfast entrées, and sparkling table linens were exceptional.

We love the historic downtown location and will happy refer everyone we know to be visiting the area to stay at your Inn.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
azis4me
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2009

At first sight, the hotel is eye catching with it's red brick walls. The entry is pretty with it's fountain, benches and potted flowers. The lobby was gorgeous, and well cared for. The entire "public" area of the hotel was immaculate.

We opted for the stairs as there was no one running the antique elevator. As we got up the stairs, there was a nice little sitting area, then as we started down the hallway, we noticed how dirty and run down they let the "private areas" go. The carpet was dirty in front of each doorway, and the walls were white and smudged.

At first sight of our room, I noticed the antique dresser. Then I noticed the dirt on the baseboards, window sill and door mouldings. I could not believe how dirty it was compared to the "immaculate" public area. There was mold in our shower, and the ceiling of the shower was kind of caving in. The floors squeeked a lot. But we know that is from being such an old hotel.

The king size bed was comfortable, but the plastic covered pillows were awful. Glad I brought my own.

As far as the ghost, I took some photos around the upstairs, and tried to find Faith. No luck. In the middle of the night I was woken up a few times by very strange laughter from a woman, and a scream. My husband slept right through it.

All in all, I would recommend the hotel. I hope they clean it up a little better. I did notice the window leaked, and was very old. Might be a good reason for all the dust.

I would go back.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Chair
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2008

I've stayed at this hotel twice in the last couple of months.

The hotel is beautiful and has been very well restored.

On both visits my room was on the first floor (200's). The noise from the elevator, garbage trucks and building machinery was intense and frequent. I was not able to sleep through the night on either occasion. I could also hear the guests in the adjacent room every time they used the facilities.

The Queen room was tiny and the bathroom was so small I literally couldn't use it. I'm only 6 feet tall. The King room was better but still small.

I love to support the preservation of historic structures but will spend my money elsewhere on my next visit to Prescott.

• Liked — It's a beautiful and historic structure.
  • Disliked — The noise.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Prescott,Az.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2008

We recently moved to Prescott.

The week of Thanksgiving 2008 we had family and friends visit for the week. To show off Prescott in a grand way we started with a Sunday Brunch at the Peacock Room.

On two different Sundays, we had a wonderful experience. Excellent menue, food was very good, priced within reason, and the wait staff was top drawer.

This Hotel is a piece of Americana, a treasure that dates back to the days of the "Roaring 20's". The flavor of the old west and the new west combine here to treat your eyes and the palate.

As more friends and relatives come to visit here in Prescott, the Peacock Room of the Hassaympa Hotel will be the spot to start their visit.

Stayed November 2008

Been to Hassayampa Inn? Share your experiences!