“Perfect for our overnight stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix Camelback

You added Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix Camelback to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix Camelback
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2101 East Camelback Road, Phoenix, AZ 85016 (Camelback East)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #62 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Phoenix
“Perfect for our overnight stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

We had to attend a birthday dinner near the property and it was perfect for what we needed. The entrance was a little awkward coming in off of Camelback, but the guy at checkin was really nice and helpful. The beds were SO comforable that we are thinking of purchasing one from Marriott. The room was very small, but we were only in the room for a few hours. The lobby looked great and very modern.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
jamie_hill, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix Camelback, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Hello from Phoenix,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our hotel and it's services we were able to offer you on your recent visit to Phoenix. I greatly appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to do so.

I'm happy to say that the center is soon to be complete with the construction outside of our hotel doors that have had an impact on our guest experience. Here at the hotel, we are excited to see the new Nordstrom Rack building soon to move into the center.

If I can be of any assistance to you upon your next visit to the Phoenix area, please feel free to contact me at your convenience. All the best and thank you again for choosing Marriott.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
menlo park
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

I've stayed here several times over the years, and loved it. But for some reason, the place does not have WiFi in rooms anymore. I checked out early. Too bad. It used to be a great hotel. Now, it's a waste of money.

Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
jamie_hill, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix Camelback, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Hello from Phoenix,

I wanted to reach out to you to personally thank you for taking the time in your busy schedule to complete a survey on our hotel and it's services. We greatly appreciate all feedback received as we use them to communicate not only to our staff the things we are doing well, but also the areas of opportunities we have to improve.

I apologize that we were not able to meet your needs of having wireless internet access within your room for you to take advantage of. This is actually a feature that we are in the process of adding to our hotel and look forward to this upcoming date. As of today, we've only had access via a wired connection within the rooms, however, there were a few that were able to connect to the wireless based on the location of the room to our lobby zone. In the near future, each of our rooms will have this feature.

I hope that you will not utilize your most recent experience with our hotel as a deciding factor upon your next visit to the Phoenix area. I do hope that we get the opportunity to service you in the future. If I can ever be of assistance to you with any upcoming hotel needs in the Phoenix area, I hope that you feel confident enough to reach out to me at your convenience regarding. I thank you for choosing Marriott and hope to have the opportunity to service you again in the future. All the best!

Jamie Hill
Phoenix Camelback Courtyard by Marriott
602-293-2020
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

This hotel is in a great location. Very easy on and off to the highways. There is a construction area in the front of the hotel but the renovations to the hotel itself are complete. Our room faced the back and we heard no construction noise at all. You could tell that it has just recently been redone. Everything from carpet to furnishings was very new. Just behind the hotel is a strip mall (Town and Country) with a Trader Joe's and it's very convenient to walk over to buy some fruit for breakfast etc. A great secondhand clothing store called My Sister's Closet is there as well.
Approximately 3 tenths of a mile from the hotel is a McCormick and Schmick's restaurant with a great happy hour menu. Food prices start at $1.95 and I had a hamburger with fries for only $2.95 and it was very good.
The pool area has a hot tub and was nice although due to the surrounding buildings and trees it doesn't get as much sun as I would like.
This is a nice Courtyard in a great location and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the book to avoid any possible construction noise.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Friend, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

The best way to describe this hotel is, you can dress up a 90 year old woman with make-up and new clothes, and try to make her look 30, but she still is a 90 year old woman!

The hotel has been renovated, but the rooms still are outdated by their layout. You have to close the bathroom door in order to use the restroom, and the toliet paper holder is right in your lap.

The rooms are very noisy as you can hear everything in everyone elses room.

I have stayed at many Courtyards and this one ranks among the worst!

Room Tip: Just don't choose one at this hotel!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

This Courtyard has a great location and great newly renovated rooms and soon to be lobby. I stayed here for 4 nights and had a good night's rest every night. The property on the outside is a bit scary looking if you come in at night due to the fact of all of the construction equipment and work being done on the hotel.

When we first arrived at the hotel we could not figure out exactly where to park because the parking to the side of the hotel does not specifically say COURTYARD parking or hotel parking, but we parked there anyways and grabbed our stuff, the only thing that was a bit disappointing was dragging our luggage through the bushes to get to the "lobby" (which is in a side location due to the renovation, which I was warned about prior with an email from the general manager and knew when I booked it as well). Upon check in (which was late evening about 11pm due to late arrival at Sky Harbor). The front desk agent said that they had no King rooms available for our stay. In which I booked this hotel stay back in March of 2011 and our stay was in September of 2011 so not quite sure as to why they did not know that I had requested and reserved a King Size room. The front desk employee seemed flustered and did not know exactly what to do, he offered to upgrade us to a "Suite with Doubles" per having my Marriott Rewards number on file with the hotel. I decided to take this since again it was an upgrade for the same price, but was disappointed since I had booked this stay well in advance.

The room itself was a suite with two double beds in a separate room within the room, the room overlooked the pool/courtyard area and had a small "balcony" overlooking the pool from the sitting area of the room. The bathroom itself was rather tiny compared to other Courtyard properties but it did the job as does any bathroom at a hotel. The beds in the room were comfortable being the newly upgraded mattresses with the new Courtyard makeover, but were quite tight and not extremely comfortable to sleep on one bed for two people when your used to a King size bed for two.

The area the hotel is in, is near the Biltmore Fashion Mall (the ritzy mall of that area with a Cheesecake Factory and high end shops), but in the same parking lot as the hotel there is a Chili's and across the street is a Frey's Grocery Store (bought drinks at the grocery store and stored them in the room's mini fridge quite a money saver if you ask me over the hotel soda machines).

All in all I would stay at this property again, and am staying at it for one night in Dec 2011, at this time I am aware the hotel will be done with the renovation and will be a brand new Courtyard as to being the new model for Courtyard Hotels (stayed in a few and they are quite nice!). But on the other hand a bit disappointed with the room being not the one that I requested and reserved.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the courtyard/pool are are quite nice and most have balconies.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Monteverde, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

A typical Marriott hotel. Almost all Courtyards have the same room setup and same amenities. Expect soft comfartable beds and a good room layout.
This Courtyard is located along the east Camelback/Biltmore district. Close to the Biltmore Fashion park, great places to eat, and close to the 51 freeway.
The hotel is undergoing a renovation at the moment.

It appears that outside the hotel is also undergoing a large renovation. The northeast side of the Town and Country shopping center is being torn down and the boarded up Mexican place and recently torn down steak house and being flattened for some type of new construction. Be aware that these projects appear to be just starting as of October 2011 and will be ongoing. They are immediately adjacent to the Marriott so expect noise and congestion with the ongoing construction.

Room Tip: Poolside room on the first floor allows a short walk to the pool right outside your door.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
jamie_hill, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix Camelback, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
I wanted to contact you to thank you for completing a review on our hotel in regards to your most recent visit with us at the Camelback Courtyard by Marriott. I greatly appreciate your feedback.
I'm glad you were able to see the start of our renovation for our hotel and I can only hope that you'll be able to see our finished product in the near future as we are converting areas to give our guests such as yourself new refreshing experiences with our Courtyard.
If I can ever be of assistance to you, please feel free to contact me at your convenience.
Northridge, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

I just stayed here 2 nights and was quite pleased with the hotel. They are in the middle of renovating and I received a newly renovated room. The bed was very comfortable. The staff was friendly and it is in a great and safe location. I used to live down the street from here so I was very familiar with the area but for those that aren't it's a great spot. It's near the Biltmore mall, has a Trader Joes, Fry's grocery store, multiple restaurants nearby and is close to freeway access.

I would recommend this hotel for a trip to Phoenix and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool on higher floors have a great view of sunsets.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Hello from the Camelback Courtyard by Marriott,

I wanted to contact you to say thank you for the recent comment you posted regarding our hotel and your recent visit with us. We thank you for your patience as we are going through our renovation and we are happy to share that we are coming down to the final stretch of such and should be completed with the entire hotel by November 6th.
The Town & Country Center is also completing a renovation of it's own as well that will take a little bit longer, however, we're happy to share that Nordstrom Rack is on it's way.
Upon your next visit to the area, I hope that you're able to experience our new refreshing experience with the Courtyard by Marriott. Please feel free to contact me on your next visit to the Phoenix area and I'd love to meet with you to show you our new experiences.

Thank you once again!!!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix Camelback? Share your experiences!