“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #143 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Cedar City, Utah
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

Newly remodeled rooms are a great value for the price. The staff was friendly and accomodating. I will stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: Stay in rooms on the office side to avoid freeway noise.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

DH booked a nonsmoking room on-line for 4 nights, but when we showed up only smoking rooms with one double bed were available. It was something out of a horror flick. The room wreaked with stale cigarettes. The window screen was out and on the floor by the window, the the lamp by the bed fell apart when I tried to turn it on. The ceiling light fixture had no bulb. The furniture was miniature and mismatched. The old-style deep-profile TV was blurry. The outside of the building smelled like industrial spillage of some sort. The parking lot had poor lighting and I was fearful just getting to our room as sketchy individuals were loitering about. The frig was so small, you could barely fit a standard takeout container in it. I find it curious that this is advertised as an extended stay accommodations, if one can't buy enough groceries to properly store in the frig. We checked out of the room within 30 mins. and moved to the Radisson by the airport, which was A+! Others were in the lobby complaining as well when we turned in our keys for a full refund.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Surprise, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

My husband was transferred to AZ from NY and needed to start right away giving us literally no time for closing on our home. We knew we'd be stuck here almost the whole time the house was in escrow. So on July 2nd we arrived and today I still sit here hoping we can close on this house today and I can get the hell out of this dump. Please, only if you want to torture yourself stay here. I feel so sorry for Dani who has to deal with people's complaining that this place is disgusting and poor Whitney who got stuck in her position and has to LIVE here! I'm pretty sure if the economy wasn't so bad she'd hightail it out of here! The following is a letter I sent to the complaints department. Not only will I not get a response, but from the reviews on here, it looks like this "company" replies to ONLY the good reviews. Btw, the beds are so uncomfortable, I'm going to have to see a chiropractor after this!

Dear Customer Service,
I have been here more than 35 days waiting to close on my house. I paid for 5 weeks, and then daily after that since we had no idea when we would close on our house. I have dealt with the nasty attitude of Shu, I have dealt with no garbage bags, no matching bedspreads, no blanket for one of the beds and plenty of other things. INCLUDING a pimp and 4 hookers that were placed next door to my room with their pimp. The SAME pimp who called down to guest services and asked for bleach, duct tape and a KNIFE. I will have you know that the pictures of this place on your website are very deceiving. More than 90% of these rooms are empty and I can see why. If I weren't so close to closing on my house I'd take my things and go elsewhere. I told the property manager last night that I should be closing on my house today and would know by 3pm. She said that it was fine. Then I get a phone call from downstairs (I have no idea why they say guest services when there really is no service) and am told by an employee that a property manager from another location is there and said I need to either pay for another night or leave immediately. I don't know what property she is from but I know her name is Shelly. I already had previous arrangements with the property manager of THIS property. Who is she to tell me I have to pay for another night even if I stay for an hour?! IN THIS DUMP??? Hookers are outside asking 16 year old children if they would like services, a pimp comes up to my 11 year old daughter and asks if she wants to see his puppy, etc. What the hell is wrong with this place? You are so desperate for money that you will take in anyone? This place disgusts me and I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy. I sure as hell hope I close on this house today because I refuse to give your company another dime. I will leave tomorrow if I close on this house or not and go next door to the La Quinta (I stayed at them on our road trip here- excellent but a little pricey). It may be a little bit more money, but at least I don't have to worry about hookers, pimps, and drug dealers. This is absolutely ridiculous!!

This place is HORRIFIC! I am pretty sure these girls work here because they need the money, not because they want to. I should have known this place was shady when we finally got here at 3:30 in the morning and they have a housekeeper who works overnights checking people in (untrained by the way) and instead of helping us, she helped a drunk guy try to find his room so he could get a key since he locked himself out.

Complete GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Please... Don't stay here.. even for a night!!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Red Deer, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

I stayed here for one week in Nov. 2010 while in town for a NASCAR race. I was very impressed with the front desk staff. Late check in went smoothly, & all staff that I had contact with were very polite & eager to please. The room carpet was a little worn, & the kitchen facilities are minimal, but everything worked well. The bed was great, as was the shower. Some of the neighbors were a little noisy, but not bad enough to complain to management about. The location was great for me....one block off the interstate 10 with good access, but no traffic noise at all. It is about 15 minutes to the airport/rental car return.

I booked online with the hotel about 2 months in advance, & got a great price of $154+tax for the week. Hi speed wireless internet was an additonal $5 for the week. Can't beat that.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Susanlarson, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - West, responded to this review, December 5, 2010
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Crossland Phoenix - West. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

FORT WAYNE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

Reserved online, room not ready 2.5 hours after posted check-in time, and waited almost 1 hour for it. Staff clueless, no follow thru. Room OK, large wet spot on carpet near wood floor made for a great fall hazard. Room next to office; could hear all conversations & every loud door slam. Had to fix toilet myself twice during time when office was not open. Many other hotels nearby with similar prices.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Susanlarson, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - West, responded to this review, November 14, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crossland Phoenix - West. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

Only a long city block off I-10 at 51st. Hint--avoid Phoenix traffic and take Riggs Rd. exit from I-10--it will become 51st St. A great way to avoid 7 lanes of racing or stuck traffic, depending on the accident factor and time of day.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Susanlarson, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - West, responded to this review, June 4, 2010
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Crossland Phoenix - West. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

The purpose of us staying at Crossland Studios was not to enjoy 5-star luxury :: we definitely didn't.

The location of the hotel is OK. It is along a fairly quiet street, a little dimly lit and not near any other major businesses. The outside of the hotel is racy. There were a lot of shady people hanging around in the parking lot both nights that we stayed at the hotel - made my wife a little uneasy.

The actual room is just fine. It is quaint, yet accomodating (if you're just looking for a place to sleep and nothing more). It is not a big room. Everything worked just fine and it was pretty clean. The bed was NOT comfortable and the walls are paper thin. We listened to conversations and heard TVs in adjacent rooms throughout the night.

Our second night we requested a hide-a-way bed or something soft for a friend to sleep on :: they don't carry anything of the kind. They brought us an extra comforter and we made it work. I didn't expect anything special and we didn't get anything special. It was a TOTAL of $40/night and that was in our budget for this trip.

Even if we're on a budget for the next trip :: we will not stay at Crossland Studios. We'll probably fork out a little more and get some better sleep.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Susanlarson, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - West, responded to this review, March 29, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crossland Phoenix - West. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. We recognize that if our guests can't get a good night's sleep, they won't return, so we've chosen bedding that we hope best suits their needs. I do take seriously your concern, and promise that we will continue to look for ways to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible when staying with us.

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - West? Share your experiences!