“Would not recommend” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #132 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Henderson, Nevada
“Would not recommend”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Stayed 3 months and rarely had housekeeping services. Broken fridge 3 times. Broken window for the entire time...no fresh air. Rude employee, Jason. Called police twice for suspicious activity. Internet was soooo slow. Channel selection stinks! Laundry facilities are bad.

Room Tip: Do not stay! Roommate was accosted by a male (Pete) right in front of me and nothing was done. He...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Chandler, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Cindy – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize for the issues you encountered with your refrigerator and window. As well, I apologize that our Wi-Fi, channel selection and laundry facilities did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Lastly, I am sorry that members of our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. I will be sure to discuss your comments with our staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

My room was top floor on the corner. Even with the two layer windows all I heard all night was traffic. Everytime a semi passed something vibrated in my room. The fridge was very loud turning on and off. The toilet seemed to want to refill for no reason. There was trash under the desk and a ball of hair in the bathroom. They provide soap but no shampoo.
And I was two tired after my flight was cancelled and I switched hotels to go down and say anything.

• Stayed February 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Chandler, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear about the noise disturbances you encountered from the highway and refrigerator. As well, I apologize that the cleanliness of your room did not meet your expectations. I will be sure to meet with our housekeeping staff to ensure that these problems don’t occur in the future. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the future.
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

This place is scary. The management and staff would just walk over trash in the elevator.

This hotel was booked for me by a client and I am sure they were not aware of how bad this place is.

The hotel states that they have breakfast, when in fact they give you some old fruit and some cheap artificial granola bars that were nothing but sugar. Stating they have free breakfast should be considered fraud in my opinion and shows the integrity of the company that owns these hotels.

Their internet was so slow you could barely use it. They try to up-sell you to a faster internet but that seemed low-end and a scam to me. Plumbing was bad and hot water would come and go.

I will avoid this hotel in the future. Very over priced for this type of hotel during the winter Snow Bird season.

The hotel was in a very nice area and close to the business I had to visit for a few days.

Better trained and motivated management and staff is needed here in my opinion.

Room Tip: Check out the entire hotel, floor and to room before you pay.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Gilbert, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

The second room I was moved to was a Smelly smoking room. This after being sent to a room under repairs. There are Nice things to do around it in walking distance, movies, restaurants, etc. if you get a good rate on priceline it's probably worth it but don't pay full price.

Room Tip: Stay on the 1st or 2nd floor, the rooms on 3 stink like cigarette smoke.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Orem, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is a pretty basic place. Doesn't have some of the little upgrades that other ESA's have. The desk chairs are just table chairs. Not a regular desk chair with adjustable height, swivels, etc. But the room was clean. There was a good size cigarette burn hole in the bed spread but nothing smelled. The frig, coffee maker, TV and internet worked well, no complaints there. And everything in the bath worked OK. It's a bit hard to find as it sits way back from the street and the sign for the hotel is very small. But the advantage to being way away from the street is there's no traffic noise. I will be back.

Room Tip: There's no streets around so you don't have to worry about traffic noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I am pretty pleased with this hotel. The employees are very friendly and helpful. I've been living here for about 3 months and the only complaint I have is there is no pool or fitness center. :( Other than that, me and my husband are really enjoying our stay.

Room Tip: Bring your own pots and pans! They have a couple but they aren't very big.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Chandler, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our property. I appreciate the positive comments and will be sure to pass on to our staff. I wanted to mention that although we don’t have a pool at this property, we do have one at our sister property less than a mile away, which you are welcome to use. Please feel free to contact me at chn@extendedstay.com if you have any further concerns. Thank you again for your review.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Overall, the room was okay. One of the stove burners was broken so "Lo" was actually a red-hot medium high. There were a few cigarette burns in my blanket but it smelled clean and not at all like smoke so I didn't mind. There's bound to be wear and tear at a busy hotel.
The a/c and internet work.

Here's where it gets a bit graphic and there are photos so please ignore if you are squeamish.

Housekeeping missed a spot. Unfortunately I didn't notice until night, when the desk staff was gone. I bent down to pick up a tissue off the floor and saw the underside of the commode was smeared with dried poop. It looked dried. I did not test the theory.

Called the front desk at 7 am when they opened. Was informed housekeeping arrives at 8am and promised they'd head to my room first. I refused to use the bathroom, or shower and let all that dried feces steam and marinate and creep into my lungs so I waited...
At 9:15 am I called the front desk and said my patience ran out. Either send housekeeping or move me to a new room.
I waited.

Twenty minutes later housekeeping arrived and cleaned the offensive areas. Housekeeping was extremely thorough and apologetic.

And yes, whatever guest that leaves a toilet in said condition is an animal.

Under the circumstances, I think the 2-star review is appropriate. Maybe even generous.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Chandler, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. The situation you described regarding the state of your bathroom is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I met with the staff, and am coaching them on how to inspect for these types of issues, ensuring this type of situation is not repeated. I am also reviewing our customer service standards with the staff, as we should have responded to your needs quicker than we did.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at chn@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Chandler? Share your experiences!