“Lodging in Prescott Az” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Prescott
Phoenix, Arizona
“Lodging in Prescott Az”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Spent one suite night at The Motor Lodge, with my daughter and 2 grandson's. We arrived late , a note was placed on the office door greeting us,fireplace was on, beverages in the refrig. If you want nostalgia, this is the place to stay, clean, quiet and comforting.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Been meaning to stay here for awhile and finally did. Cozy fireplace, nice host's, definitely clean and comfortable for a small little hotel. They give you a drink when you arrive and are very helpful with ideas and suggestions of where to go depending on what you are looking for. Lots of character in this place if you are looking for something different, which I was. Downsides, a little bit further of a walk to whiskey row than we thought. Probably not a big deal normally but we were freezing. Not ideal in winter. My husband was not crazy about the bed and said it was not comfortable, and the bathrooms were especially small. Not a huge deal to us but may be to others. Overall we had a very nice stay it just wasn't as spectacular as I expected based on the other reviews.

row

• Stayed January 2013
Bedford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My son and I stayed in the two bedroom apartment unit 12 for one night while visiting a local college. I was disappointed that we couldn't stay longer. The apartment was fun, immaculately clean and comfortable. We arrived later in the day and it was unseasonably cold. We were greeted by space heaters that had been added to our rooms to keep us cozy and some cold water and beer in the fridge. It was such a welcome gesture at the end of our long day.

The only negative that I could mention is the size of the bathroom and shower; however, this wouldn't be an issue for everyone. The bathroom was small and made it difficult to juggle toiletries for two people. It wasn't a big deal for one night but would have become a pain if we had a longer stay. The shower is probably 2 x 3. If that doesn't appeal to you then I would ask for a different unit.

We loved The Motor Lodge and will definitely stay there again on a future trip.

Room Tip: If a small shower is a problem for you, then request a different room.
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Brian, Joe and Kim are the best. Full of lunch/dinner recommendations when we asked. Great for conversation. Great mini tour guides. ( I was able to see the rooms no one else had checked into yet) They all look really groovy! If it hadn't been 11 degrees I might come back more often, but that isn't there fault. They did manage to wrangle up a little snow for us. Thanks for a great visit. When I come back to Prescott I can't imagine staying anywhere else.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We spent another amazing weekend at the Motor Lodge. Joe, Brian and Kim are the best hosts/hostess around. We stayed in room 5 this time. Things don't stay the same at the Motor Lodge for very long. They are always putting in something different and new. We are looking forward to seeing the new deck for room 5, hopefully, by the Summer. Expect to be treated like old friends and enjoy meeting other guests of the Lodge. There is a strong sense of community when you stay here. The absolute best place to stay in Prescott!

Room Tip: All rooms have their own unique charm...try them all.
York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This place is #1 in the area for a reason- very friendly owners- beer/wine on arrival and freshly baked cookies on departure were very nice little touches. We were also given excellent recommendations for dinner/breakfast and routes to walk around the town. The room we got was very comfortable with a snazzy retro feel. All in all an excellent experience.

Also make sure you sink a whisky or 5 on whisky row- the bars had a real wild west feel!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

So my husband and I went to Prescott with some friends for a weekend of fun and frolic. We'd heard so much from our friends about this place that we tried to get two nights there and had to settle for one due to them being booked. Once we arrived we knew why they are so hard to reserve with!

My husband checked us in and out he comes to ask what kind of wine I want. Huh? And back he goes. Out he comes with a woman behind him carrying a huge glass of wine! WOW! My husband is carrying one of his favorite beers. This is different.

She walks around and welcomes me and leads us to our room. She then shows us all the working features as we are standing there gawking at all the kitsch displayed around us. Amazing amount of mid century items! It's like a museum in this room! So many cool little details that I am just in shock.

I am a furniture/antiques/collectibles nut and I am simply blown away by my surroundings. Every little nook and cranny was filled with the most unique stuff! We stayed in a one bedroom with a lil' kitchenette! Too cute! It had a living room with a few chairs, a sofa , tv and fireplace! The only downfall is that the bathroom is a little small. Good news is that they have the sweetest soap! Smells so good.

Our unit had a cute little covered garage for our car and there are bikes you can use for free! Even one tandem. There is a full coffee pot with coffee, tea and cocoa. Fridge for your goodies and community fire pits! And when you leave? Ya get warm cookies to go! I couldn't eat them because I am gluten free but the husband enjoyed them.

Next time I'm going to book super early! And there will be many more next times!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!