“Worst LQ to date” 1 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Phoenix - Arcadia

You added La Quinta Inn Phoenix - Arcadia to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Phoenix - Arcadia
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4727 East Thomas Road, Phoenix, AZ 85018 (Camelback East)   |
Ranked #67 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Bordeaux
“Worst LQ to date”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

I'm and elite memeber and I stay at LQ all the time and this was the only time I've ever had to check out of a room. It still had garbage from the last guest and it smelled terrible and the bathroom was falling apart. LQ corporate treated me like it was my fault and I was wasting their time, I was very unsatisfied with the entire situation and customer service was very poor. I had to check out and find another hotel and would not recommend this location to anyone. Pay a little more and stay some place else.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
LQArcadia, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Phoenix - Arcadia, responded to this review, June 2, 2011
Thank you for your comments regarding the hotel. As of May 1, 2011, this property is under new management, and I can assure you we are taking each of these comments to heart and will work to improve the property in those areas. It is only through guest feedback like this that we can focus on the areas that mean the most to our guests. Thank you again, and I hope we can serve you in the future if your travels bring you to Phoenix.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

This is a great "cheap" hotel. You can walk to Target and Fry's (grocery) and there are several bus stops close by. It's also close to a running path and restaurants. $16 cab ride from the airport (5 miles)

• Stayed March 2011
LQArcadia, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Phoenix - Arcadia, responded to this review, June 17, 2011
Thank you for your comments. They are greatly appreciated. We hope to serve you again in the future.
LeRoy, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

Excellent location for various excursions in the Phoenix area- Certainly not a 5 star hotel (not a classy neighborhood, not the best maintenance of breakfast area, worn linens and towels) but definitely worth a look for those on a budget

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I have noted the areas that you mentioned that need improving, and I can assure you they are being actively being addressed. I hope we can serve you again, and thank you for your patronage.
Chapel Hill
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

We stayed two nights. Good hotel for the money, basic breakfast. No problems

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. We really appreciate the feedback of our guests.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2010

I have been at this hotel for over a year working in the Phoenix Az.. The hotel staff are great and very wonderful they have made my stay wonderful. Even the housekeepers are very wonderful and help the keep the rooms very clean and very nice.I would not stay at any other hotel when i am in Phoenix working.If you are looking for long stat or short stay or just the weekend this is the place to stay.You have places to eat within walking distance.You are located 5 minutes from the airport and if you ant to go shopping you are about 15 minutes from great places to shop at.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us. I want to thank you for your patronage, and we hope to see you in the future.
baltimore, md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

My husband & I relocated here from Baltimore Md and needed to stay somewhere until our apartment was ready. We first stayed at another hotel which was closer to the airport, but soon found out it was a mistake. After 2 nights we called around and found the La Quinta. Its still close about 2miles down the road. Right away, the person who answered the phone put us at ease. She was very friendly & took her time answering all our questions. The hotel is pet friendly (we have a puppy) and dosent require a "daily" pet rent like alot of others. Upon arrival, we noticed it was very nice from the outside. The lobby was very nice, clean, and offered free internet as well as Wi-Fi. Again, no hidden charges. There is a laundry facility on site, a pool/spa, fitness center & the grounds are very well kept & green. The la quinta is within walking distance to 2 large shopping centers,and even after traveling for a while, the rooms still had the "wow' effect. They are very spacious, micro/fridge work area, ice cold A/C and soft pillow-top mattress. We slept very well & had a hot breakfast. Again, no extra charge! All the employees are very helpful, and mangement is on-site for any problems. And to top it off the price is very reasonable. Staying at this La Quinta gave me a whole new perspective on what to expect. If Iam not home this is where I'll be. La Quinta - they leave the light on for ya ....and the A/C!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
LQArcadia, Manager at La Quinta Inn Phoenix - Arcadia, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
vanna2,

You are awesome!

Thanks for considering us your second home. Here at La Quinta Inn Phoenix-Arcadia, we consider all guests as the very best, and we are glad you found our hotel nice.

We love having your pets at our hotel, and we also have a beautiful courtyard for them to walk in.

As always, we shall continue providing you the great features you deserve, like free WIFI and laundry facilities on site as well as a large pool and jacuzzi.

We hope to see you soon.

Thanks so much!
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

It's no secret that I love the La Quinta chain, but this may have been my favorite one that I have stayed in yet. The pool was heated to such a perfect temperature that I didn't want to get out! Our room was clean and comfy, with a lovely little updated granite-lined shower and vanity tops. The grounds were very pretty with (like many LQs) a Spanish-style theme but there was an abundance of tranquil fountains, wrought-iron trim and moon/star decorations that made this particular LQ just that much nicer. I had a problem with my billing--they charged me higher than the rate I had confirmed at--but the onsite manager was so responsive and willing to help that he turned even THAT negative into a positive. My only nits were that the lights in the bathroom flickered unevenly, which was annoying, the microwave in the room was very, very old (I'm guessing early 1980s, seriously--see the photo I posted) and it was missing a leg so it was a little unstable, and the jacuzzi was nothing more than a very gentle wave and they told us it could not be adjusted from that (I prefer a really rolling jacuzzi). None of this was enough to keep me from wholeheartedly recommending this place, though. What a steal!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
EuterpeThelo,

Thanks for you awesome comments.

We are a unique hotel in that we do heat our pool for the guests. Glad that you enjoyed that feature.

Thank you for taking notice of our love for fountains and everything green, we take a lot of pride in our hotel and we are happy to see that you enjoyed that.

I'm sorry to hear that your room had a small problem, but we have since taken care of those issues.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you in the future.

Been to La Quinta Inn Phoenix - Arcadia? Share your experiences!