“Way overpriced” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Yasu Sushi Bistro

Yasu Sushi Bistro
4316 E Cactus Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85032-7636 (Paradise Valley)
602-787-9181
Good for: Outdoor seating
Neighborhood: Paradise Valley
“Way overpriced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I had such high hopes for this place after all the glowing reviews and i must say I feel extremely misled. Sushi was grocery store quality for more than double the price , service was more than lacking, she seemed to push the most expensive items. The dessert was the only thing my husband and I liked but that is hard to screw up. Disappointing at best...

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“Mixed feeling!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

Started good. We ordered our Tapas and drinks, which were tasty. After that we were kinda forgot about. It took almost an hour to get a second drink and order our main course.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boulder, Colorado
“Bit small and out of the way, but pleasant, enjoyable food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

This restaurant probably deserves to be rated better than "average" but it does not justify "very good" so I had to score a bit lower. In my opinion it is worth a "good" but not higher.

The restaurant space is a bit small and the location is not at all central so I would say this is a good option if you are in the area. Personally, I don't think it's worth more than a 10 minute drive unless there's just no better Japanese alternative in your area.

The sushi I had was fine: decently fresh, good texture and taste. But not something to get ecstatic about.

I tasted various of the grilled dishes, which was what had most interested me about the menu. I enjoyed everything I tasted and would certainly go back if I am staying in the area.

Strangely, the only large portion was of the grilled jidori chicken, which was perhaps the least interesting tasting of the all the dishes I tried. Most portions are Japanese size and this seemed to be an exception.

Beware that the prices can mount quite quickly. $30 per person for food, not including drinks, is a rough guide. It might average lower if you have more people sharing the food.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Absolutely great.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012 via mobile

Great atmosphere. Great service. Great food. A little speedy but worth it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
PHOENIX
“super yummy sushi, bit pricey but worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Really like this place, it was our first visit but we will go back they have superb sushi

• Visited November 2011