“Decent, cheap room.” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #143 of 177 Hotels in Phoenix
“Decent, cheap room.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

The room was a bit small, and there were people doing work in the hallway in the middle of the morning with their tools and carts lying around, but other than that we were pretty pleased. The location was great, right off the highway.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank Elizabeth B

Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My white socks looked like I was playing outside in the dirt after walking on the carpet for a couple of hours. Breakfast was lame but good for a one day stay. Traveling for business this would not be my first pick in this area by any means. Hotel needs some TLC to bring it up to a average hotel. Clearly the Choice hotel chain is on a decline in Quality at certain locations.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bill D
Aschaffenburg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Easy to reach and quite close to the airport. Very good choice for a first stop when getting to phoenix. The room is in line with the quality standards of comfort inn: not the top, but anyway comfortable, clean and quite big. Only air conditioning is too noisy (we shut down during the night). Buffet breakfast offered a good choice of salt, sweet and fresh fruit. Parlking is definitely no problem and the surroundings are quite and safe.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rik_Milano
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Rooms are dirty; halls are dirty. Had to find someone to check in with and that took 10 minutes (had to ring the outside doorbell). Anyway, what to do? Stayed the night (a Friday). Woke up and went to the lobby for the breakfast. Nothing. Manager/owner was in his pajamas and his kids were playing in the breakfast room. Nothing to eat. Staff was trying to clean the encrusted waffle maker. Manager, trying to make up for the scam, asked me if I wanted an orange. Took the family to IHOP.
When I got home and tried to get on the website where I had hired and paid for the room in advance, I had a note that I had already left a review. I had picked this place based on its sky-high review (for its price). Penny dropped. These people ran one of the worst placed in Phoenix yet knew how to tap into the websites to leave themselves glowing review.
Do not stay here. You were warned.

Room Tip: Try a slightly pricier franchise such as Fairfield or some other reputable brand. I used to trust B...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank lecas7ro
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We arrived around 2:00, before our room was ready, and Mr. Dilip Radabiya, seeing that we were exhausted, gave us an upgraded room which had just been remodeled. We were the first to use it! All during our three day stay, he was very friendly and helpful. In fact, he seemed genuinely concerned about our welfare. I must say that it is rare to see such customer service, anywhere. It is obvious that Mr. Radabiya truly loves people. I highly recommend this motel!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the remodeled rooms. They are in the process of remodeling all the rooms, but they...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank WADE C
White Lake, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

We booked this for our first night in Phoenix, coming from the airport, sight unseen. It was very decent, but we had a hard time finding it. Also, the neighborhood is what put us off somewhat. It is quite industrial, and we felt a little isolated, even though the freeway was very nearby. The motel itself was nice enough, and the staff was friendly and helpful. We needed a public computer, which they provided, so we were happy. The room was basic and clean.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jugandme
Oak Hills, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

We had an overall good experience at this hotel. For the price, I think it is a great hotel for an overnight stay on the way through Phoenix. I'm not sure I would recommend as home base for an extended visit, but if I was on a budget, I suppose I wouldn't mind. It isn't fancy, but the beds were comfy and the room was decent. The halls were dirty as mentioned by a previous reviewer, but the rooms were acceptable cleanliness. The neighborhood is light industrial, so not really somewhere you would want to walk around at night, but at the same time not what I would consider a "bad" neighborhood. Just a little desolate at night. I did not feel unsafe at any time. I would stay here again when travelling through Phoenix.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple