“Best in Phoenix” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Pinata

La Pinata
3330 North 19th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85015 (Ahwatukee Foothills)
+1 602-279-1763
Neighborhood: Ahwatukee Foothills
Homer Alaska
“Best in Phoenix”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Used to eat at La Pinata years ago when we lived in Phoenix. Have recently eaten there
5 or 6 times although it is a 40 mile round trip. It is still wonderful! The machaca Chimi is superb. Service is great - people are honest- prices good and wonderful food.

• Visited April 2013

Maryland
“Nice surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We arrived in Phoenix and were looking for a good but not frilly Mexican restaurant. We found this one on Trip Advisor. The positive reviews were warranted. The food was excellent and it was a very good value. Highly recommend.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Glendale, Arizona
“Consistently Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Excellent chips and salsa and I think THE best cheese crisps I have eaten so far...and I have eaten a lot. :) We used to come here when I was in high school which was a bit down the road, and recently went back when a high school friend was in town to go down memory lane. The cheese crisps are STILL primo, and the rest is good too. I had the seafood enchiladas which were quite good and we were stuffed with the quantity which is served, so go hungry. A guest had some sizzling fajitas which filled us with a delicious aroma at the table as well, Another guest had the shredded beef chimichanga and couldn't finish it all - said it was quite good. Very good meal with very good service.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Peoria, Arizona
“Best Mexican food in Phoenix!,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This family run place has spoiled us for any other Mexican restaurant. Consistently good and honestly their red chile is as good as my dear grandmothers was. We usually go on Wednesday afternoons and they are quick with the service knowing we are on a time crunch. Nothing here is bad,everything is served hot and fresh and ALWAYS delicious! The owners and staff truly make you feel welcomed. There is a reason they have been in business for so long....they are truly the best Mexican food in town.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Surprise
“Awesome food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've been eating at this restaurant shortly after they opened. When I lived closer, I ate there at least once a week. I was there again last night and I always think about the great times I have had there with my now grown children. The chips and salsa are the best in Phoenix. Period. Cheese crisps are terrific. The entire menu is worth a try. The chimis remain my favorite. The service is always friendly and efficient. There are many very good Mexican restaurants in the Phoenix area but if you haven't tried La Pinata, you've missed one of the best.

• Visited January 2013