“Great location for Phoenix Airport” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Airport (University Drive)

You added Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Airport (University Drive) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Airport (University Drive)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3401 E University Drive & I-10, Phoenix, AZ 85034 (South Mountain)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #36 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cheshire
“Great location for Phoenix Airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Thanks to Bill Weeman and his staff particularly Brandon for our stay in January 14.

The staff were most helpful regarding finding places and had a number of pre printed locations for travelers.

Great room and nice buffet breakfast.

One slight improvement could be the arrangements for the shuttle bus to Phoenix Airport. On two separate occasions the bus was full and people had to wait another half hour. So allow extra time for shuttle.

Room Tip: If you are renting a car from Phoenix Airport the off site car rental is closer to the Hotel than th...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
BillWeeman, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Airport (University Drive), responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor! It was truly a pleasure to meet you and your wife and we hope to have another opportunity in the near future. We appreciate your suggestions regarding our shuttle service and will be discussing them at our next staff meeting. If there is anything that I may do to assist you on your next stay with us, please feel free to contact me directly at any time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Stayed at Hotel January 14-17 2014. Room was OK, appeared clean. The Happy Hour was a little lame, but they tried. Have to give them kudos for that. But received a call from my travel department on Thursday the 17th informing me the Hotel had bedbugs and I needed to check out and find another hotel. I asked the little boy/man at the front desk while checking out and he confirmed they did have a problem, but they had "taken care" of it. It was on the second floor down near rooms 220-230. I understand you can't control who sleeps in your hotel, nor can you do anything about what they might bring with them, but not telling customers and allowing them to make the decision themselves to stay or leave, left me a little miffed. I went on line and looked up the other hotels in the area and it appears all of them have had issues in past years, so this is not uncommon, was just a little disappointed in HI since I stay at them exclusively.

Room Tip: Ask when you check in if they have had Bed Bugs in the last month. Believe they have to tell you if...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
BillWeeman, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Airport (University Drive), responded to this review, January 28, 2014
We appreciate your feedback and would like to assure you that we have identified and taken the appropriate steps in handling this situation. We consider the comfort and security of our guests the highest priority. As soon we received the report we put that room as well as all surrounding rooms out of order until we had a pest control company come in to resolve the issue.

As part of our hotel’s routine maintenance, all rooms are inspected by an outside pest control company multiple times per year to avoid issues with pests of any kind. In addition, our housekeeping team is trained to identify any potential pest control issues. We regret any inconvenience and would like to reassure you that we take every possible precaution to avoid this from happening.

Bill Weeman
Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I had a great stay here. The breakfasts were incredible and the room cozy and clean. Most importantly, the staff were so helpful in helping me deal with a missed fed ex package. I really appreciate they went the extra mile. This is where I would stay if staying by the Phoenix airport again. Easy to get to and easy to find. Better value than similar hotels in the burbs that I checked.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Airport experience and sincerely appreciate your kind words. Our staff is committed to exceeding our guests' expectations and we hope to have another opportunity to impress you in the near future.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I was visiting the Hilton Garden Inn on a 2 week stay for business. Paul Collinworth was one of the drivers for the shuttle (Holiday Inn Express & Hilton Garden Inn). This gentleman was the best. On time, very polite with a smile every morning. My group, I'm sure was very active in terms of going here and there but Paul was always there for the rescue. Thank you!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time our of your busy schedule to acknowledge Paul! I'm so proud of him for taking such good care of you and your group. We appreciate your business and hope to have another opportunity to serve your hospitality needs in the near future.
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I was coming back from a very tiring River Cruise on the Rhine River. I had some problems walking after going through Customs in Houston and had to continue the rest of my journey by wheelchair to the plane to Phoenix and then by wheelchair to the shuttle to the hotel.
The service to the hotel was fantastic! It was 11:30 PM NEW YEARS EVE!!
The staff at the hotel was amazing in their care of me, and when I got to the room, I was even more amazed. I was expecting a standard room but had a Suite - spa tub, separate bedroom, etc.Was very clean, comfortable, it fit the bill perfectly! I was in such pain when I arrived there that this was a welcome sight and much appreciated.
I had stayed there when I was leaving on my trip, December 22nd, and was also impressed. The breakfast was wonderful, and I have no complaints....This is my 3rd stay in a Holiday Inn Express hotel during the past year and will continue to make them my hotel of choice.
Thank you very much Holiday Inn Express for great service to a very tired, very hurting customer.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor and it was very quiet. I think I was in Room 434.....
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Airport and for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor! Our entire staff is focused on exceeding guests' expectations and going the extra mile. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your experience and we are looking forward to serving your hospitality needs again in the near future.
Yuma, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

My husband and I checked into this hotel at 1 am after a long flight from the east coast to find that there are no parking spaces available! They had SOLD all the parking spaces to people who were flying elsewhere. My husband had to illegally park our car at another hotel in the nearby area and then walk back to the hotel. Did we get any sleep that night? No we were too worried that our car would be towed from the other hotel's property. So it didn't matter if we had free wi-fi or that the mattress was nice or that the breakfast was complimentary. We were too worried about our vehicle. My advice to all those reading reviews for the Phoenix area, don't stay at this hotel. They don't care if your car has a parking spot. They are too busy selling the parking for the airport customers!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
BillWeeman, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Airport (University Drive), responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Airport and for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. We would like to offer you our sincerest apologies for the difficulty that you experienced in finding parking during your stay. We understand how frustrating that may have been for you, especially at that time of night. I will be sharing your experience with our staff in order to ensure that our parking package doesn't impact our other guests going forward. We certainly hope that you'll give us another opportunity to impress you in the future, the next time your travels bring you to the Phoenix area! Again, please accept our apologies! If there is anything that I may do to assist you, please feel free to contact me at any time.

Best regards,
Bill Weeman
Decatur, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

This is my first experience with a holiday inn express, and I have to say for the price I was well pleased. My first impression was that it was a little dated definitely 90's, but over all that didn't matter. This isn't a 5 star hotel but for the price you can't expect that. Breakfast was good descent selection of food Friday morning was a mad house,but we still got a good breakfast before heading out for the day. Fitness room was "OK" sufficient good for a few days use. Beds were good sleep good every night. With its proximity to the airport you could heir airplanes taking off, but never seemed to wake me up at night. This was only my second visit to Phoenix and wasn't sure about the location, but it was conveniently located off I-10. Not much real close by as far as restaurant, mall, ect, but a short drive 10-15 minute drive to anything you would need. There was a PT gas station just on the other side of the freeway that was very nice good selection of Beer, snacks that kind of thing. I would highly recommend if your flying in and looking for a economical stay in the Phoenix area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your first Holiday Inn Express experience! We greatly appreciate your feedback and are pleased to read that you were pleasantly surprised by the great value that we offer our guests. We hope to see you again soon, the next time your travels bring you to the Phoenix area.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Airport (University Drive)? Share your experiences!