“Excellent food with a great atmosphere. ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Keg Restaurant

Keg Restaurant
21001 N. Tatun Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85050-4207 (Desert Ridge)
(480) 419-7772
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #162 of 2,451 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Desert Ridge
“Excellent food with a great atmosphere. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Great food. Real personable service. Came from NH for the week and have eaten here twice this week. The atmosphere is great, especially considering it's over 100° degrees outside. It's darker, candles spread amongst the bar and tables and a nice looking wait staff. Will come back again during my next visit.

Phoenix, Arizona
“ Fabulous Birthday Dinner!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We went here for my dad's birthday. We each ordered steak, and The Keg has some of the best steak in the valley! Best presentation, and (just saying) best green beans!!!

Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
“Limited offerings for happy hour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

A little off putting from the start since the hostess and wait staff barely looked like they were 18 years old. Very young girls with low cut tops and the shortest skirts legally allowable. This was in the bar area, do not know if in the other part of the restaurant staff was better dressed. The food/appetizers were basically average and inconsistent. Small portions, scallops with bacon totally over cooked, baked brie not melted at all. The garlic shrimp with cheese however, was really tasty! If I ever go back I would order that again. So in the end, nothing horrible, but nothing great either. There are so many wonderful places to choose from at Desert Ridge and in Scottsdale nearby, it is doubtful there would be a reason to go back.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Our last night in Phoenix, we decided to go to The Keg...excellent choice. My husband had Tiger Shrimp and I had the Top Sirloin. Side dishes were excellent, including the salad I asked to substitute my carb side. They surprised us with a dessert for my husband's birthday. All the way around, an excellent evening of food.

Visited May 2014
San Diego
“Steak House but Crab Also”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We just checked into our hotel after a 6 hour drive and wanted to simply get "normal" food. well we missed that mark as the Keg Restaurant is exceptional.
My wife is a crab lover and we sometimes rate restaurants by the crab dish. This establishment was one of the best.
My wife had the dunginess crab and I devoured a small steak. Both meals were excellent so much so, that we have scheduled a return visit.
Service was super and the manager stopped by a couple of times to address any needs we might have. Sometimes this can seem intrusive but it was done very low key and was more attentive than bothersome.
This restaurant gets a 5 circle rating.

• Visited May 2014