I booked this without realising that it was a motel rather than a hotel (so with the room doors opening directly to the outside around a courtyard). I don't like this kind of place, and so I personally wouldn't return. But having said that, if you don't mind being in a motel (perhaps if you're not on your own), this is really great value for money. The rooms are all nicely refurbished and well-equipped (iron, ironing board, hairdryer, fridge, microwave, flatscreen tv, massive bed with nice sheets) and look rather like rooms in a boutique hotel. Only thing I missed was a kettle. It was quiet at night and very clean. The staff are also super-nice and helpful (Blanca, the head of housekeeping, is especially great, and the manager Sam was really good about swapping my room for me when I arrived). They let me leave my luggage overnight while I visited the grand canyon. They also offer a free shuttle to and from the airport, which is great (although my transfer was quite late because of traffic - maybe something to bear in mind if you're leaving around rush-hour). Breakfast is basic - coffee, packaged muffins etc, but fine if you just want a snack to start your day. All in all, it's very cheap for the quality of accommodation and location (although Phoenix itself is possibly the dullest place I've ever been), and the staff go a long way to making it feel like a nice hotel rather than a cheap motel.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn - Downtown Phoenix Hotel Phoenix
- Americas Best Value Inn - Downtown Phoenix Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Americas Best Value Inn Downtown Phoenix. Everything we do at our newly renovated hotel is driven by our desire to provide exceptional guest service and a clean comfortable environment. We offer a free daily continental breakfast. Appreciate the convenience of our on-site guest laundry facility and our 24-hour front desk and lobby. Relax and unwind in the privacy of your own guest room with amenities including free wireless high-speed Internet access, microwave, mini-fridge, 37 inch LCD flat panel cable TV with HBO and ESPN, hairdryer, table with chairs, desk with lamp, iron, ironing board, free local calls, and wake-up service. Our hotel's centralized location makes it easy to jump into the excitement, fun, and entertainment of Downtown Phoenix while also experiencing its history and culture. Americas Best Value Inn Downtown Phoenix is close to Arizona Diamondbacks Chase Field, Phoenix Convention Center, US Airways Center, CityScape, and Arizona State University. Comerica Theatre, Orpheum Theatre, and Arizona State Fairgrounds are also nearby. Spend some quality family time at the Phoenix Museum of History, Children's Museum of Phoenix, and Arizona Science Center. Play a round of golf at Encanto Golf Course and Phoenix Country Club. Enjoy a walk in the fresh air at the Japanese Friendship Garden, Desert Botanical Garden, Camelback Mountain, and Phoenix South Mountain Park. Seamus McCaffrey Irish Pub, Cibo Restaurant and Subway are all within half a mile of our hotel. At Americas Best Value Inn Downtown Phoenix, We've Got You Covered from the time you hit the road until your head hits the pillow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, HostelBookers, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn - Downtown Phoenix reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.