“Great Anniversary Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 22 hotels in Prescott
Arizona City, Arizona
“Great Anniversary Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We enjoyed the Historic Hotel- the pictures really do depict the Hotel. I was charmed with the original hand operated Elevator, still in service. The Suite was modern and comfortable. I really enjoyed the Parlor room of our suite- I had a view of the square. We enjoyed the Romance package. My husband was completely surprised by the roses, Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries- yes I surprised HIM- he loved it even if it wasn't 'manly'. Breakfast in the Peacock Room was tasty- do try the Malted Belgium Waffles- yum, the service was excellent. The Hotel staff was attentive and freindly- One young man really stood out, Spenser was there to greet us- and recognized us each time we left and entered the hotel. Spenser is a great Ambassader for the hotel. We will visit again.

Room Tip: The suites have both a living area and a living room with a pull out couch.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Michael K, General Manager at Hassayampa Inn, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
I’m so glad that you and your husband had the opportunity to celebrate your anniversary with us. Thanks for providing such great feedback about your stay—I especially enjoyed the fact that you were able to surprise your husband with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. I’m sure that those details added to the memorable experience.

We always appreciate feedback about our employees, and I couldn’t agree with you more about Spenser. He is most definitely a valuable Ambassador for the Inn.

We look forward to your return!

423 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Glendale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My fiance and I have been going to the Hassayampa Inn for a few years now and it is such a fun trip. We always get the romance package because it is such a great deal. We were sad this year that it did not include dinner but it was such a nice trip none the less. I love teh atmosphere of this hotel and the friendly staff. I am amazed at some reviews saying the rooms are so small, I ask to them what do you expect from an older establishment? The charm of this hotel is amazing, the old elevator that is run by the staff, to the smells, and to the decor it is such an A+ establishment!

Surprise, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My girlfriend and I just spent two wonderful nights at this hotel. We recommend everyone stay here when visiting Prescott. The staff is super friendly and extremely attentive. The bar is great (especially happy hour) and the restaurant is fantastic. I would like to send a shout out to Elizabeth and Dan the waiters at the Peacock Room and to Dustin the chef. We ate there both nights and the food was incredible. Their menu rivals anything we have experienced in Phoenix. We would also like to send a special Thank You to Vanessa behind the desk for your attention and friendly smile.... Next time desert is on us. You guys are great !!!

Michael K, Manager at Hassayampa Inn, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thanks for the great feedback – it’s always nice to receive affirmation about our fantastic staff – our team really works together and constantly seeks to provide positive guest experiences. I’m so glad that your time in the Peacock Room and throughout the hotel was pleasant. We look forward to hosting the two of you again in the near future!
Morrison, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I spent one night in the Hassayampa Inn on a business trip. I agree with many other reviewers who find the hotel charming and the staff exceptionally friendly. I especially appreciate the large, authentic lobby, the outside spaces, and the originality of the breakfast menu.

I would go back in a heartbeat with my spouse to enjoy Prescott. In fact, I am looking forward to it. The easy walk to downtown is a great attractor. However, the Hassayampa doesn't make it as a business hotel.

Having read several TA reviews I opted for a King room hoping it would be large. The room I was given had a king bed stuffed in it and not much else. There wasn't a single chair of any kind, so when I needed to work on my computer I resorted to moving the TV that occupied the bureau, perching my computer on top of the bureau and standing. Other unfavorable attributes were water temperature that couldn't be held constant and doors so thin the creaking floodway in the hall provided background music.

If you visit, and the weather agrees, don't miss the patio in front and the gazebo to one side ... both great places to relax.

Room Tip: Do what is necessary to get a larger room. The elevator can only be run by the hotel staff, so if s...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Michael K, Manager at Hassayampa Inn, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I’m glad that overall you had a pleasant experience at the Inn. I was sorry to learn about your frustration with your accommodations, however. As a business traveler I understand how important it is to have a comfortable workspace, and I apologize for the lack of a proper desk and chair in your suite. Being a historic property we constantly try to balance the demand for large, comfortable beds with our space limitations. Our front desk staff is always happy to offer alternative room types, and I’m just sorry that we did not have the opportunity to relocate you while you were still with us. I do hope that you had the opportunity to explore our many meeting spaces, as we boast over 7500 square feet of event space, making the Inn an ideal destination for business functions.

Again, thanks for your feedback. We hope to welcome you back to the Hassayampa Inn in the future.
Mesa, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Staff is very friendly and helpful. The pillow top king size bed in our room was great as I prefer soft beds. The ride on the old elevator is historic. Lots of history all around. Would stay there again.....in the "haunted" room next time!!! lol

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I love this old hotel. Built in 1927 it's on the National Historic Registry. It was brought back to life in 1985, (I was part of the re-opening team!). It has a lot of charm. It's location is great, directly across from the town square. Tin ceiling in the bar. Old plug telephone switchboard in the lobby. Elevator that has to be operated by a member of the staff. Rooms are small but clean. The walls are thin. The rooms are now equipped with wifi and a flat screen TV. The staff is friendly, befitting a small town. The Peacock Room Restaurant serves three meals a day.

Kingman, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Just enjoyed our 2nd stay at the Hassayampa Inn. It has become a new "tradition" for my husband and I to stay there when we celebrate our anniversary! The staff is always happy and pleasant and eager to please. Easy walk into the "downtown" area with much to do! Clean, and comfortable rooms and bed. The food was really wonderful, but the hash browns were a little too over done at breakfast. Everything else was superb!!

Room Tip: Room 206/207 is really one suite. Very unique and comfortable!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hassayampa Inn? Share your experiences!